The City of Cabaret Voltaire

Stuck_as_a_Mac

Aptenodytes forsteri
Howdy Y’all und Vilkomen Zum Cabaret Voltaire. We are a prosperous little city founded in 1870 that hopes to serve as a small production center in the crown of Fanatica. Located to the Northwest of Deux Rivers and the province of Audac, this city is currently working to get onto its feet so that it can become a catapult city. While there may not be much yet, you can expect big things from this small city in the in the Fanatican desert.

Cultural History
Historians believe that the city of Cabaret Voltaire was founded by two odd groups of individuals. One group, the Chevals, believed the city should embrace a culture of non-conformity and be unique. That is why they plopped the city down on the border of good, arable, farmland and the Great Fanatican Desert. The other group, the Vaches, embraced the dessert. They wanted more of it and began creating what they called “Dude Ranches.” The two groups merged by means of marriage and over the years, the people now are odd, loud, obnoxious citizens who ride horses, herd cows, engage in performance art and do their best to weird in any way, shape or form.

Propose Queue
Courthouse(2)->Temple(20 (prior to courthouse)->Harbor? (20)

A reminder. All queues here are not endorsed by the governor. They are simply this mayors suggestion.

Mayor Stuck_As-a_Mac:

Thank you for taking charge of your city.

I am not really decided on what to build next. Except that I do NOT want a temple. It is not needed for happiness unless we grow well beyond size 6 and that will not happen soon. I also believe Fanatica to have more luxuries by then further reducing the need for a temple.

With the next citizen (due in 13 turns) we have reached pop 6 with 12 food; thus no more growth before railroads.

If we want further growth, we need both an aqueduct (100 shields) and a harbor (80 shields). With predicted 7-8 shields per turn, this means 20-25 turns. Ouch.

Or we build a market and an aqueduct and wait for railroads to give us the food for growth.

greetings governor tao

(no, i have not forgoten about my promise to e. e. cumings)

i am glad to see you have arrived in the city. i, like you, agree that a temple is not what is needed. i a merely going off of what was stated in the queue of the city. i know that we do not have much room for growth until the advent of railroads, and i am prepared to work around that. perhaps a harbor next? after that, we can asses the situation and maybe find time for catapults.

saam

Top Bottom