The CDG1

Cyc

Looking for the door...
Welcome to my first Hosted PBEM. This game was originally designed for play in another venue, but has been shanghai'd here. It has nothing to do with the Charles de Gaulle Airport or the Jaeken Syndrome (although the 6 Tribes have mutated somewhat). This .biq was supposed to kick off/test a Civ Democracy Game Website. The name was appropriate then, and it stuck. It's a very basic game with a few twists and turns. Good luck to all, I hope you enjoy it.

The player order was originally supposed to match the above graphic, but instead of asking everyone for their password, I decided to go first. Everyone else just shifted position with me. The players should be fairly familiar with the rules, but I'll try to post everything here for easy reference.

PLAYER ORDER ~

Cyc --------------- MAYA
Calis -------------- CELTS
Hawlord ----------- SUMERIA
Blaze Injun -------- PERSIA
Eclipse4449---------OTTOMAN
Lanzelot replaces Eclipse
TomBxx ------------CHINA

The Victory Conditions are the default 5 - Domination, Conquest, Spaceship, Culture, and Diplomacy. It's a custom Map, perserve random seed, and Cultural Conversions are allowed. Culture VPs are the standard 20,000/100,000, as are the Domination limits of 66%/66%. Everyone's Golden Age will be 25 turns rather than just 20. We will start with a Settler and a Worker, there's no Plague, and I'm pretty sure I took Volcanoes out also. And the game was set at Monarch, let's hope it stays that way. I will edit this post with a link to the original website, if you need to verify any of the info.

The main kicker of the game is that each Tribe gets an extra Trait, and along with that Trait comes an approriate Technological Advance. They are listed below. These Traits/Techs are not reflected in the Civilopedia, so you might want to write them down:

Maya ---- Agri, Ind, Mil ---> Pottery, Masonry, The Wheel
Celts ---- Agri, Rel, Mil ---> Pottery, Cerimonial Burial, Warrior Code
Sumeria - Agri, Sci, Com --> Pottery, Bronze Working, Alphabet
Persia --- Sci, Ind, Mil ----> Bronze Working, Masonry, The Wheel
Ottoman - Sci, Ind, Com --> Bronze Working, Masonry, Alphabet
China ---- Ind, Mil, Rel ---> Masonry, Warrior Code, Cerimonial Burial

The game has been started and sent to Calis already. Again, good luck to all.

The link to - The Civilization Democracy Game Website.

Attachments

• CDG Banner 4.gif
    CDG Banner 4.gif
    140 KB · Views: 764
I'm sorry, Blaze. No one got a notice. I spent all my free time yesterday getting setup to get back online. Then I needed to catch up with everything NET-wise, including my PBEMs. Then I had to finish putting this game together and post it, gps it. By the time I was done, it was like 2 am, and as I was finishing up, I saw you here online. Then I fell right to sleep in front of my computer. But I'll tell you what. Because of your vigilance, I'll let you in on a secret....

Do not trespass through the Elephant Graveyard. It is said that many an expedition has entered, but none have left the Hunting Grounds of the mighty beast.

Hey Blaze, quit milkin' the game. ;)

I believe the Elephant's Graveyard was the topic...

Attachments

• afican%20elephant.jpg
    afican%20elephant.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 600
Hey,

GPS to Ecplise. (Sadly another one.)

The city of Exotic Persa is established on the banks of a wide
river, surrounded by lush fields, tall forests & herds of cattle.
The local hills horde a vast wealth in wonderful GOLD.

And for my troubles I'll be flagged by the Government as a visitor
to a Iranian ran site on Cities of ancient Persia, which was a front
for the Modern cities of Iran. Screwya Google!!!! :mad:

Can't wait to get off this 1st page & its oversizedness. :p

I got nothing for the Elephants Graveyard. All searches lead to
a disney flick. One that I have & will never see. Lordy I hope
you weren't quoting that flim.
Not even a Tarzan & the Elephants Graveyard book. I thought
for sure there was a book by that title but no.

Blaze Injun

Edgar Rice Burroughs ~ He wrote plenty about Tarzan. The Elephant Graveyard was a recurring subplot in many of the 1930's movies. I couldn't find any good pics of the Secret Place, but Jane looked really good.

Attachments

• 5307_elephant_graveyard_01.jpg
    5307_elephant_graveyard_01.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 257
  • elephant_graveyard_k.jpg
    elephant_graveyard_k.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 241
  • tamb46h2.jpg
    tamb46h2.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 234
Hey,

@Cyc How come you don't have a photo host?

Blaze Injun
:dunno: Dunno. Just never hae done that. I suppose I should. As you probably know the attached pics didn't used to show up at the bottom of the post. I can't stand this new way. I suppose I'm protesting. ;)

Cyc sits comfortably on his mighty throne, watching a Worker build a road to the Cattle herd. His thoughts of how the Sun God is smiling down upon him with these warm Spring days is rudely interrupted by his Brother-in-Law. This also happens to be the Military Advisor to the King. ;)

He kneels and states, "Cyc, my King, I have bad news, and then I have really bad news." Cyc gets up, clasping his hands together and walks to the edge of the Throne Room. There, at the huge doorway, he stares down the steep steps to his Kingdom.

"Well, tell me the bad news first", he says with a slight smirk.

"There are Barbarian Tribes near Maya PBEM!" says the Advisor with a troubled look. What he really meant was that he hadn't gotten around to building any kind of a Militarty yet, but he was trying to act professional. He had spent all his time working on some calendar based on the night sky.

Cyc replied, "Get to work on that right away, would you." Both men knew that was not a question. Cyc followed with, "So. Tell me the really bad news...."

His Brother-in-Law started to shake slightly. "The world is going to end in about 6000 years."

Cyc took a deep breath, turned and cleared his throat. "Do you think this Civilization is a game? I've seen you obsessing on your project, not eating, sleeping or bathing. Saying things like 'Just one more moon, just one more moon.' Who cares if the world is going to end in 6000 years."

"But it is true, my King. It will be late in the year 2012!" came the feable reply.

Cyc just rolled his eyes and smiled. "Stop playing with your strategic calculations and build me a Military that will help us stand the test of time."

And we all know how that worked out...

gps to Calis.

Gps to TomBxx

Umm, yes it is 002 and it is 3950bc

Wow very good stuff going on here!!!

As the Turk worker completes the roughed road to the river the youngest of the tribe's peasants arrive with a small jug and hands it to him. He looks into the jug and speaks in a soft voice, "was it a long walk here my son?" No, it is not far but the sun takes all but a drop of the water I brought you father. It is alright my son, here fill it again from here and we will take it home. "Soon I will build another road and we will fill this jug with gold". We can't drink gold father. "No but we can buy wine".

Osman and Manzana emerge from the sultan's tent both shading their eyes, as the worker and the boy arrive the worker hands the boy his fief to give to the Sultans and thus a tradition begins.

This Gold is pure Osman states, and it will set the standard for all the lands Manzana added.

Are you sure it's not because of your loincloth? :)

gps to Calis.

Wow. A complete cycle within a day's time. Nice.

Top Bottom