The Capo's LH Gallery and Self-Help Thread!

damn. looking real good. you still want to learn how to attach scalps?

Thanks a lot Ekmek, a compliment from you means a lot (not that the others don't)!

I was going go try and get a few more under my belt (to get used to everything) before I moved on to adding scalps and more advanced stuff like that. I'll probably finish this one, and then maybe do Solomon and then when I'll redo Gustav Adolph and that's when I can learn to change scalps. Anyway I put Richelieu in the game, and I am going to have to reskin him a little because the back of him is really dark. Although I had an idea that I could make his entire background and set up dark, like he is scheming in the shadows, because he was quite a scheming bastard. But anyway here is a preview of what he looks like in game. I know it isn't finished, but I like to post these so people can follow along with what I am doing and maybe throw me some suggestions along the way. I attached a painting of him to for comparison...

Very good. The only problem is how the shoulder seems to move when he's doing the scheming animation. Unfortunately, that animation seems so perfect for him.

Very good. The only problem is how the shoulder seems to move when he's doing the scheming animation. Unfortunately, that animation seems so perfect for him.

Capo,

this means you are going to have to rig the sash to the some shoulder bones.

best way to do this is have the sash and the body joined as objects. then select the bone that the body is rigged to so it lights up. then go to uv faces mode and highlight the unlit sash polygons that lay on top of the ones already rigged to the bones. then assign them to the bone. it should move together after that.

Capo,

this means you are going to have to rig the sash to the some shoulder bones.

best way to do this is have the sash and the body joined as objects. then select the bone that the body is rigged to so it lights up. then go to uv faces mode and highlight the unlit sash polygons that lay on top of the ones already rigged to the bones. then assign them to the bone. it should move together after that.

Right on time Ekmek, I was going to ask you how to do this. But let me get a little clarification;

- Basically join the sash to the torso.

- Select the SHOULDER bone and see what is lit up, and then highlite the SASH POLYGONS that are above the shoulder and assign them to the SHOULDER BONE. Do the same for the other shoulder.

- Then what do I attach the reast of the sash to? The torso (or in this case spine)?

I suppose I have to go back and do this to the pharaoh as well.

EDIT: I tried following your instructions directly, but there were no "unlit" polygons when I selected the spine bone.

Could you do Cartimandua, Queen of the Brigantians please? She'd be an ancient British/Celtic Queen who lived around the same time as Boudicca. I'd like to have both of them in my version/mod of Civ IV - preferably with a head based on Catherine.

Could you do Cartimandua, Queen of the Brigantians please? She'd be an ancient British/Celtic Queen who lived around the same time as Boudicca. I'd like to have both of them in my version/mod of Civ IV - preferably with a head based on Catherine.

When I learn to make models, or add breasts to models, or "feminize" armor/bodies sure I'll work on it. But my skill level is extremely limited right now.

all excellent, I already plan to use your pharaoh for Amenhotep III whenever I make a new version (as adding a bunch of leaderhead graphics to a patch would make it a huge size), along with your Adolphus and Charles haha. Richelieu looks great! Hmm, usually I don't like to give more than 4 leaders to once civ (so I kinda force myself to spread the leaderheads around) and I think I already use 4 for France (well seeing as they get a default 3 in BTS anyway). Maybe I'll make an exception.

Right on time Ekmek, I was going to ask you how to do this. But let me get a little clarification;

- Basically join the sash to the torso.

- Select the SHOULDER bone and see what is lit up, and then highlite the SASH POLYGONS that are above the shoulder and assign them to the SHOULDER BONE. Do the same for the other shoulder.

- Then what do I attach the reast of the sash to? The torso (or in this case spine)?

yeah you got it.
EDIT: I tried following your instructions directly, but there were no "unlit" polygons when I selected the spine bone.

why are you looking at the spine? look at the bicep/upper arm, and shoulder/clavicle bones thats what's moving

why are you looking at the spine? look at the bicep/upper arm, and shoulder/clavicle bones thats what's moving

Because, apparently, I am an idiot. :crazyeye:

After I do this, I ONLY have to swap the sash correct? Or do I have to reswap the entire thing?

Hmm, alright my first attempt at it wasn't a complete success, but it was relatively good. There are still a few splotches coming through on the right shoulder. And on the left there is some large dark spot now. I don't know what that is from. But here is what it looks like so far. Any ideas on why that dark spot is showing up?

Alright folks, I did the best I could on getting his sash to move properly, and I got it pretty close to perfect (there are still a few minor errors in it) and he could use a good re-skinning in a couple of areas, but it isn't really bad. In case you were wondering I intentionally made it kind of dark so it looks like you are secretly dealing with him in a church late at night; the Cardinal was an extremely influential leader in France (considered by most to be Europe's first Prime Minister) and had his fingers in many pies. He was also influential in establishing Francophone (French basically) culture in the New World by working with Samuel de Champlain and despite his title as Cardinal forged alliances with many Protestant countries during the Thirty Years War. Anyway here is Cardinal Richelieu...

TO DOWNLOAD THE CARDINAL, CLICK HERE!

This is probably the last LH I am going to do until I finish up my Americas module pack for my mod. This module pack will include Mexico, Gran Colombia, Canada, Brazil, Argentina and Cuba, but will only work for my modpack (see my sig) so if you haven't downloaded it you should give it a try. Unlike most mods its pretty close to the normal game of BtS civilization. I used improved graphics (by Chuggi), added spy promotions (from superspies), added an inquisitor, seven new religions, two new civs, and 30+ new leaders. I have also made the first in what will be a series of module packs (it includes the Teutonic Order, Hungary, Phoenicia and Nubia), including themed modulepacks (like the Americas module pack). I am going to eventually upgrade it to include a few more leaders and expand it with nextwar and a few pre-made maps. So I'd appreciate it if you guys checked it out. My discussion thread link is in the download post, so please visit that as well and give me some ideas and suggestions.

Thanks, and enjoy destroying the French and Cardinal Richelieu.

Very nice, I'm going to use it in some fashion for my next version.

Alright folks, I did the best I could on getting his sash to move properly, and I got it pretty close to perfect (there are still a few minor errors in it) and he could use a good re-skinning in a couple of areas, but it isn't really bad. In case you were wondering I intentionally made it kind of dark so it looks like you are secretly dealing with him in a church late at night; the Cardinal was an extremely influential leader in France (considered by most to be Europe's first Prime Minister) and had his fingers in many pies. He was also influential in establishing Francophone (French basically) culture in the New World by working with Samuel de Champlain and despite his title as Cardinal forged alliances with many Protestant countries during the Thirty Years War. Anyway here is Cardinal Richelieu...

Thanks, and enjoy destroying the French and Cardinal Richelieu.

Very, very good work ! :goodjob:
Richelieu was the best Prime Minister of my country during the Renaissance. He was the needed minister after half a century of Religious Wars. His job was impressive: raising the army to a modern standard, improving the tax system, fighting (with success) both the Habsburg (of Spain) and the Calvinists (inside France), building the first modern fleet, sending explorators around the world (mostly in America and India).....
In one world, he prepared the reign of the son of his King (the future Louis XIV the Great). As a reward from the King Louis XIII, he received the title of Duke and the right to create from scratch a new city which is named..... Richelieu. This city still exist and is a model of Renaissance architecture.

Today, he is still considered as one the greatest Prime Minister we had had. That's why there is often a Capital Ship (of the French navy) who beared his name. A second 60.000 tons CV will be built in the next year. She will be "Richelieu".

Thanks again. :goodjob:

Thanks I'm glad you like it, I was hoping people would put it to use but I suspect not many will actually use him in their games. He'll be in the next version of my mod though.

He kinda scares me...

As he should! He was probably an extremely intelligent person. I don't know what stats/civis/personality/etc. to give him, but that isn't what I'm doing here, just making LHs to let people establish their own ideas. BTW I decided to work on Solomon, then I HAVE to take off for a month or two to finish up the modules I was working on for my mod. If I had to give him anything I'd probably go with Augustus' personality, hereditary rule as a favorite civic (only because he paved the way for Louis XIV), and Creative/Philosophical/Spiritual as possible combinations of traits. But that's just me. Possibly Organized, but that is an easy one to give to any leader really.

Well, I was going to try and throw Solomon out there real quick (because I remember when MethylOrange put out Poseidon, I was really impressed and agreed with the rest of the crew that he could be turned into a good Solomon) and it seems that, as usual, I have hit another roadblock. Basically I am going to have to go back and start Solomon over from scratch. Its alright though, I don't mind making him because it should be relatively easy, but I don't know that I am going to have a whole hell of a lot of time to finish him up. I will do it though, and this is generally what he will look like.

So basically what I am asking is that people give me some suggestions on what I could do to make him look better (he is on the right, and that's basically what I was thinking of doing), so if you have any suggestions for me as to what you think he should look like let me know. This is a work in progress...

Top Bottom