The CIV4 Quiz Game!

NcNikke

Chieftain
Hello everyone. This is a thread about an idea of mine, as the thread name suggests, a civ4 quiz game. I will be asking questions about civ4 and you will try to answer them.

I'll post questions every once in a while and you may answer them. Please post your answers in spoilers and don't look them up. It'll be more fun for you that way.

Hmmm, Could we have an example of easy/hard? Or maybe a medium category for those like myself who aren't noobs but are intimidated by the word hard?

Hmmm, Could we have an example of easy/hard? Or maybe a medium category for those like myself who aren't noobs but are intimidated by the word hard?

Propably not going to do Medium question because it would be too hard for me to start categoricing (did I get that right?) with three difficulty levels.

Easy questions are questions (for example) about techs and UU's and UB's while hard questions can be about capital names and terrain improvement values.

BTW the point is, that if you participate, you don't look up the answers. Of course, noone's gonna stop you but it would be much more fun if you don't do that. Just thought I made it clear. Hopefully we'll get some partisipants soon.

You could also do civ4 riddles:

What sank the great battleship 'Yamato', destroyed factories, destroyed railroads and Transported troops in WW2 but can do none of these things in civ4?

You could also do civ4 riddles:

What sank the great battleship 'Yamato', destroyed factories, destroyed railroads and Transported troops in WW2 but can do none of these things in civ4?

That's a good idea really. Or would be if we'd get some competitors. Seriously it seems that no one is intrested so I quess we'll soon see this thread in page 2... Where no one ever visits...

That's a good idea really. Or would be if we'd get some competitors. Seriously it seems that no one is intrested so I quess we'll soon see this thread in page 2... Where no one ever visits...

It is not that nobody is interested, thats not it at all. The problem is that other things are more interesting, such as the forum itself! and it is an interesting forum at that!!

Question: Where you should move the initial Warrior?
Answer: 1 NE.

:lol:

Here's a question for you: Why doesn't anyone want to play? :cry:

Another riddle:

Farmers grow it, chainsaws cut it, greenies love it, infact my computer is sitting on a desk made of it rite now! They can plant them in civ3 but then forgot how in civ4, what am i?

Epilogue: Civ4 farmer joe blogs was asked last week about the idea of growing them. "yes we thought about it, dah, we got the idea of planting their seeds, dah um, from planting crop seeds like wheat dah, but the seeds would not grow in the ocean, dah um so we just didn't know what to do after that and gave up the idea altogether dahhh.

Another riddle:

Farmers grow it, chainsaws cut it, greenies love it, infact my computer is sitting on a desk made of it rite now! They can plant them in civ3 but then forgot how in civ4, what am i?

Epilogue: Civ4 farmer joe blogs was asked last week about the idea of growing them. "yes we thought about it, dah, we got the idea of planting their seeds, dah um, from planting crop seeds like wheat dah, but the seeds would not grow in the ocean, dah um so we just didn't know what to do after that and gave up the idea altogether dahhh.

Forests!

Also I would like to play.
I don't want to have to PM for a question, just ask them here.

I will make a harder riddle:

What is more terrifying than standing armies or banks in civ4 early game?

If it existed in real life then ancient empires like the Vikings would have stayed at home!

What am i?

If it existed in real life then ancient empires like the Vikings would have stayed at home!

What am i?

banking? a bank.

Edit: just saw that the question said banks.. :mischief:
i thought it was the quote..

What am i?

Another clue - If it existed in real life and the Vikings did not 'stay at home' and settled distand colonies all over as they did in real history then this thing would have sucked their finances into a black whole of total DOOM! what is it?

I'd be interested if you started posting some questions.

Have you read the instrunctions in the first post (or maybe I made them a bit tough to read). Someone needs to send me a PM and say that he wants to participate and then I start posting questions. BTW its ok if you ente here in this thread.

Also I would like to play.
I don't want to have to PM for a question, just ask them here.

Oh sorry didn't see you. Ladys and gentlemen we have a competitor. And wich difficulty level wil you play?

And the first (entering) post was kinda ment to be a PM bu whatever :p.

Another clue - If it existed in real life and the Vikings did not 'stay at home' and settled distand colonies all over as they did in real history then this thing would have sucked their finances into a black whole of total DOOM! what is it?

It's coming a little more clearly now. Maintenance costs? More specifically distance from palace maintence costs?

Oh sorry didn't see you. Ladys and gentlemen we have a competitor. And wich difficulty level wil you play?

And the first (entering) post was kinda ment to be a PM bu whatever .

It's just easier for the whole community to get involved and pitch questions. More people might join instead of just one person asking questions. Good idea though.:goodjob:

As for difficulty level, just ask questions. If you notice they are too simple then increase the difficulty.

Also some basic rules for the game might be needed.
The history quiz in the World history forum is a good model for rules.

Alright let's make it so that everyone can answer the questions. I'll post questions every once in a while and you answer them if you have time. Well then, the first question:

What civilisation has a lader with the trait combination Organized/Creative, and what is the Unique Unit for that civilisation.

Please post your answers in spoilers and remember, don't look it up.

SirLamphead - That answer is correct!

NcNikke - I do not know, so i will just have a random guess... Washington?

Top Bottom