The Cold War Deluxe; 1950-1991

Alright ok, so my problem is that when i end my turn it just hangs until windows 10 tells me the program crashed and isnt responding but im not getting an ingame error message or a crash message. what happens is that i see the ai moves and then a notification sound looping forever. I thought something like debug mode could help me find what the issue is but it seems then, it's not an option unfortunaly

Alright ok, so my problem is that when i end my turn it just hangs until windows 10 tells me the program crashed and isnt responding but im not getting an ingame error message or a crash message.
Obviously I (still!) don't know this mod's particulars, but that kind of crash often indicates that one of the AI-Civs is trying to do something illegal, such as unloading an 'Immobile' unit from a ship onto a non-city land-tile.

Or (if the game allows Settler-type units to be built), there may be a 'houseboat' somewhere on the map (i.e. a naval transport unit with a Settler aboard, belonging to an AI-Civ which just lost its last city): the game is trying to eliminate the AI, but failing because that AI still has a surviving pop-point.

Or it might simply be that the mod is so huge, that the engine is taking its own sweet time making all the necessary end-of-turn calculations of trade routes, etc.* On Huge+ maps with a full 31 Civs, this can sometimes take a looong time -- so it may look like the game has crashed, but if you let it sit for a while, it will eventually finish.

*(The Civ3 executable began development in the very late 90s, when players would mostly still be using single-core processors -- so a modern multicore machine may not significantly speed up the interturn processing).

Like I said before, though, you'd be much better advised posting/moving this question somewhere folks familiar with the mod are more likely to see it.

Obviously I (still!) don't know this mod's particulars, but that kind of crash often indicates that one of the AI-Civs is trying to do something illegal, such as unloading an 'Immobile' unit from a ship onto a non-city land-tile.

Or (if the game allows Settler-type units to be built), there may be a 'houseboat' somewhere on the map (i.e. a naval transport unit with a Settler aboard, belonging to an AI-Civ which just lost its last city): the game is trying to eliminate the AI, but failing because that AI still has a surviving pop-point.

Or it might simply be that the mod is so huge, that the engine is taking its own sweet time making all the necessary end-of-turn calculations of trade routes, etc.* On Huge+ maps with a full 31 Civs, this can sometimes take a looong time -- so it may look like the game has crashed, but if you let it sit for a while, it will eventually finish.

*(The Civ3 executable began development in the very late 90s, when players would mostly still be using single-core processors -- so a modern multicore machine may not significantly speed up the interturn processing).

Like I said before, though, you'd be much better advised posting/moving this question somewhere folks familiar with the mod are more likely to see it.
If debug mode isnt available how can i find out its either of these problems? This mod is not supposed to have settlers, so it would be weird if it was something like that, and i have let the computer run its turn for a half hour straight and it kept hanging.

Does anyone still have the downloads for the main folder and .biq file?

All the links in the last few pages are dead.

I still have the files. I'll upload the ones I can.

Attachments

• TCW1.6.zip
    106.8 KB · Views: 50
I still have the files. I'll upload the ones I can.

Hmmm....that's the .biq, the zip file I have for the other files is 175.9 Mb, limit on upload here is 29.3 MB. Any suggestions on uploading?

Hmmm....that's the .biq, the zip file I have for the other files is 175.9 Mb, limit on upload here is 29.3 MB. Any suggestions on uploading?
Ah, re-zipped it as .7z. Hopefully this will work.

Attachments

• TCW.7z
    1.4 MB · Views: 58

FWIW, I've toyed with it a bit from the perspective of the UAE. Here are those files if you're interested.

Attachments

• TCW1.6-Daniel.zip
    110.2 KB · Views: 44
Ah, re-zipped it as .7z. Hopefully this will work.

Hmmm...that file looks incomplete. I tried zipping everything, but it's still over the 29.3 MB limit. How's the best way to upload it? Total zipped file (using .7z compression) is at 149 MB.

Hmmm...that file looks incomplete. I tried zipping everything, but it's still over the 29.3 MB limit. How's the best way to upload it? Total zipped file (using .7z compression) is at 149 MB.
You'll need to upload via an external site.

I apologise for another thread necromancy but does someone have *.biq files for the version of TCW that was geared at 50's (TCW Fifties I think). It had a different unit and tech tree compared to TCW 1.6 spanning a period from 1950 to 1960.

I apologise for another thread necromancy but does someone have *.biq files for the version of TCW that was geared at 50's (TCW Fifties I think). It had a different unit and tech tree compared to TCW 1.6 spanning a period from 1950 to 1960.

Here are the .biq files. If you don't have the other files (Art, Sounds, Text, etc), please let me know.

Attachments

• TCW Fifties 23 May.rar
    875.5 KB · Views: 15
Top Bottom