The City of Huntington

Sorry about being so angry. I've cooled down now, though it wasn't the crowdedness, it's just that I'm so bad at basketball that Ybbor beat me 146-3 (a freaky three pointer that bounced off a passing citizen who incidentally is now unhappy as there are no medical expenses and he wants the ball court closed down. No way, I say.)

What to build next. Horsies are always nice, though are we sure that we want to sanction the young blood of Huntington to fight in wars far off. I'd dearly like to see a Library built to spread the knowledge we have and to acquire the knowledge we don't.

Excellent work on my house there by the way. Thank you so much. I can send humorous jokes over to FortyJ with flag signals and watch the sun set with a glass of Montpellier 325.

I once again propose that we build a barracks before building any offense-oriented units. Our nation needs heros - great leaders to lead us into the troubling times ahead. These leaders will not emerge from regular troops, but rather from elite units. We would be foolish to send troops into the field of battle without training them first.

I say we build a barracks and then begin recruiting horsemen to aid in the war effort.

Dear FortyJ,

I have to agree with you..We should build a baracks so our units can last longer in battle..So first we will build a barracks..then some horsemans...

-----------
@Citizens,

Do we all agree on just keping the unhappy person..well unhappy?? Keep in mind once we grow bigger there will be more unhappy citizens....

Thanks!

Mayor Truckingpete

Barracks - let the city of Huntington be renowned for its fearsome warriors. A city of heroes, clad in the most beautifully coloured fabrics of course.

I think we should keep the man unhappy, but tell them to watch out for rioting when we grow in four turns. I don't understand why he's unhappy, the three ladies are happy... hold on a moment. It's starting to make sense...

barracks=upkeep, perhaps a palace pre-build until Sun tuz's? and knights appear with chivaly, not feudalism

Originally posted by FortyJ
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Three happy ladies & 1 unhappy man.... Sounds about right.

Pretty bad if we have 3 women and 1 man!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: But he's unhappy...for some strange reason...

ANYWAY..I contacted the governor about the barracks first then some horseman... hope the Governor approves it....

Yeah, I know... you hear those reports of Spring Break locales where the girls outnumber the guys 3 to 1 and you're thinking "Awesome", but let me assure you. Once you're forced to live with them full time, with no chance of parole, it's another story altogether. :D

Mayor's Report 410 AD

We are size 5. (Pop. 150,000) Can't grow anymore...:(
We have 5 blue shields.
We have 1 red sheilds.
Country Treasury: 1280 Gold
City Treasury: 12 (GPT)
We have one spearman guarding our city.
We have 2 unhappy citizens..:mad:
We have one TAX COLLECTOR. President did this.
We have 2 happy citizens...:D
We are producing a spearman
Note: The governor didn't post instructions so we didn't build a barracks.

Look above for more info....

Originally posted by FortyJ
Yeah, I know... you hear those reports of Spring Break locales where the girls outnumber the guys 3 to 1 and you're thinking "Awesome", but let me assure you. Once you're forced to live with them full time, with no chance of parole, it's another story altogether. :D

Oh god, Im missing the action of Spring Break where there are lots of women :sad:

(Sorry, Single Young Adult's hormones are raging again ;) )

Citizens of Huntington!!

I like to bring this up to the Village Council...
We have 2 unhappy citizens. Like I said before, when we grow more the citizens become more unhappy. (This time a man and a woman are unhappy.) The President said to hire an entertainer, so I did. Plus we aren't growing anymore!!! What are we going to do. We can't stay at size 5 forever. Shall we build an aqueduct??

That us it..

From,
Mayor Truckingpete

EDIT: Not a entertainer.. A mean Tax collector!!

Originally posted by truckingpete
Citizens of Huntington!!

I like to bring this up to the Village Council...
We have 2 unhappy citizens. Like I said before, when we grow more the citizens become more unhappy. (This time a man and a woman are unhappy.) The President said to hire an entertainer, so I did. Plus we aren't growing anymore!!! What are we going to do. We can't stay at size 5 forever. Shall we build an aqueduct??

That us it..

From,
Mayor Truckingpete

Dont tell me, They are having communication problems ;).

Anyway. I do think that after the barracks have been done that a settler should be built to ease the unhappyness problems.

We have an evil tax collector, not a fun-loving entertainer. Personally, I think there's too much crime going on and I don't feel overly safe so would like to suggest that we train another band of people to become spearmen. That'll ease the population's fears?

You are Invited...

[party]

Too a Spring Break Party this Friday at the Mayor's Manshion!! Famouse paintings from all over the world are here form our famous dyes!! Lots of refreashments!! :beer: Tons of food!!:groucho: Your bellies will be full.

From the Mayor: I am putting on this party because we all need a break!! Plus for the wonderful citizens that are here. Bring friends form all over Fantica!!

When: Friday ALL DAY!!
Where: Mayor's Manshion
Don't need to bring anything!!

FUN!! FUN!! FUN!!

Be there!:D

[party]

Horray!!! Im going to bring along Mara Jade and Colonel Klink :p

Lord Mayor Truckingpete and the Village Council of Huntington,

Despite our upcoming festivities, I write today with a heavy heart, for what I am witnessing does not make me feel like celebrating much.

It seems that despite our switch to a Republican form of government, that our elected leaders refuse to increase the funding for entertainment throughout the nation. To complicate matters, they expect us to continue to recruit military units to fight this war. Sadly, in order to accomplish this, we must sacrifice our ability to grow.

If I were governor of our province, I would insist that the Congress increase entertainment funding immediately or I would halt all production of military units and improvements in favor of temples so that our towns can continue to grow. If our leaders wish us to fight this war for them, then it is only fair that they provide us with some entertainment to keep the people content.

Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing everyone at the celebrations planned for this weekend.

Respectfully,
FortyJ

Dear FortyJ,

I think the war is over with Babylon...If You mean another war..what war?? Yes with this new government, we will have to get used to it...It will take awhile BUT it is an improvment from the last government...I have also heard that people don't want to increase the entertainment...If this continues, we will be out of control...Don't think it won't get that far though (Hope not)...But the party will continue..Maybe we can talk our mines off of all this...Like I said, we need a little break..

If you are nominated for governor...I would gladly vote for you!!We need new blood anyway...You would be a great governor, but he election is far away...

From,
Mayor Truckingpete

(I would be running for something like governor, but I got school..maybe if we have a DemoGame in the summer then I would..)

Ahhh....

It feels good to take a break...any more chicken!??

Nice day to have the party too...very sunny....I think the President is coming..who knows..but it is nice to relax.....

Enjoy the rest of the party....

enjoy the fruits of my harvest! my tree garden has grown, and now i have tangeriens, oranges, and apples. the new picture of my grove is below, and please, come and pick whatever fruits you wish

i love this party! pass the montpillear wine please

Top Bottom