The City of Palanthus

donsig

Low level intermediary
Since my duties as governor of the Southwest Province are about done I look forward to returning to Palanthus. Also, since it appears I will not win the Presidency I'll now have time to devote to be mayor of this great city. :)

Here's a shot of the core of Palanthus, circa 1130 AD:

Attachments

• palview.jpg
    palview.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 124
Here are the tiles being worked, again circa 1130 AD:

Attachments

• paltiles.jpg
    paltiles.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 132
We're working on a granary. We are already size 12 and we can make lots of surplus food. What's the point of a granary right now? Let's switch to a market! We've got 2 entertainers (presumably for a WLTKD) yet we have two unhappy citizens. A markey is what we need in Palanthus! A market would more than pay for itself as we're generating 10gpt!

Let's change from a granary to a market and re-arrange the laborers this way:

Attachments

• palsugg.jpg
    palsugg.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 171
Mayor donsig,

Please read the following proposal. I have determined that along with other select cities, your great city of Palanthus can assist all of Fanatika by signing on. By doing so, Palanthus can lead the way in helping other cities maximise their potential, which will collectively maximise our nation's potential.

If you agree with this plan, I would ask you to consider continuation of the granary and head directly to settlers. I will be discussing this with Governor SaaM shortly, and sending it to poll after some discussion. Thank you for your time.

Getting Our Cities to Size 12

I just made a post in that thread. I like the plan in principle but Palanthus needs a market! A city that can crank out 10 extra food per turn does not need a granary! Given a marketplace to help keep the WLTKD going, Palanthus could recruit settlers for other cites and still regain its population swiftly. Perhaps the term six domestic advisor will see fit to rush the market here and in Eklektochtitlan as well. WLTKD will go along way towards making these two cities productive and markets are essential to WLTKD.
I also think that there is no rush to get this plan implemented as it will work much better when our rail net is in place.

Mr Mayor,
Re: Market.
As governor of this city, I agree with this plan. The proposed granary is due in three turns. I have made a queue change adding the market directly after the granary. Using the worker placement you have proposed, the time for the market, after the granary, is 20 turns.
If Domestic see it to be fit, I would be interested in rushing it for a little over 300 gold.
Thank you,
Governor SaaM

Governor SaaM - as donsig noted, there is no need for a granary at this time as the city is maxed out. I would like to request that the granary be immediately replaced by a marketplace so that we could get the market even sooner. I may not be able to rush it immediately due to our needed cultural expansion in New India, but we would still get it in 7 turns.

At this time, I would also like to request that at least two of your cities producing cavalry be switched to improvements before tomorrow's chat. The reason for this is that we have 8 knights we can still upgrade and Morgana needs an aqueduct. There is another city building cavalry that can be switched to a market or aqueduct; I can't recall which one at this time but will let you know.

Any assistance you can give me here would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Donovan Zoi
Domestic Leader-elect

DZ: please direct to the thread, but I agree.
lemme see...
Morgana, if swithced immediatly, can do an aqua in 8. I will do that, seeing as its one of our big producers.
I will do the same for The Burrow, making it 3 turns.
Palanthus will go directly to market, in 11.
These changes are to be made. And to the Domestic Elect: I hope you dont mind rushes. Ive got some planned

Saam - Thanks for your understanding. I will direct to the Taliesin from this point forward on matters of this kind. I hope you won't mind suggestions like this from time to time during Term 6.

As far as rushes go, I will do everything I can. Please submit whatever you feel is necessary and I will consider it.

Top Bottom