The case of the disappearing worker

Mega Tsunami

Emperor
BETA 1.12 (started in Beta 1.12 too)
Conquests Middle Ages

In the attached game a worker disappears.

I tried to ‘J’ a small group of 3 units - 1 spearman and two workers - and after their one-space move, one of the workers was no longer there.

The game will start on two workers NE of Sardica – ignore these (ie press ‘w’)
It then moves onto a spearman West of Naissus. Right click and you will see 1 spearman and two workers. Use the J key to send the three one space south and hey-presto, one of the workers is gone.

I should tell you that the two workers were the subject of a ‘J’ move of their own from the north and were still in the process of this move. I had sent the spearman north manually to intercept.
(I think the bug must be something to do with a new ‘J’ move taking over from another).

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/Theo1158.SAV

I experienced this situation in the Mesoamerica scenario. Same situation with the "J" key. The duration of the combined move was about 2 turns. These units appeared at the final destination 3-4 turns later.

Could this instance of "missing time" be more proof of alien abductions?

Does anything happen to these bug reports? Or is this a well known bug? I did look through the (rather long) list and could not see it.

Has any of the ‘powers that be’ at CFC/Firaxis confirmed that when they play my save game that the same thing happens?

Top Bottom