1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The CFC Cricket Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Ozbenno, Nov 6, 2011.

1. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Only 8 deliveries were going to hit the wickets.

2. classical_hero

Looks like we are in a time warp. Playing shot to deliveries that have given wickets, so why are we still playing those shots?

3. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

David Warner is not a smart man. Smarsh ain't the brightest either.

4. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

It's a shame to see Clarke go, but perhaps it's better than a slow descent like Ponting's. Luckily, the next few months sees 8 tests against Bangladesh, New Zealand & West Indies, which is the best opportunity there'll ever be to blood a new team. I hope Shaun Marsh is not part of it. I fail to understand how he is allowed within 100km of the team.

5. classical_hero

6. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

Strange series. I don't really understand how Joe Root was man of the series - surely should've gone to Broad. Root was just as inconsistent as Smith, except Smith scored more runs.

Voges probably did enough to keep his place, which will probably mean only two changes for the Bangladesh series (plus a spinner). I'm afraid the selectors are just going to say Marsh is the next cab off the rank and should go in to open like he did in the West Indies. Then I guess Khawaja will probably get Clarke's spot.

7. classical_hero

Yeah i was surprised Broad didn't get player of the series. This was a series where the batsmen really struggled.