The Cold War Deluxe; 1950-1991

Had a run at Spain just to see how things went for the rest of the world for the most part.

Start: I work on Spanish infrastructure and also look to eventually take Rabat from North Africa.

December 1960. WP declares war on Scandinavia. After the smoke clears from 9 months of war, the Russians have scored impressive gains and are holding Glasgow of all places and Helsinki, Munich, Stuttgart in Europe. In Asia, they have manage to take Rangpur, Dhaka, and Chittagong. The Chinese also take Seoul and Pusan, but not until the last month of the war, so the adjustments are helping there.

Turkey responds by holding Belgrad for Nato. Apparently there was a lot of fighting going on there, because Greece had it at one time too.

Peace breaks out until Mar of 1963 and WP declares war on SE Asia. The war ends Nov 63. My timing was good as I take Rabat from North African on the last turn of war. The WP gains this time are not so great and Russia gains nothing in this war and China picks up Phnom Penh. Russia held Bangkok at one time, but lost it back to SE Asia. No other territory exchanges hands.

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will T.O. be back? He deserved it for dancing in my star (cowboys) :lol:

El Justo,
Well at least give all of the foot soldiers airlift capabilies.

Thank you if you send me a list of the units I will try and plug in all of the attack and defense plus all of that other crap. Do you want me to do that?

okay...i think that the final unit 'tweaks' are finished. nothing drastic was done from one version to the next; the changes were subtle. some A/D values were adjusted a little as well as shield costs. i'd say the most significant changes occurred w/ the infantry-type units (wholesale boost of the lesser civs' A/D values & shield costs).

one other issue i thought i'd toss out there was a possible PBEM game among the regular posters here. the more i think about it, the more i like the idea of it. for example, there could be 'teams' of PBEM'ers for this scenario; a 'Capitalist' team and a 'Commie' team. the human players could use and defend against every aspect of the scenario instead of against the extremely fickle AI. the possibilities of this scenario in MP could be very interesting. of course, we'd need dedicated players, ones who could be able to play at least a turn a day and be relied on to send the save file onto the next guy.

lastly, and certainly most impressively, is the spreadsheets that i attach to the bottom of this post. they contain the unit stats for every single unit in the scenario. all 248 of them! this tremendous piece of work was done by my CFC friend, Klyden. his assistance in the updates has been absolutely indispensable and to be honest, i would've never gotten through all of the number/stat/data crunching without his continued support. thanks a ton Kly.

Attachments

• TCW Units.zip
    17.7 KB · Views: 503
Drivebymaster said:
GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will T.O. be back? He deserved it for dancing in my star (cowboys) :lol:

El Justo,
Well at least give all of the foot soldiers airlift capabilies.

Thank you if you send me a list of the units I will try and plug in all of the attack and defense plus all of that other crap. Do you want me to do that?
he'll be back. i think...

yes. all infantry units have the airlift flag. this gives them an added incentive to still build them later in the game.

check out my previous post and look at those spread sheets. all of the stats, etc are already in. it's pretty to look at, too. :p

Sorry if this isn't really pertinent to playtesting, and is sort of a newbish question, but is there any way to speed up the declarations of war/peace in between turns? Every time war or peace breaks out, It takes me a minute or two to go through all the clicking to get rid of the popups (there are a lot of civs, and it tells me half of them have gone to war/made peace with the other half, basically).

jaewookim4 said:
Sorry if this isn't really pertinent to playtesting, and is sort of a newbish question, but is there any way to speed up the declarations of war/peace in between turns? Every time war or peace breaks out, It takes me a minute or two to go through all the clicking to get rid of the popups (there are a lot of civs, and it tells me half of them have gone to war/made peace with the other half, basically).

It would be good for a "Bad guys declared war on the good guys" or a "World at war!" rather than clicking through every country declaring war on 12 others, especially when it happens every dozen or so turns

jaewookim4 said:
jaewookim4,

unfortunately, this can't really be avoided. however, i've held down the 'Enter' button and it speeds it up a bit.

So, will you be doing that flags as leaderhead idea? I think it's a good idea. It would certainly make it easier to identify the countries, though how will you handle the ones containing multiple countries?

cassa61 said:
So, will you be doing that flags as leaderhead idea? I think it's a good idea. It would certainly make it easier to identify the countries, though how will you handle the ones containing multiple countries?
cassa61,

i'm still not sure. it's a real pain to add them in w/ all of the text entries and all. i probably should but i'm gonna have to think about it.

as for the multiple country civs, i'd probably take the 'primary' country of the particular civ like say Argentina (Bolivia & Chile, too), Mexico for Central America, etc.

okay...the updated version of TCW should be available for DL within a day or so.

there's also another announcement:

development for a series of TCW "chapters" is in the works.

what does this mean? well, it would mean importing all of the TCW data into geographically specific Civ3Conquests maps and sort of 'regionalizing' certain conflicts that occurred during the Cold War era. the first one on tap is an "East Asia" scenario w/ Vietnam and Korea in mind. all of these TCW "chapters" would have no more than 8 civs but the good part about all of this is that we could expand on city placements, use larger maps and really 'customize' it down to the nitty-gritty.

the "East Asia" scenario will most likely contain the following civs:

USA
China/N Korea
N Vietnam
Japan/S Korea
SEATO (Australia/NZ/Thailand/Philippines)
Laos/Cambodia
S Vietnam
Indonesia/Malaysia

more on this later...

All right MP maps!!!!! I will try the vietnam mod that should be interesting. :goodjob:

BTW Wyrm got almost all of the artillery units done. Stop by there for the units because there is some russian artillery there.

BTW Here is the Fighter Attack Chart enjoy

hi el justo again
i totally remade your scenario for little map for users with slow computers like i have. there are only 12 civs and some units r not available but generaly it hase same sence of your cold war. but i still have the same problem! even with less nations, less units and less cities my comp thinks by hours after 1966 year !!!!!!! so, i want to ask u, what makes this game play fast - lot of ram ( i have 250 ), hard disk ( i have 40, but about 2GB of free place ) or cpu ( i have celeron 1.8 ). thx
P.S. i can give u this file, u refix some little bugs and can make it downloadable from here.

Top Bottom