The Capo's LH Gallery and Self-Help Thread!

I am not a great modder, I think I'm decent, but a lot of what I learned was from simply picking apart mods and seeing what they've done. So by doing this you may learn a lot, and get a lot more than just a simple leaderhead. Welcome to modding man, it is quite a ride.

Sword, your links appear broken. Since I can't actually see the leaders to whom you're referring, all I'll say is that those sound more like Inca leaders to me, since Atahualpa was the son of Huayna Cápac, whom the Spaniards swindled out of an empire, and Túpac Amaru could be the de jure last Inca as Túpac Amaru I, or the de facto last Inca Túpac Amaru II.

Yeah thats right on both counts. I got the images from here: http://ron.heavengames.com/gameinfo/nations/inca/inca.shtml

I already have an existing leaderhead in mind for the Chimu, but I thought Atahualpa and Túpac Amaru I would both make great leaderheads.

Ten years ago a guy named Sween made an Atahualpa leaderhead for Civ3, along with this guy for polynesia:

Its all up to Capo what he makes though, these are just ideas/suggestions.

I'm not opposed to using Atahualpa and Túpac Amaru I as Chimú leaderheads, but I just feel they're more fitting as Inca rulers, though The Capo's got Huayna Cápac and Pachacuti as Inca.

Where are the leaderheads? We have waited several month for your work! If you have problems, let me help you.

I apologize for my constant "disappearances." They are not intentional, and are always due to my crappy life.

First I had a long bout of financial problems, resulting in moving a lot and my computer being stored away. Once I got it working I made my last return only for my time and efforts to once again become delayed due to court appearances (not for criminal charges, but for civil issues) and losing money. I just recently got everything back in order only to discover that my computer got a nasty virus and I can't get online with it. So I have to get that taken care of, I am currently on a friend's computer. I am really trying to get back into the game but I got to figure that one out first before doing so. I can still work on the LHs on my computer, it is just a matter of figuring out how to get them uploaded for everyone. I currently have really good WIPs on Lorenzo d'Medici, Merkurios, Arpad, and a few others I have promised. I also have a great deal of units finished that I need to upload (including a nice Egyptian ancient unit set that is more accurate than many out there now).

With any luck my brother can help me get my computer working again while saving the files. I am not good with computers at all, despite my abilities in graphic art for civilization, but my intention is to get everything finished once I can upload it. So I am sorry if anybody is waiting on me, I know it has been bad and I feel obligated to finish everything. Thanks for dealing with me.

dear mr. capo

in the end it's a bleepy - bleepy video game. look after yourself first and you can continue with your art when you are able to.

thank you for all the work you've done already.

I apologize for my constant "disappearances." They are not intentional, and are always due to my crappy life.

First I had a long bout of financial problems, resulting in moving a lot and my computer being stored away. Once I got it working I made my last return only for my time and efforts to once again become delayed due to court appearances (not for criminal charges, but for civil issues) and losing money. I just recently got everything back in order only to discover that my computer got a nasty virus and I can't get online with it. So I have to get that taken care of, I am currently on a friend's computer. I am really trying to get back into the game but I got to figure that one out first before doing so. I can still work on the LHs on my computer, it is just a matter of figuring out how to get them uploaded for everyone. I currently have really good WIPs on Lorenzo d'Medici, Merkurios, Arpad, and a few others I have promised. I also have a great deal of units finished that I need to upload (including a nice Egyptian ancient unit set that is more accurate than many out there now).

With any luck my brother can help me get my computer working again while saving the files. I am not good with computers at all, despite my abilities in graphic art for civilization, but my intention is to get everything finished once I can upload it. So I am sorry if anybody is waiting on me, I know it has been bad and I feel obligated to finish everything. Thanks for dealing with me.

I hope there is at least a good story in there somewhere

The important thing is that you cared enough to post here. Take care of what you need to. Your wellbeing comes before a hobby and our enjoyment of your great creations can wait.

Stay thirsty my friend.

The Capo, if you'd find the time to finish Árpád, I'd certainly return for another version of my mod. I have found a bug in the meantime anyways, but only your Árpád would convince me to return ;)

Capo, if there's one thing this whole experience should teach us all, it's the amount of patience we have for this mod :)

Well, the mod is "finished" basically, it is my stupid quest for perfection that has delayed it for over a year. I'll try to work something out soon. Thanks for your support.

EDIT: I can't believe I have been a member of this website for 13 years.

Well, the mod is "finished" basically, it is my stupid quest for perfection that has delayed it for over a year.

Dude, just send me a PM.

Well, it's been nearly 3 years. I would gladly prefer a 75% leader to no leader at all.

Top Bottom