The Capo's LH Gallery and Self-Help Thread!

How 'bout replacing Agueybana's turtle with a Star of David? Unhistorical, but it would look cool.

It might be hard for a medallion to show over that robe, but it could look cool. Also, while I rather like the headband that came with the model (it looks more Israeli to me), the hat from Ekmek's David might do nicely here (recolored to match the robes).

I would like to respectfully disagree with Madman above. If possible, I would request that there not be any Stars of David on Solomon. My reasoning is that because there are multiple other religions in Civ, Solomon more often than not ends up with a religion other than Judaism.

It's your call, Capo, and if you decide to go with the Star of David, maybe someone else can reskin him without it. Regardless, I am looking forward to the finished Solomon. I have a very basic Charlemagne reskin for him now.

Cheers,
ripple01

Well, Vrenir, why don't we remove the crescent from Saladin's hat, then?

Well, I was going to try and throw Solomon out there real quick (because I remember when MethylOrange put out Poseidon, I was really impressed and agreed with the rest of the crew that he could be turned into a good Solomon) and it seems that, as usual, I have hit another roadblock. Basically I am going to have to go back and start Solomon over from scratch. Its alright though, I don't mind making him because it should be relatively easy, but I don't know that I am going to have a whole hell of a lot of time to finish him up. I will do it though, and this is generally what he will look like.

So basically what I am asking is that people give me some suggestions on what I could do to make him look better (he is on the right, and that's basically what I was thinking of doing), so if you have any suggestions for me as to what you think he should look like let me know. This is a work in progress...

based on the picture it looks like you forgot to assign something to a bone.

How 'bout replacing Agueybana's turtle with a Star of David? Unhistorical, but it would look cool.

He shouldn't wear it as a necklace, if anything it would be more 'accurate' to add it on a ring and to use the Seal of Solomon form as opposed to the traditional Star of David form.

I don't know, I think a necklace with the star of david hanging off it would look gaudy.

I would like to respectfully disagree with Madman above. If possible, I would request that there not be any Stars of David on Solomon. My reasoning is that because there are multiple other religions in Civ, Solomon more often than not ends up with a religion other than Judaism.

It's your call, Capo, and if you decide to go with the Star of David, maybe someone else can reskin him without it. Regardless, I am looking forward to the finished Solomon. I have a very basic Charlemagne reskin for him now.

Cheers,
ripple01

I don't think it's a big deal that one appears on the leaderhead persay - as there are currently custom leaderheads that use crosses, etc, and even Charlemagne has a cross on his crown. Also, the star of David though primarily a Jewish symbol is still used and part of the other related religions of Christianity and Islam.

The medallion in the screen shot I posted is not a turtle, I did change it to a generic jewish medallion. As far as the hair/crown goes; I can't just do anything here. The band on his head is attached to his scalp and is used (by MethylOrange in this case) to mask that he attached different hair to the bottom portion of his head. So there are only certain things I can do with this guy and I'd rather use MO's model because I don't really want to go through all the trouble of thinking up a new leaderhead and starting from scratch (mainly because I have to work on my mod). So I think I'm either going to make him crownless, or use a crown similar to gilgamesh's.

I really have to upgrade my mod at this point, but like I said I will finish Solomon.

Alright I got the model to work but for whatever reason I can't get rid of the blue light that seems to be shining on him. I might have to attempt the nifswap no the regular Arawak LH rather than Methyl Orange's Poseidon. But here is a picture so far. I am aware of the hair color difference, the medallion looking strange, and the shoulder issue. But mainly I wanted to get feedback on the crown situation. I might have to change that up and I just wanted to know if you guys thought it looked alright like that, or if you thought it looked stupid.

@sniperrabbit; that picture looks like an ethiopian rendition of Solomon (judging by the spelling; sAlomon as well as the portrayal of Jesus carrying the cross) so the crown is more ethiopian than ancient israeli. In fact the ancient israelis kings would probably have worn similar clothes to the other tribes who lived in canaan.

Even though I should really replace the Solomon in my mod, I'm going to use him as an Elamite king. He looks great.

check the materials or the specular color line in nifskope

I don't see what to change though. I changed everything to white and it still shows up with this blue light on it. Here are a couple of images. In the specular line, I think the second image down there, I don't even see a place to fix the color. Maybe I just don't know what to do here, could you elaborate?

Oh yeah, I knew all of that and I changed them all to 1 (white) and the blue light still comes up. Hmmm, and I tried to switch it over to the original Arawak LH and for some reason it doesn't work. Very strange, I'm sure its something stupid that I'm overlooking here. I'll get it figured out.

I can't figure this out at all. I even turned everything to black and then looked at the LH in the game and it looks exactly the same (yes I checked the file and everything), I managed to get the crown to show up without the blue light but that was it. I have no idea what the hell MethylOrange did to make it look like that. But it isn't the art file (I checked, there isn't a blue light drawn on to the object) because it doesn't show up blue, and also I added the clothing to it and that is glowing blue too (except the sash). I even checked the background just in case, and nothing there either. I don't know why I always have something wrong with my leaderheads, every damn time there's SOMETHING that comes up.

In hopes that someone can figure this out I've posted the file as is (I haven't fixed the shoulder situation or anything like that, so I wouldn't call it useable), so maybe somebody out there can take a look and see if they can figure it out. Good luck.

I don't know why I always have something wrong with my leaderheads, every damn time there's SOMETHING that comes up.

Dude, its not you. I run into problems all the time. I often just screw around with nifskope and blender until I figure it out - or in some cases I don't and let the errors show as v1. :eek:

I think you should make him whiter.

Top Bottom