1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Cold War Deluxe; 1950-1991

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by El Justo, Dec 25, 2004.

1. Bengal Tiger

Bengal Tiger Emperor

I see your point about the Canadians not being as active as the Aussies. Also, why aren't there a few more cities in Canada, Warsaw Pact,and Central Africa to make up the empty space? Does it make the scenario slow or just overpower those civs?

2. Moff Jerjerrod

Moff Jerjerrod Deity

Hi all,

Attached please find an Excel .xlsx table with a list of units used in this scenario. The list was compiled using Steph's editor (unit comparison screen). I've added a column at the end of the table to show my personal progress on updating the unit flc's contained in this scenario.

Enjoy!

MoffJ

Attached Files:

3. orion665

orion665 Chieftain

Hello,

I keep getting this error

ERROR READING FILE

Missing entry in "text\PediaIcons.txt": ICON_BLDG_Theater

4. althatomisi

althatomisi Chieftain

No doubt that this Civilopdia is the most extensive and informative to have ever been assembled. There is an entry for every single unit, improvement, small wonder and great wonder.

---------------
    Commodity Binary Options System GOLD BURST

5. conflan74

conflan74 Chieftain

I am the U.S in Aug. 1964 and for some reason i cant build icbm plant. I have uranium and aluminum and have researched icbms. please help

6. RKP

RKP Regent

It is auto-produced. I think that its every 10 turns that a ICBM will pop up for you. And that then can be loaded on a Ballistic Sub that you produce.

7. conflan74

conflan74 Chieftain

Well do u know what city it is supposed to be in

8. RKP

RKP Regent

one of the east coast ones. you can look into the city and find it

9. conflan74

conflan74 Chieftain

ok i have checked every single city and i dnt hav an icbm plant and its like 1965.

10. Sasebo

Sasebo Prince

If you don't have it prebuilt in any of your cities, then it must be one you have to build yourself when you get the tech that allows it. It may require that both of those resources be within the two square radius of your city. I'm not sure, but those resources might have to be connected to your city by roads too. If you have all of that, you should have the plant in your build queue.

11. cathermy

cathermy Chieftain

Hi, sorry for the noob question, but I tried to download this mod by clicking on the link in the first post, and I think I somehow got an older version of this mod...? I don't understand since you can supposedly pick from 30 different civs, but when I play there's only 8 to choose from and it says "v1.2" in the corner. Am I missing something? Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Ok, so I think I fixed the problem. But now when I try to load the mod I get "FILE NOT FOUND: Cannot find Art/Units/BTR152/fortify.flc" Do I need to reinstall? Also, I'm working with Civcomplete. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

12. marcellino4

marcellino4 Chieftain

13. marcellino4

marcellino4 Chieftain

i want to ask you, if somebody have just a little time to make turn, give ENTER and send me save from next turn, please folks help me

marcellino4@azet.sk

14. maidaniuc

maidaniuc Chieftain

Is this one or the one on stormoverciv.com more recent? Or which one is better?

EDIT* Never mind, the one on stormoverciv.com is only the 50's

15. Virote_Considon

Virote_Considon The Great Dictator

But it is also much more recent, with new concepts galore - give it a go! :D

16. Wahsayah

Wahsayah A Commie Comrade.

Me too and nobody is helping out. We'll just have to wait until someone who knows what they're doing notices. :/

17. pvincent100

pvincent100 Chieftain

Can u upload the saved file so I can have a crack at it? My version runs ok... Also try clicking on the saved file and try re-naming it, say you have saved it as 'abc.SAV', copy the file first, then save it to your desktop, then click on the file name so it highlights and rename it 'abc1.SAV'.. Then drop it back to where your Civ3 saved files are and try opening that saved game

18. JPetroski

JPetroski Deity

I am also having this issue..

19. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

Hi JPetroski, I remember your excellent try on the Civ 2 ToT scenario "Over the Reich" :) and wondered what you are posting in the Civ 3 forums. Than I saw your problem.

TCW is a very old Civ 3 scenario, but it still is interesting, as there is no other Civ 3 scenario that covers the complete periode from 1950-1991. As El Justo still could have some problems with the consequences of storm "Sandy", I try to give you an answer:

On my pc that scenario runs without problems (at least in the first turns) with the following configuration:

CivComplete; biq TCW 1.5; the TCW folder and the biq in the scenarios folder of C3C.

The entry in the PediaIcons file that gave you problems is:

#ICON_BLDG_Theater
    CULTURE
    art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\templeamerlarge.pcx
    art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\templeeurlarge.pcx
    art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\templeromlarge.pcx
    art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\templemealarge.pcx
    art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\templefealarge.pcx
    art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\templeamersmall.pcx
    art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\templeeursmall.pcx
    art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\templeromsmall.pcx
    art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\templemeasmall.pcx
    art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\templefeasmall.pcx

First you should cheque, if the entry in your PediaIcons file (located in the text folder of the scenario) has the same entry as shown above. If not, copy and paste the entry I posted above, into that entry and save the new file.

If the entry looks like posted above, the scenario can´t find the images in the entry above. The entry above simply is a copy of the temple entry of the epic game and the scenario is looking for the cultural different temple images located in the Arts/Civilopedia/Icons/Buildings folder of the epic game.

As said, the original TCW is a very old scenario and here many of the buildings and wonders entries are linked to existing building images of the epic game -so they still show something completely different as one would expect.

So in a first step of fixing the problem, here I have to know, if you have the same configuration as written above, or if here something is different (another version of the biq, another text entry ...and so on).

20. Tigris of Gaul

Tigris of Gaul Warlord

I was getting the same error:

ERROR READING FILE
    Missing entry in "text\PediaIcons.txt": ICON_BLDG_Theater

I right clicked on the Infogrames Interactive folder, gave the folder permissions, and now I no longer have this error. Hope this helps.