[BTS] The China loving series: Part II - Tschinn Tschinn (IMM) - unmodded

Tobiyogi

King
Welcome to China once more, after the very rough first part (with too much and very poor land), I hope this time it gets better (at least we have an oasis to start with).
Usually I would consider Qin Shi the worse of the two Chinese leaders, because on higher levels, EXP seems to be more valuable than IND. But you never know...

Here you are free to create your own custom game. The WB save is completely unmodded/uncooked, the only fixed setting are NHNE. Everything else like game speed, difficulty, trade settings, barb behaviour, agressive AI's etc. is up to you. Personally, I will play with the "Better AI BAT Mod", immortal, epic game speed and no tech brokering.

The starting position:
Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

This is a Lakes map with high sea level but I still added an 8th civilization. The Barbs have archery so we should see some barb towns popping up that can withstand for a while. The random generator created "Rocky climate", but our capitol looks good foodwise.

No challenges this time. If a CKN rush becomes possible, I am the first to commit to it but I do not want to play another game with that concept in my head.

Good luck, have fun!

Attachments

• Tschinn 4000 BC.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    170 KB · Views: 57
What kind of interaction would you like to have in these threads, first one didn't see many posts. Started playing the map on monarch because I still have forgotten pretty much everything I ever knew. Normal Speed, NHNE.

Spoiler T1 :
Warrior 1 NE discovered rice, went 1W with settler city on T1 mostly for the river access

Spoiler T18 :
Already met four other civs, seems to be crammed, no idea where to put my second city

Last edited:
What kind of interaction would you like to have in these threads, first one didn't see many posts. Started playing the map on monarch because I still have forgotten pretty much everything I ever knew. Normal Speed, NHNE.

You are welcome to share. I haven't named it shadow game because I cannot guarantee constant feedback.

Spoiler :
You have settled in the best spot imo. Second city will probably go towards the stone, it can also share cottages later. I would prefer BW/Myst/ Masonry over Wheel/Pottery because a single chop into an early wonder will generate more gold than early cottages.

Spoiler :
Happy to have IND lol, look at all those barbs circling already (moved to deity, but AIs still had only 1 settler).
I think TGW saves me from a huge headache game here.

Attachments

• gw.jpg
    gw.jpg
    492.1 KB · Views: 456
  • Tschinn Tschinn BC-2560.CivBeyondSwordSave
    67 KB · Views: 174
Oh yeah, I just realize that because the initial save was created on immortal, no matter what difficulty you play, the barbs and other civs will have the techs and units according to Immortal level (so on monarch/emp, it will be a bit tougher and on deity a bit easier).

You also need to add the basic techs for the barbs. Hence why Mylene can only see barb warriors here. Which also mean barb cities will spawn with warriors too. Making easy targets for the AI.

I think the AI are 1 archer short on deity. Techs look right.

I guess you can play this one for fun Mylene.

Last edited:
It's true, don't really understand because barbs have the right techs when I launch a new game and that seems to get lost while transforming that game into a WB save. Isn't that the same problem with all the NC saves?

I think add the usual post from the NC Club about adding back techs. Not sure how you created game. You may want to look at guides at how to do this.

No, I'm fine. Since my last NC game, I guess that I know how to create the different WB saves for each level. I simply didn't put the same effort into that game, because I didn't expect high participation on different difficulties this time.
What reminds me of... the next cycle of NC games that would be very welcome imo.

On the other hand, I remember there was a guy on that forum who managed to offer WB saves where barbs already had the right techs according to the chosen difficulty. It was quite unique because the usual NC savegames require from the player to do that on his own.

Top Bottom