The City of Gingerbread City

D'yer Mak'er

pikmin eater

Engelskt uppslagsord
gingerbread

Svensk översättning
pepparkaka; mjuk ingefärskaka (substantiv)

Sammansättningar/avledningar

- gingerbread man --- pepparkaksgubbe

Welcome to the city of Gingerbread City!

We are located in the noth-west of the Quirnial province, next to the sea and about 10 squares away from the forbidden palace of New Jedina.

Thanks to a nearby iron mine, the city has a fairly decent production capacity, and once some grassland is irrigated and railed and we'll be able to work those surrounding hills, this city's prodution might even be enough to make wonders, or, ehm, well, at least some good units.

These are exciting times!

Citizens

D'yer Mak'er (mayor)
Gingerbread Man

2/9
post-elections first turnchat que

1475 AD

Build Que
1. Temple
2. University
3. Bank

the current que, posted by you in the turnchat instructions thread, has an aqueduct in #2. this city already has an aqueduct.

Worker actions

along with building the railroad, irrigate the blue and one of the purple tiles.

As mayor, please put build ques in this thread or the province thread. I am under the Impression that Governer Bootstoots prefers build ques in the city threads, but you can do it either way.

@bacon: haa, that's just if you wanted to know what "gingerbread" means in Swedish...

the govenor wants build ques from the mayors? allright i'll do my best... i'll put them on both the city and the provincial thread. good thing i put a "reserved" post then.

I now pledge my allegance to this city, named in honor of...

ME!!!

I'm surprised how reasonable this city is. Corruption isn't too bad, but a courthouse would bring it to great power.

@GBM, welcome to the wonderful and glorius city of the gingerbreads!

I read somewhere that within 10 squares from the palace or FP, corruption should be on a pretty manageble level. GBC is 10 squares from New Jedina, while YAC is 10 squares from Noshuret. Still YAC has lower waste than GBM. am i missing something...

considering the coal mine is /will soon be in place (i don't have the 810AD save), do you think the courthouse should be placed first in the que?

@bacon: aha.. thanks. i guess that does the difference.

so when counting corruption, GBC is actually 10 + (9*0,5) = 14,5 squares away from the FP and 13 + (2*0,5) = 14,0 squares away from the Palace... aha

Here from the messenger of pepparkaksgubbe (Gingerbread Man):
I invite you to join the Quirnial Landowner Game. It'll be fun! but tell me by Friday/Saturday.

A link to this office is now in post #1 of Quirnial Office.

from now on i will post any updates, buildques, screenshots etc. LAST in this thread. (just adding a new post). this is better in all threads because: 1. readers can go back in and follow the development over time. 2. threads with new posts gets the "arrow" - icon, and are placed highest in the forum, decreasing the risk that it will be missed. updated posts don't. 3. writers don't have to spend time deleating and correcting old texts.

this is the new bill posted in the Quirnial Province Discussion: Overall Strategy. if it passes, changes will come to this city. with the classification of "large" given to Gingerbread, a high concentration of spt is expected. what this plan won't give this city is very much commerce, so income and science oriented improvements are secondary objectives.

currently, however, work and allocations in the province continue as usual with no drastic changes. i will try to keep a high worker attention to the need of irrigating several mined grasslands as quickly as possible. this is important to get this plan into practice.

yes, we now suffer from terrible muzac invented somewhere in the 80:s. modern materials and architecture gives us state of the art skyscrapes. as usual, the city planning is quite strange.

the quest for Quirnial wonders continues. if our new govenor approves, the city plan previusly worked out can allow gingerbread to perhaps make SS.

for the next chat, we will request that all forests within quirnial, except for the one near Sycorax, are cut down and replaced with irrigation.

Top Bottom