The Cinemod

wuhjah

Prince

Lights! Camera!! Action!!!

Grab your seats folks, the show is about to begin.

Welcome to the Cinemod!

Begin your quest to build the movie studio that will stand the test of time.

Like movies?
Do you like big explosions, shootouts and action? It's all in the Cinemod.
Spoiler :

Or maybe you like drama, suspense and betrayal? Yep, got that too.
Spoiler :

Prefer comedy, horror, or sci-fi? Come play the Cinemod and enjoy all these wonderful moments wrapped up into one zany challenge.
(About the only thing you can't get in the Cinemod is an accurate history lesson.)

You will be treated to a who's who list of some of the wildest units the creators here at Civfanatics have ever produced, all "new" techs, and many new wonders.

Game files can be found on page 6, post 116.

Enjoy the Show.

What's new in Cinemod 2.0?

Well, of course, small changes were in order and many made. Hopefully, for the better. Resources overall have been toned down a little from the original. And, some starting territories will now not have all the strategic resources.

A few staffing changes (units) were made as well.

Movie sets (cities) are by Kyriakos.

The public spoke and Wuhjah listened. You now have arrows on your tech trees.

And without further ado,

Cinemod 2.0 has made your dreams a reality.

Presenting:
The Silent Era (Executive Producer - Jorsalfare)

and

Black and Whites (Executive Producer - Supa)

Without everything listed in this credits text, there wouldn't be a Cinemod. So, thanks to all the people who created the things that went into the making of this mod. All credit goes to them, I just compiled some really good stuff together. (That means if the mod is bad, then I'm a bad compiler. Their stuff is still great.)
I apologize in advance in case I missed something or made a mistake. With your help, I can correct present mistakes.

There are two areas which also deserve credit, though not physically in the mod. Civfanatics is truly a wealth of information and I studied it as much as I could while putting this mod together. Thanks and much credit goes to all those who wrote tutorials, offered explanations and answered questions. Without you erudite fanatics of Civ III, I would have been lost at step one. In addition here, thanks to all the people who answered my questions or gave suggestions.

The other area is all the other great mods that have been made before me. I've played nearly every one I could find, though I've found there are a few more for me to try and I need to play them all more. You mod creators are a real inspiration and it is certain that you will see ideas or concepts from your mods in mine. I sincerely hope you take it as a compliment.

Here is a list of all the contributors to this mod.
I sincerely apologize in advance if I have overlooked someone. If that was you, please let me know, and I will make the corrections as needed.

For a detailed listing of credits including creator and creation, please see Full credits.

Thanks to these guys who did most of the hard work:

Firaxis, Steph, Moeniir, Cyber Dreyk, Gramphos, Dr Alimentado, George Stow, Snoopy, Ares de Borg,
Pounder, Kingpin, Kyriakos, Ogedei_the_Mad, RedAlert, Wyrmshadow, Darque, Tom2050, BeBro, Navydawg, aaglo, Kinboat, Vuldacon, Supa, La_Dav (with Marine Corps), Plotinus, ruby_sauce, Kindred72, Hikaro Takayama, Smoking mirror, Gary Childress, TheMorpheus, tpasmall, utahjazz7, Pesoloco, Flamand, Orthanc, embryodead, CivArmy s. 1994, Riptide, Balou, Pleb, greyghost, David Pigou, Dom Pedro II, Heretic_Cata, GEChallenger, Vingrjoe, Dragon King, General 666, Bonedoc, muffins, Chris85, CivGeneral, Plastic Bag, Roman Legion, Gil-galaad, imperator1961, Mzm, Kal-el, MazterJo, Eclipse, MoscaTnT, sween32, Civinator, Anthony Boscia, Yaniv

2.0 Credits:
Supa, Jorsalfare, Blue Monkey

Full Credits:
Spoiler :
Full Credits Begin:

2.0 Credits.
Special Credits and thanks to Supa, Jorsalfare, and Blue Monkey of CFC for their ideas and
suggestions which make up core of the 2.0 update.

Game:
Firaxis

Tools:
Civ Editor
Steph Editor by Steph
Flicster by Moeniir
Flc Editor by Cyber Dreyk
CIV 3 Multitool by Gramphos
Map tweaker tool by Dr Alimentado

Title Screen:
Modified From George Stow

Interface:
George Stow

Modified Advisor buttons (Stow - Civinator CCM)
Terrain Chooser (originally from CCM - Civinator)

Terrain/Graphics:

Terrain
Ares de Borg

Pounder
Railroads, Roads, Airfields, Global warming
Pounder
SAM animation for Mobile SAM and WLKD Fireworks

Resources
Firaxis, George Stow, TBX-R

City Graphics

All city graphics used courtesy of Kyriakos.
Mod includes:
Ancient Chinese, Halfling, Realistic Plus series: Medieval Siamese, Elven
Warhammer Fantasy Empire, Medieval French, Medieval Tibetan, Ancient Indian
Ancient Persian, Medieval Almohad, Medieval Tibetan, Ancient Khmer

Buildings/Improvements/Wonders/Spashes:

Rufus T. Firefly
Hollywood wonder splash
Ukas
Broadcasting company
Film studios
Film pcx used for Civolopedia icons

From TBX-R (Kingpin? et al.)
Mill, Monastery, Whaling station, Ninja Guild, Assassins Guild
Hippodrome, Global Exchange, Dino park, Brewery, City hall, Fishery
Royal Academy, Gem cutter (perhaps a few I missed - most base buildings before additions came from TBX-R.)

All Units:

Firaxis units
Leader
Army
King
King American
Mobile_SAM
Radar_Artillery
ICBM
Ninja
Transport

Wyrmshadow
Candid (Airliner)
Bombard
Martian_army
Projectile_launcher
Tempest
Berkut
Caproni_Ca.42
Modern_Settler
Engineering Company Small pcx used for Civolopedia worker actions icon
FireFox
Su37
Fullback
Landsverk L60
Long Beach Class Sounds by Ares de Borg
Muromets
Nautilus (Disney)
PMC Sounds by Ares de Borg
Seawolf
Mig Scat
Sopwith Camel
A6m Zero
Steampunk_Rhomboid
Zara Class Cruiser

Darque Tom2050
Air_Elemental

Tom2050
ArchAngel
Shadow Thief
Black Dragon
Brass Abe Lincoln
Crocodile *sorry for butchering
Daemon Prince
Harlot
Mechanical Steam Spider
Poison Plant
Preying Mantis
Prophet
Sailor
Sandworm (I also added the attack flc to Wyrmshadow's Martian unit.)
Sandworm Recolored
Satellite
Titans Gladius
Titans Thunder

BeBro
Plasma_Artillery
F14_Tomcat
F14 Recolored By Ares de borg
A10 Thunderbolt
F4Phantom
Apache Longbow
Burgundian Knight
French Knight
English Knight (others in Bebros's knight pack for unit era update)
Trojan_Chariot
Mycenean_Chariot
UH-1 Huey Recolored by Ares de borg

Navydawg
Missle turret
Scientist
X-Wing_Fighter
Police_Cruiser
Cop
Highway_Patrol
Cruise Missile
Santa
Sheriff
Spec_Ops
US Marine

aaglo
Black_Pearl
Boulder Bomb
ChainSawManiac
Da_Vinci_Tank
Eerie ghost (attack flc in stephen hawking unit)
Djinn (attack flc in stephen hawking unit)
Bone_Giant
Sea_Monster
Skeleton Archer
Skullchucker
TombSwarm

Kinboat
Marc Angstadt
Giant_Squid
Jump_Carrier
Monster_Spider
The_Terror
Nasty_Horror
Panda_Stone_Thrower
Panda_Warrior
Praying Mantis
Robin Hood
Spiff
UFO

Vuldacon
Barracuda
Stone_Coffin
Coffin (Black coffin with mortician fidget)
Crawling_Brain
Husky
King_Cobra
M1 Mech
Super Coupe
The Drunk
Batman signal light

Supa
Apatosaurus
Lambeosaurus
Frankenstein
Gyorg
Great_White_Shark
Megalodon
Godzilla
King_Kong
Ultra man

La_Dav (Uploaded by MarineCorps)
DeathScythe
Freedom
gundam
MSV-006_HENIE_ZAKU
X-05T
ZGMF_X16A

Plotinus
Chain Gang Worker
Cthulhu
Necromancer
Scoundrel
Spunky_Kid
Steampunk_Commando
Prospector

ruby_sauce
Bicycle_Soldier
Boomerang Soldier
Deku
King Slime (I didn't use it, but wanted to. Such a great unit. I did put the sounds in
Wyrmshadow's Martian unit.)
Soccer_Player

Kindred72
Wizard
Scottish_Warrior
Skeleton_Warrior
Spy
TombRaider (Lara Croft)

Hikaro Takayama
Female Samurai
Girl_Samurai
Girl_Trooper
Jack_Sparrow

Smoking mirror
Martian Settler
Mars ROV worker
Shock trooper
Utillity Vehicle

Gary Childress
US Vietnam Paratrooper
US Vietnam Infantry
Viet Cong

TheMorpheus
KlingonNeghvar
AT-AT
T-800

tpasmall
Battle_Droid
Stormtrooper
Speeder_Bike

Pesoloco
Balloon Unit
Land Mine
Engineer

utahjazz7
KoolAid_Man
Snowman

Ares de borg - Riptide
Leopard 2GR
Leopard 2A5DK

Flamand
Ambassador
Constitution

Orthanc
Ship of the Line
Yellow Submarine

embryodead
Ghost_Ship
Lowland_Giant

CivArmy s. 1994
Car_Bomb
Alien

Riptide
AH1W Super Cobra
AMX30

Balou
Armored_Shock_Infantry

Pleb
Death_Star

greyghost
Ghost_Rider

David Pigou
Bodyguard

Dom Pedro II
Stephen Hawking

georgestow
hippie

Heretic_Cata
Holy Hand Grenade

GEChallenger
Tornado (storm)

Vingrjoe
Iowa Class Battleship_Modern

Dragon King
Kiev Class Carrier

General 666
"Killer Hornet Swarm" (Original: "Killer Hornet" by Vuldacon)

Bonedoc
A-10 Thunderbolt

muffins
Fallout Trooper

Chris85
TIE_Fighter

CivGeneral
polaris missle

Plastic Bag
R2 (Eve)

Roman Legion - Wyrmshadow
Guided Missile Battleship

Gil-galaad
Various sounds

imperator1961
Muslim Moors Heavy Crossbow

Mzm
Mummy

Kal-el
SAS

MazterJo
Satellite

Eclipse
Shadow Warrior

MoscaTnT
Romero's Zombie

sween32
Viet Cong

Aluminum
Sheep (sounds from Vuldacon)

Yaniv
Centaur

Taken from balancer reloaded TBX-R-
original creators (Kingpin?) unknown. I would be happy to correct this and give proper credit if
anyone would like to claim them or knows the original creator(S).

105mm artillery
150mm artillery
Assassin
SR-71

Credit to Patch61 for inspiration from his/her map Dominatrix.
The same for other maps Close Quarters and Long Distance Relationship (Creators unknown)

Sound files taken from:
I have a folder named MechFX with many sounds, though I cannot find them again by searching.
If someone knows the original creator, I would be happy to give proper credit. These sounds
were used in 6 Gundam units.

Thanks to my buddy Usman for helping with some Tech images when we had downtime at work.

Miscellaneous:

Every picture used for technology is from the internet.
Credit to the commercial products used as resources. Also see separate credits for trademarked brands.
Credit to others who posted movie plot summaries on www.imdb.com

Music credits - please see separate music credits text file.

There are two distribution lines in the Cinemod. That means there are partially shared tech trees. Shown are the second and fourth eras for the Domestic Distribution Channel. For comparison, the same eras for the Foreign Distribution Channel are included in spoilers.

Era two

Spoiler :

Era four

Spoiler :

Civ selection screen
Spoiler :

Some Cinemod Wonders
Spoiler :

Caveats and comments:

First, I really don't know how this mod will go over here. As I've looked over and over at the quality stuff here on this site, I can honestly say that this mod doesn't reach that level. Furthermore, there is a lack of original content.
For now, I'm okay with that and rationalize the problems away as it's my first time doing anything like this. I've learned quite a bit and hope to build on that in the future.

There are some pixellation issues with some pics, but none I hope that would detract from your overall experience. There are some other small issues that will come out in time, but none changing game-play, just mix-ups and doubles due to separate tech lines.

Yes, there exists an over-abundance of resources, units, buildings, everything. I know. By the fourth era you will have more luxuries than you need. Don't complain, just build more units with your money. (Maybe I will change this aspect someday.)
As per usual, don't build the buildings or units if you don't need or want them.
With the exception of a few gratuitous resources, I can find a use for everything at some time or another.

Background information:
There are only Conquest, Domination and Space Race victories available. Due to the fact that the AI may resort to Space Race to win, I encourage anyone to go into the editor and deselect that option if they want to play pure conquest or domination style.

It's all about the fighting. The Barbarians are dangerous and the AI understands the point of the game. They start fighting early. Be ready. I was at war for nearly the entire game. Every game.

Settlers are auto-produced in your capital once every seven turns.

Every era has a strong defender, but all other units have lowered defenses. You will not win in Cinemod by defending.
Attack or die.

Victory
Spoiler :

If an epic means it's gonna suck up a week or more of your time, then this is an epic.
It was a long game for me, not sure how fast others can get it done.
With that all said, my personal opinion is if you're going to just fast forward through all the animations and moves, it's probably not worth playing. This mod is about the units. It's a show, and a pretty good one if I do say so myself. My advice is to take your time and watch. (And kick butt.)

I'm sure the pros will know already, but one quick hint for the others. Park a few units in the center whenever you can, sit back and watch the show. I assure you these units will not disappoint you.

That victory time was for a Regent game. The Monarch games I played were more exciting, but I was in grim situations many times. So I stepped down to Regent to guarantee a win for the camera.

What I have really enjoyed most while playing this mod, aside from the backstabbing AI, is the unit combats.
Sometimes you get that perfect match-up. Lot's of Godzillas fighting a variety of other units, but suddenly he goes toe to toe with Ultraman. Perfect.
You have the cop fight the Drunk. And then shoot the dog. Perfect.
And even the unexpected one like a Snowman losing to a Coffin. You'll see. I don't want to spoil too much.

These are the moments that you will be glad you downloaded and played the Cinemod.
Oh, those aren't good enough? Well then, I hope you get to see the Sailor knocking a red-lined unit(any unit is great) out cold with one punch.
That might be the tops...
And remember to look up a few posts to the credits to recognize the creators for their amazing work.

I have tested it a bit, but I'm just a one man show. It would be miraculous if I didn't overlook something. Besides obvious errors, feel free to post suggestions or opinions. I have no doubt some changes are in order, so it would be great to hear others' ideas.
(P.s. Don't be too worried about the plague, it's all for show and won't hurt you much.)

Older version files deleted. For current game files, please go to page 6, post 116.

From the descriptions and previews looks like this should be a hoot! And a great scenario to customize for any of our favorite weird units, unusual terrains, etc.

Thanks for devoting the time and effort to produce this. As to minor continuity errors - we can hopefully look forward to the Unrated version, Extended version, DVD Alternative Ending version, Blu-Ray Special Edition, Director's Cut, 3-D redux with additional scenes, ...

The concept and glimpse of the minimap remind me of Varley's Demon. Hopefully you've got some centaurs in there somewhere. Love to see some centaurs vs. zombies action in the final reel.

Very interesting idea for a mod. I hope I'll be able to try it. :)

Seriously, how cool is that? Great idea for a mod, looks like a lot of work, thanks for sharing!

Thank you for the positive comments so far.

Seriously, how cool is that?
I guess the highest reward/compliment would be if one says that even after playing.

Ares, your terrain is hands down my favorite and I think it adds something substantial to this mod.

From the descriptions and previews looks like this should be a hoot! And a great scenario to customize for any of our favorite weird units, unusual terrains, etc.

Thanks for devoting the time and effort to produce this. As to minor continuity errors - we can hopefully look forward to the Unrated version, Extended version, DVD Alternative Ending version, Blu-Ray Special Edition, Director's Cut, 3-D redux with additional scenes, ...

The concept and glimpse of the minimap remind me of Varley's Demon. Hopefully you've got some centaurs in there somewhere. Love to see some centaurs vs. zombies action in the final reel.

Yes to hoot.
Yes to some real flexibility for customization of all sorts.
Everyone is welcome to play the Cinemod. But as a prolific creator like yourself knows, half the pleasure is in the process.
I enjoyed making it and it's my pleasure to share.
Your continuing versions are great names for variations. I'm always amazed at the things I don't think of. What a great incorporation of the theme.

I'm sorry to start off by disappointing, but there are no centaurs in the first run. However, with the flexibility previously mentioned, there's certainly a good possibility they could be worked into future versions. The list of suggestions/ideas/wishes has officially started.

There is good news and bad news. The good news is no one has reported any errors. The bad news is no one has played it.

Seriously though, thank you guys who have posted positive comments. I do hope you have a good time playing.

I hadn't played my own game for a week or so as I was wrapping things up and began to miss it as I looked at the thread. I started a Monarch game and will probably post a play by play in the stories section as I now realize some people won't ever play it (maybe they play CivIV or no longer play or just don't want to download or whatever reason,) but may still be interested in seeing a few more things about the Cinemod. When that happens, I'll post a link here and there.

I did find an error in the Civolopedia, however. You can change it yourself if it bothers you or wait for the inevitable patch/update whenever that may be.
The error is both coffin entries have a redundant/duplicate word "be" which needs to be deleted.

tom2050,
You will see a ton of your units here. Every single one plays an integral part in the Cinemod, so thank you. As well, if you've read the credits you'll see my note and I hope you don't flip out when you see how badly I mistreated two of your units. What I learned is you guys who make units have some real talent that is enviable.

Gojira54,
If things like Godzilla, Modzilla and other wild ideas didn't already exist, there would be no Cinemod. The inspiration came from what I found here at civfanatics.

Any other person who I don't name by name, I still appreciate your interest, comments and hope you have fun. That's the principle concept of course, just to have some fun.

The bad news is no one has played it.
:nono: It's much more likely that people are too busy playing to tell you so. It takes a couple of games to get a feel for a new mod. Think about how many hours a game takes vs. how many hours of free time most people have.

:coffee:

:nono: It's much more likely that people are too busy playing to tell you so. It takes a couple of games to get a feel for a new mod. Think about how many hours a game takes vs. how many hours of free time most people have.

:coffee:

Thank you, sir, for your kind words of consolation. You surely are correct. Alas, I had hoped to come across in more of poking fun manner rather than a whiny child needing reassurance. Perhaps the lesson here is to next time use one of these :crazyeye:.
Furthermore, I went into this knowing that the Cinemod in all its splendor and glory would certainly not be everyone's cup of tea. So, as I guess will soon become my mantra, I hope someone out there can enjoy them-self and have fun for a few hours, comments or not.

That matter aside, I very quickly realized that a Centaur could easily and naturally find its way into the Harry Potter script without substantial change. And the timing would probably cause a few showdowns between zombies and centaurs. Of course, feel free to make your own additions or modifications and/or keep suggestions coming when you think of them.

:lol:

Great idea. I'll play it when I get the time.

Perhaps the units in Silent & B&W eras could actually be in B&W ? It would require quite a lot of time making palettes but it should be possible for most units. In later era, the originals could be used (with the suffix _MODERN_ERA in pediaicons).

Edit: Actually, it shouldn't take that much time. Extracting PCX out of FLC (15 sec), transforming into B&W (5 sec), copy-pasting the magenta colors from original (30-60 sec), making the new palette (60 sec), and finally exporting the new FLC (20 sec). That's roughly 10 minutes for each unit and I'm sure I'm overestimating it.

Top Bottom