1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Chinese Unique Power

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Logoncal

Logoncal Prince

If you played atleast once as HRE, you would see why their Tech Pace is 100 not 80

h0spitall3rz likes this.
  2. Orbii

Orbii Warlord

If you're implying that it's because the HRE are strong, then I don't think that's quite right. The tech modifiers tend to be lower for civs who are meant to play into the late game and are recognized as great powers today. That's why the Byzantines have like a 140, and the Ottomans a more typical 80ish. Likewise, Prussia has a lower modifier because it both spawns later and is meant to be the representative of modern Germany's status as a great power. HRE doesnt have as harsh a modifier as the Byzantines since they are meant to model Austria after Prussia spawns and not just disappear.

3. h0spitall3rz

h0spitall3rz Grand Vizier of Your Mind

HRE also tends to snowball before the German spawn, especially if they conquer Italian cities. The increased modifier, IMO, helps prevent that.

The Ottomans have a modifier of 100, I think. At least that. They're not supposed to be at par technologically with Western Europe, so given that their historical territory is large enough, their research modifier has to be nerfed.

EDIT: By snowball, I mean technologically, as in Protestantism founded in the 1300s

4. Logoncal

Logoncal Prince

Buddy, play a game where you take Poland, Italy and the Balkans. You will see what i mean

h0spitall3rz likes this.
  5. Orbii

Orbii Warlord

I have done exactly that. This is not something that is unique to the HRE; any European Civ, with access to half of Europe, will produce strong results technologically. Do the same with France and you'll notice even better results.

6. Logoncal

Logoncal Prince

Yeah but France doesn't have the same starting situation and half of it's core sucks in Production.

HRE on the other hand....

7. LikeNothing

LikeNothing Chieftain