1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Capo's Units Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Unit Graphics' started by The Capo, Oct 9, 2009.

1. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

THE CAPO'S UNITS

As I have been working on my mod and making units I decided I might as well post them, then I decided I might as well make a thread so they are easier to locate. So here it is, and here they are...

Ancient Iberian Units (Spain)

Spoiler :

Ancient Lusitani Celtiberian Units (Portugal)

Spoiler :

Medieval Spanish Units

Spoiler :

Israelite Sickelswordsman/Maccabee

Spoiler :

American Industrial Units

Spoiler :

Dutch Industrial Units

Spoiler :

Khmer Industrial Units

Spoiler :

Swedish Industrial Units

Spoiler :

Korean Industrial Units

Spoiler :

Indian Modern Units

Spoiler :

Turkish Explorer Piri Reis

Spoiler :

Industrial-era Turks

Spoiler :

Ancient Phoenicians

Spoiler :

2. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

I should have noted that not EVERY unit in the screenshots I made myself. There are a couple that I just included to make it easier on the downloader (the Dutch Cuirassier is an example of this) to get a whole set without having to hunt down other units. All credits for units like this are in the respective download pages.

3. ambrox62

ambrox62 Chieftain

Well done :goodjob:
    Having a single entry point to see and download units is far better.
    Furthermore, because you are one of the most active modder around here, I will expect valuable updates on this thread ;)

4. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

I really wonder, why you hesitated to release them.
    They look all nice :).
    My favourites are the ancient iberians, but i guess, that's nearly normal, that the "older" units are more appreciated, because of the shiny armor, the difference in the units, etc., etc.

5. avain

avain (key)

Hey, The Capo, I really like your units!

One minor complaint, thou. There's a lot of wasteful textures added that are not even used. Care to weed 'em out?

6. achilleszero

achilleszero Chieftain

Must be the ones I didnt help out on;).

7. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

Do I care to weed them out? No, I don't care to weed them out.

Will I weed them out? Eventually. :goodjob:

8. avain

avain (key)

Jeez, man, don't be sloppy ;)

9. achilleszero

achilleszero Chieftain

It is a lot of work.

Avain let me know which ones you are adding from this group. A lot of them I am using so you know the crunching file size has already been done for them. At the very least if Im only using some of a particular set, I can finish optimizing that set. If Capo lets me see the other 2 of the portuguese set that i havent fiddled with yet, I can go ahead and do those so they are available to the main DL.

10. avain

avain (key)

Great!
    I'm using the Korean set, the Swedish set probably (although the units in this are too similar for my taste), the Spanish Knight, Maceman, Pikeman, and the ancient set.
    I'm already using the Holland units.

11. achilleszero

achilleszero Chieftain

Alright, I have most of those done already. didnt even know about the Swedish set, but they dont look too complicated to do anyways.

12. avain

avain (key)

Actually I did retouch those:

Attached Files:

13. Androrc the Orc

Androrc the Orc Chieftain

Capo, could you indicate which units are supposed to represent what in the screenshots? There are some ships I don't know what they are.

14. Healz

Healz General

Any chance of working on a Unique Modern Unit Set for major Civs such as the British, American, China and Russia? Some of these could then be used for other civs as well. I think those are some of the main influences in the world today...

15. mamba

mamba Chieftain

Nice. Good idea to put them all into one thread :)

I will certainly make use of some of them (already did for the separate downloads) and am looking forward to seeing more :D

16. achilleszero

achilleszero Chieftain

Avain and Mamba, here are the optimized industrial Swedish and Korean and both sets of Spanish.
    View attachment Optimized Capo units V1.zip
    File size got cut in half for swedish and koreans. Not so much for spanish, as I already had gotten ahold of them before they went into DB.

17. avain

avain (key)

Excellent, thanks!
    BTW, actually I'm using the Portugese, too...

18. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

I'll get all of these updated for you guys. Actually I have other Swedish units too that I can post. I don't really intend on "becoming" a unit maker, but I basically made them because I need them. I'll get these fixed up soon though, and thanks again to achilleszero, a lot of this couldn't have been done without him, and mechaerik for that matter.

I'll let you all know when I fix them up, and there are plenty of units on the way too. AZ if you wouldn't mind leaving those attachments up for a couple of days before taking them down that would be awesome.

19. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

I'll have the Indian and Portuguese units up soon, but right now I'm working on some Industrial-era Turkish units. Here's an image of the Rifleman so far (I took the one floating around out there and reskinned it, the others will be a bit more involved).

EDIT: it isn't exactly the same as the picture, but I didn't know what that white thing on his chest was so I didn't want to put it on, plus when I made the straps black it looked strange so I made them brown. But other than those two differences I think its pretty close.

20. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

This is for achilleszero, or if anyone else wants to help out that's fine too. I'm trying to get a certain look for the Grenadier, basically give him baggier pants and without a backpack. So here are the files and an image of what I want done. Basically I want the head and body on the Swedish Grenadier that I made replaced with the files in the "UseThisBody" folder. I have posted an image which I believe should make it pretty obvious what I want to happen. Anyway thanks in advance AZ.