The Coalition of Citizens

Strider

In Retrospect
As the oldest* Democracy Game player around today, I think it's traditionally right if I start this up. Okay, well I'm the oldest if you don't include Chieftess, but I'll 'conviently' not mention her. Wait... Damn.

* I'm not the oldest DG player by age, I mean I've been around the longest.

Anyway, this is similiar to the "Union of Newbies" groups that have been started before. Just Coalition sounds much better then Union, and I've always thought calling newer players newbies sounds kind of insulting.

Basically, you can sign up as either a Vetern or a New Player. When you sign up as a Vetern, you are saying that you are willing to answer questions (inside of this thread or VIA PM) that anyone has about the Demogame. This includes game elements, the constitution (when we make one), etc. If you sign up as a New Player, you really get nothing.. just your name on the first post of this thread. Sometime later (and if this works out good) I'll expand onto it and actually make signing up as a New Player really useful.

However, for right now, the entire purpose of this thread is to answer questions on a case-by-case basis.

Veterns:
Strider
Octavian X
Stuck_as_a_Mac
admiral-bell
CivGeneral
Donovan Zoi
RoboPig
mhcarver
greekguy
BCLG100

New Players:
Kid_icoris
Svampfest
Mason11987
I am the Future
*Satis
A.I.E.E.E.
uubry
pac6z
Meleager
LoneOne
HounddogLGS
dpaajones
Emp. Killyouall
Daghdha
Harrier
RaRe
ChrisMDP
kandalf
Armed_Maniac
dorkforce3
CaliSurfer
Axle
Slim_Chance
Namelessones
Sticky Fingers
donkeyimage
moonrunner
Swissempire
Fluteman
Stilgar08
Mike Lemmer
IamSid
Steely1
Pie-es-Tasty
HG_CassiusA
Phantom_Lord
GrendelS
bantste
Sexton
Mr. G
koondrad
Kenji
Fetch
benjyweller1991
ice2k4

I would like to sign up, Still a vet from Civ3 DG ;).

This is not a continuation of the civ3 demogame, this is a new civ4 one. there are no vetreans and newbies, lets everyone start on the same footing and just call ourselfs members

I like Nobodys ide primarily becuae I am a newbie to the Demo Game

sign me up anyways

Nobody said:
This is not a continuation of the civ3 demogame, this is a new civ4 one. there are no vetreans and newbies, lets everyone start on the same footing and just call ourselfs members

Good point, Nobody. None of us really knows that much about Civ4.

However, "veterans" may be helpful in getting newcomers accustomed to some of different aspects of a Democracy Game.

In short, I'll sign up. If anyone has any questions of the game, please don't hesitate to ask.

I'll join.

Nobody said:

Whatever twisted view you want to hold on the matter, not everyone is starting off on the same footing. The people from the Civ3 Demogame have a advantage, of just plain experience and knowaledge.

So you propose that we don't try to even the footing, and allow some of the older demogame players to share there experience and knowaledge to aid those that are newer at the game?

------------

Also, if you have a question (ANY QUESTION!), please just post it inside of this thread or you can PM one of the people marked as a Vetern in the first post of this thread.

Sign me down as a person with fresh eyes and a lot of potential. (i.e. another one of those n00bs)

EDIT - I have now posted more in the civ4 demo game then i did in the civ3 one

Strider said:
Anyway, this is similiar to the "Union of Newbies" groups that have been started before. Just Coalition sounds much better then Union, and I've always thought calling newer players newbies sounds kind of insulting.

*clear throat obnoxiously* i take severe insult at that comment since i made that name! jk!:crazyeye:
sign me up as a vet

I'm new...I obviously didn't know I needed at least 10 characters per post either...That should do it ;)

put me down as new player

Top Bottom