1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

the Canon affinity for each sponsor

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by GenyaArikado, Aug 20, 2016.

1. GenyaArikado

GenyaArikado Black Queen

I built this post on a foundation of the best sponsor interpretations. I know these are the best interpretations, because they are mine :p

JK except not really. Based my interpretation on the sponsor/leader background, unique dialogues, tech quotes and the affinity lore i decided which leader goes to which affinity and which victory condition they'd pursue. Each affinity has two leaders so it looks neat and balanced (BE should have had a "story" mode tbh)
    -----------------------------------------------------

Purity

Spoiler :

Rejinaldo de Alencar - Brasilia.
    Promised Land

Why:
    For starters Purity Rejinaldo has plenty of unique interactions towards different affinity leaders. His loadscreen journal states he's wary of native life. His speech reeks of patriotic sentiment and makes emphasis. Add to that the heaviliy militaristic aesthetics of Purity, the religious overtones (fitting for a faction based in latin american countries) and the archetype Rejinaldo is based on and it feels obvious that he's Purity

Spoiler :

Arshia Kishk - Al Falah
    Domination

Why:
    Like all RT factions, Al Falah and Arshia are more or less blank, however there are some things we can pierce from what they did get. 1-The city names and Arshia clothes indicateIslam survived to some degree in the generational ships 2- Arshia was raised to have a heavy interest in Old Earth, her unique quotes have her asking about Old Earth and the letter to her daughter consists of an old Earth story. Also (without intent to raise unfortunate implications) Al Falah colonists lack of direct ties to old Earth along the attitude she shows on her letter in my opinion push her towards the militaristic and isolationistic side of matters, hence my belief Domination instead of Promised Land for her.

Harmony

Spoiler :

Kavitha Thakur - Kavithan Protectorate
    Trascendence

Why:
    Kavitha was obviously meant to be BE's "Deirdre" regarding being "green". Quotes, promotional art, diplomacy interactions, all about reverence towards he new planet. Hive-mind enlightment suits too perfectly a cult so devout as the Kavithans. On top of that the "Nirvana" type of planet in Starships was meant to be unlocked by winning an Harmony game.

Spoiler :

Samatar Barre - People's African Union
    Domination

Why:
    From his quotes we can gather that he too cares deeply about the new planet that will be his home and respects nature after witnessing how disastrously was Africa sacked by the other powers. Samatar is a friendly man but he was also a soldier, and he clearly resents Africa's treatment in Old Earth, that leads me to think he'd go for righteous war rather than trying to make Contact or searching Trascendence

Supremacy

Spoiler :

Daoming Sochua - Pan-Asian Cooperative
    Emancipation

Why:
    To begin, Daoming's backstory indicates her electrical engineering, nano-electronics, nuclear physics, and bubble fusion, which are suitable subjects the leader for of a Supremacy society. Her quotes also point her towards a liking for transhumanism via machine, a desire for perfection and the caracteristic aloofness of Supremacy. Her confrontational attitude towards the other PAC representatives and belief in her own superiority lead me to think she'd pursue Earth's Emancipation.

Spoiler :

Vadim Kozlov - Slavic Federation
    Contact

Why:
    Kozlov is also one of the "obvious" ones. Supremacy Vadim has unique diplomatic interactions and his quotes also show a lack of care for the natural state of the planet along his preference for machines. SF and Kozlov greatest achievements are related to Space exploration, so despite him being a general, i believe Contact is more fitting for him.

Harmony/Purity

Spoiler :

√Člodie - Franco-Iberia
    Trascendence

Why:
    Everything about Elodie and Franco-Iberia is about them bringing the best traditions from the past into the future, about being grandiose. This naturally makes them fitting for Purity. However P/H hybrid faction according to the lore consists of "the most extremes purists" who transform themselves to god-like beings. We know Elodie is self centered, dimissive of dissenting opinions and behaves like royalty and Franco Iberia considered themselves "Guardians of Western Culture" so them going for P/H feels natural. Elodie's desire for control (expressed by the creation of The Canon) in my opinion drive her away from Promised Land ending (mixing that old Earth rabble with her enlightened god-children? never) so Transcendence is for her

Spoiler :

Duncan - Hughes
    Promised Land

Why:
    Another relatively blank one. His title though, "The Sea King of Two Worlds" sounds almost mythological, and his quote about bending reality if needed sounds suitable for the P/H god-like race. However unlike Elodie, Duncan is also a nice guy who despite his highborn status, was made to work his way up. That along the heavy criticism he got for pushing NSA Seeding efforts make me think he'd go for the Promised Land ending.

Purity/Supremacy

Spoiler :

Hutama - Polystralia
    Promised Land

Why:
    Hutama is also a nice guy, but he clearly has an hedonistic vibe going for him. That combination along her distaste for AIs (mechatronics quote) and his relative lack of care for the planet (xenomalleum quote) makes him suitable for P/H society. Since he's a nice guy who cares about the masses, Promised Land sounds like what he'd pursue too

Spoiler :

Suzanne Fielding - American Reclamation Corporation
    Emancipation

Why:
    Suzanne is a ruthless, power hungry woman, her journals make that clear. Beyond the obvious Apple-lite aesthetics from P/S, ARC is a company which needs to sell and manufacture in order to relevant, which drives her away from pure Supremacy, Harmony or Purity philosofies. Godhood and Evolution dont seem to be in her goals either so S/H and P/H are discarded too. ARC expected profits out of the seeding mission so her returning to Earth sounds logical, however Suzanne would probably go for an hostile takeover, hence Emancipation.

Harmony/Supremacy

Spoiler :

Han Jae-Moon - Chungsu
    Trascendence

Why:
    Chungsu scientific-progressive nature makes it look like a fit follower of S/H. This along their isolationism makes me think they'd lean for Trascendence over Emancipation.

Spoiler :

Lena Ebner - INTEGR
    Emancipation

Why:
    Lena and INTEGR transmodern policies also make them sound like good candidates for S/H. While Chungsu would evolve into S/H culture "for science", INTEGR would because because it's "the best". While she does care about nature, she also seems to heavily care about Earth people, so her returning to Earth to emancipate them also feels fitting.