1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The City Bid Contest For Maoi Statues

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Citizens' started by Provolution, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

THE CITY BID CONTEST FOR MAOI STATUES

There seems to be a disagreement for where to place the Maoi Statues. Therefore I am opening for a city contest (need Lord Civius blessing in this).

Cordoba is represented by Diamond Eye as that citys advocate
    Kassite is represented by its Governor Vandal
    Venice is represented by its Governor TheCommonNate
    Port Civius (future city) by its namesake Lord Civius

The decision will be made by King Cyc on his return from holiday, and we need to see separate proposal threads for each city competing for the Maoi Statues.

2. thecommonnate

thecommonnate Theocrat

As the Governor of Venice, I believe that the Moai Statues should NOT go to Venice.

You can see that Venice has production, and with a Forge and cooperation between me and Provo with the overlapping tiles marked, Venice will have enough Production to reflect the kind of city it should be, that is a hybrid: we have some commerce, some food, and some production, mostly for ships.

The real debate should be between Cordoba and Kassite. Kassite, on one end, has NO production, and Cordoba, on the other end, has production, and the extra production would give us a base of Navy Operations. Also, Cordoba has 12 water tiles and Kassite has 11, presuming that at some point all will be used, thats matched up pretty evenly.

So who gets it? Personally, I think Cordoba should get the Statues, but I've been wrong before. As for Venice, I would like to pull out of the race, if anyone else believes Venice should get the statues, I will fully listen to your proposal and reevaluate my decision.

3. Provolution

Provoshogun is content with the presentation of TNC, and the word is now to be taken by similar bids from Vandal Warlord, Diamondeye and Lord Civius.

4. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

I agree with TCN, and would like to suggest that the Moai statues are placed in Cordoba. It has the most water tiles accessible (unless Port Civius intend to take Aretan tiles), and, unlike Port Civius, it can start the construction immidiately. Kassite is a decent city but is really not fit for production. This does not mean that it is a weak city, but that it is specialized in commerce. Cordoba is best fit simply because of the production potential. Kassites flatlands provides minimal yields of production.

Furthermore the presence of the Moai statues will make it possible for the citizens of Cordoba to work the ocean and hence increase its yield of food. As seen on the picture, its population is only two thirds of Kassite due to the fact that it works the mines at the moment. This could be changed! With the Moai statues it would pay off working the ocean tiles, and, as far as I can see, Cordoba has the potential to reach size 20 without further improvements.

5. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Provoshogan, I belive that the Moai Staues should go to Kassite. Although Corodoba could become a great Production center, if Both Kassite, and Corodoba have moderate production, then we could have two out posts for Naval warfare on the Western side of the Continent. That is my say in the Matter.

6. Provolution

Then we await Lord Civius presentation on Port Civius, then we let King Cyc decide where the Statues should go.