The CivGive 2022 announced! A community MP stream to raise money for sick children: TOMORROW Dec 11!

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter
civgive.jpeg

The CivGive is a charity event, organized by various Streamers around TheCivShow.
Last year the team managed to raise $42 000 for extralife, and $25 000 were matched by 2K Games.
This year the team will be aiming at $75 000 in total, to contribute to GamesOutreach.org, which helps hospitalized children through games to make ther life in the hospital a bit better.
The Civ6 multiplayer live stream for the event and surrounding activities will happen on December 11, 1 PM Eastern Time.

Right now we know that the following streamers will participate in this giant MP match:
The event is hosted by Nystagmus, Moysauce and PeppermintButler.

We hope that also CivFanatics will do their share to reach the 75 000 :), and we hope that this will again be an enjoyable event!

Last edited:
Surely :D.
I hope it'll be a good and reasonable challenge to get to the 75k. Last year worked a lot better than expected, so it might work this year.

Short correction to my post above: It's December 11, not 1.

Sassy Gamer Lady has also posted some of the important dates leading up to the stream, see below:
FgpgoNAWYAExSXF.jpeg

whitney.png

As announced here, Whitney Meers is the next participant.
In 2009, Whitney (a.k.a. Lumba3go) ditched her budding legal career to enter the lucrative field of video game journalism. She's a regular contributor to PCGamesN.com and has bylines in Newsweek, USA Today/For the Win, TheGamer, HuffPost, and more.

She started playing Civilization VI near the beginning of COVID-19 and won her first Deity game the night before she was scheduled to interview Sid Meier. When she told him about her win, he said he was "impressed" and she's been riding that compliment wave for the past two years

Huh potato is the only one of these I know. Quill would be fun as someone to participate. Also so some of the others of these I know about money went to one hospital in one city, how is the money divided here? Thanks!

Huh potato is the only one of these I know. Quill would be fun as someone to participate. Also so some of the others of these I know about money went to one hospital in one city, how is the money divided here? Thanks!
Same here, I also see that marbozir could be in here but idk. I haven't really checked. I remember seeing a nuke by looking at potato from a submarine once, btw.

I think most of the participants besides Potato McWhiskey (who is definitely the best known in the list) have only started streaming a while after the Civ6 release. So if you don't regularly watch, then you might not know them.

about money went to one hospital in one city, how is the money divided here? Thanks!
It seems the charity is acting US-wide, so this will not go to any specific hospital, but will contribute to the overall charity work.

I think most of the participants besides Potato McWhiskey (who is definitely the best known in the list) have only started streaming a while after the Civ6 release. So if you don't regularly watch, then you might not know them.

It seems the charity is acting US-wide, so this will not go to any specific hospital, but will contribute to the overall charity work.
Thanks!

The guys are continuing with the pre-game setup:

FhXwz6NXEAcMZFE.jpeg

Tomorrow, we will have a double qualifier with out newest participants @whitneymeers and @1Leef_ !!

Want to see how they stack up against the rest of the field? Find out tomorrow!

Tomorrow = that was yesterday, and will be in roughly 40 minutes. I assume it's on the channel of either of the ladies or of the CivShow.

(I also forgot to post some of the other streams and stuff in between, because sometimes they go live when I'm offline; sorry about that)

The last participant announced!
Bienvenue Lege!

This is the final lineup of players.
1668797512708.png

We're excited to have a diverse cast of players from beginners to experts. TheCivGive has always been about building up communities and we love to include players who are less well known. We're limited in how many players we can have and there will always be streamers/content creators who will be left out. We'd love to somehow include all creators in the future and maybe someday we can make that a reality.

With that being said, if you don't know any of these streamers, get to know them! They're all fantastic in their own way and very different from one another.

Hope to see you all on December 11th for the main event, but also on November 26th for the Draft, and December 3rd to see the final confirmed leaders that will be playing the TheCivGive2022.

As always, you can find the most up-to-date info about the event at https://thecivshow.com/thecivgive2022

In case you want to support the CivGive, and get some merchandise, you can go to https://vbmerch.com/ and buy something for yourself while at the same time donating ;) (this is only going for Van Bradley though, not the other participants).

On December 11 we will have the most important Civ6 stream of the year: The CivGive2022, where 12 streamers battle for Civ6 hegemony in a giant online stream, to raise money for GamesOutreachOrg. To already raise money before the event, there are many other events and occassions to donate. One of them is this Saturday, at 3 PM Eastern time (noon Western time, or 21h CET): The Civ draft. You want to know who decides to play with which civ? If they streamers will go for the new Leader Pass leaders? Who might not get his favourite civ? Tune in on Saturday at 3PM on the channel of TheCivShow.

On December 11 we will have the most important Civ6 stream of the year: The CivGive2022, where 12 streamers battle for Civ6 hegemony in a giant online stream, to raise money for GamesOutreachOrg. To already raise money before the event, there are many other events and occassions to donate. One of them is this Saturday, at 3 PM Eastern time (noon Western time, or 21h CET): The Civ draft. You want to know who decides to play with which civ? If they streamers will go for the new Leader Pass leaders? Who might not get his favourite civ? Tune in on Saturday at 3PM on the channel of TheCivShow.
They're on!

Hello. It may be super obvious to some, but could you please help me understand what this is going to be beyond a charity event?

Is it going to be the 12 streamers playing one map together? What settings? What victory conditions? Can anyone ally or attack anyone else? Will the hosts be covering all players simultaneously?

Thanks.

Edit:
I voted… would have preferred making potato start in the ocean but oh well.

Last edited:
Hello. It may be super obvious to some, but could you please help me understand what this is going to be beyond a charity event?

Is it going to be the 12 streamers playing one map together? What settings? What victory conditions? Can anyone ally or attack anyone else? Will the hosts be covering all players simultaneously?

Thanks.

Edit:
I voted… would have preferred making potato start in the ocean but oh well.
Great question! Let me handle that for you.

Yes TheCivGive is a charity event hosted by TheCivShow. We take 12 incredible streamers and place them in 1 multiplayer game of Civ 6, we spin a wheel to see which civ each streamer gets to play, and we raise money for children who are staying in children's hospitals across North America and some parts of EU (more information can be found on GamersOutreach website).

This year, we're featuring 6 teams of 2.
Map Settings:
- Huge Map
- Continents & Islands
- New world age (more hills/mountains)
- Wet (more trees/rainforests/marsh)
- Low Sea Level
- Abundant Resources
- Balanced Start

Each player is allowed 1 extra ally during the game. Hosts will be overviewing the entire game using Better Spectator Mod. Every victory condition is on the table, but usually by the end of the night, there's a clear cut winner that everyone surrenders to.

We have a website as well with all of the information and links to all the participants channels and all the social medias for TheCivShow. Any questions can also be directed to a dedicated channel in TheCivShow Discord.

Top Bottom