1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Comings, Goings and New arrivals thread

Discussion in 'Picture Threads Archive' started by Abaddon, Jan 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. h4ppy

h4ppy You sir, pineapple?

I am going away again, in disgust. I bet I'll be banned or something for this post but here it goes. Over the month and a half or so since I've seen my feelings change from the bordom that drove me away before to the utter hatred I have for many of the people here now. I was originally going to name names again but since it will just be erased I think I'll go with a more general list.

1. Hypocrits. Not really much to say about it but it is prevelent here.

2. Stupid debates, I know I've posted my fair share of dumb stuff over the years but its getting ridiculous.

3. Poor/uneven/too strict admining. I remember reading an admin complain that people were going around the language barrier and that this was not permisable. yet when I report people for going around the censor I see that the admins do nothing about it. I also not that the admins crack down on some people way more than they do on others. As for the strictness, I find that I am unable to post a negative opinion on anything without fear of being banned, so I am not going to post here anymore.

4. Retreads. I think I complained about this last time but this is slightly different. These are direct retreads, worthless things like them should be closed and deleted. Like lets say a "Flame Warriors" thread, which seems to pop up every third month or so. Oh and that are you mentally ill thread thats been posted at least ten times.

5. The people. There are about twenty-five or so people on my ignore list. Around twenty-four have been added for stupid opinions, (most are liberals but I have some conservative idiots in it as well,) two for being just plain stupid, and Stapel, for a stupid "don't call it soccer" post in sports. I really hate that **** even though I do actually like soccer. There's a reason that I don't post in the sports forum here and stupid crap like that is one of the big reasons that I don't.

6. I still can't get CIVIV to work. And its pissing me off, Oblivion can't keep me occupied forever.

7. Elitism. It doesn't come up often but it is here and I hate it.

8. I won't be back again. Seriously this is it.

2. Fifty

Fifty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before your post gets deleted (which I hope it doesn't!) let me be the first to say that I'm probably not the only person to agree with most of what you have said, although I generally just be annoying rather than get mad. I hope I'm not on your ignore list! You rock! Good luck with life!

3. Urederra

Urederra Mostly harmless

So long, H4ppy. :(

Take care.

4. MjM

MjM Deity

5. The 777 Hoax

The 777 Hoax future skeleton

Yes, farewell. Hope everything goes well for you. Take care. :)

6. h4ppy

h4ppy You sir, pineapple?

You were my favorite poster here. (last post, I swear)

7. MjM

MjM Deity

8. Fifty

Fifty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha cool well okay have a good life man!

9. Narz

Narz keeping it real

Cheers h4ppy, accenuate the positive, eliminate the negative. All the best on your noncivfanatical travels.

I'm moving to San Diego county, California (from New Jersey) so I will be on the road with my girlfriend, two cats and a car filled to the brim. I won't have internet until April 6th (unless I can somehow get it at a motel along the way).

Once there I'm going to focus on "getting a life" - making friends, finding work, getting in a positive routine. I love this forum and enjoy my time here and have no regrets but I definitely will be focusing more attention on my flesh and blood (as opposed to virtual) life in the future.

I will definitely be stopping by from time to time (probably once, twice a week or more) though. I love this little community!

Oh, and I fixed the link in my sig. :)

10. Abaddon

Abaddon Deity

everyone comes back... because everywhere else suffers the same problems, only worse.

11. Richard Cribb

Richard Cribb He does monologues

Don't worry, there will be enough cry-babies left to pass on your heritage of immature rants.
    Good luck in growing up.:)

12. Jawz II

Jawz II Oh Dear

:D
    i think he will be back.

anyway he is very right wing, but he is entitled to that, i dont have a problem with right wing people as long as they can keep discussions civil, and a big majority of them do.

you didnt explain what your sig means?

13. Sidhe

Sidhe Deity

You should lighten up a bit, if their are 25 people on your ignore list, it's your problem not theirs, the size of ignore list is inversely proportional to your ability to acknowledge others points of view.

Also if you think you've seen Elitism wait till you get a game invovled, long serving members of a gaming community can practically walk willy nilly over the rules with little or no chastisement( I realise there is a game involved here but this is mostly a SP community, correct me if I'm wrong, you should see the blatant favouritism in the MP community it's hilarious) However it's just the way the system works, mods and people out there are far more likely to forgive a friend than a loud mouth or trouble maker you barely know, trust me I can be quite argumentative and a cause of trouble myself, for me it's nice to be a scape goat or to stir the pot, something I do occsionaly in forum situations just to play Devil's advocate and encourage debate(it's not meant to mock or cause harm but I'll use very emotive prose to get people discussing a situation) the key is not to go to far and just piss people off, if you're that annoying to other people be they mods or the regular community that your consistently in trouble, then it's your problem not theirs. Maybe you need a little more maturity, I'm not sure how old you are but being an anarchist to encourage debate is fine, doing it to wind people up deliberately , Or just being a bad tempered poster is pretty sad, you also seem like a very selfish person to me, which won't help you either.

14. Kayak

Kayak Partisan

This is the way I see it as well. I never put someone on the ignore list. You neve know what they may say that you find you agree with at some point.

Next: h4ppy, Mods may not be perfect, but they are pretty darn good for people who do this part time out of a feeling of shared responcibility. If they got paid maybe I'd feel differently. You have to respect their time and effort even if you don't always agree.

15. Richard Cribb

I have no problems with right-wing people either, my friend, and I agree that most of them here are civil. But I can't stomach rudeness and immaturity in one
    package, and I think his post above demonstrates that in abundance beyond any reasonable doubt.
    Re ignorance-list: I used it a couple of times, but for personal rather than ideological reasons.

16. Jawz II

Jawz II Oh Dear

no i know, i was speaking more in general terms. i havent talked much to h4ppy so i wouldnt know.

he did say that he didnt have a problem with the british soldiers beating up the iraqi kids, and i didnt like that. a thing like should be about right or wrong, not about politics.

17. Richard Cribb

I think I only had one exchange of opinions with him, and that was about elementary historical facts or mind-numbing tedium if you so wish.
    But just notice for one thing in his "brilliant" post here his reason for putting one specific poster, mentioned by name, on his ignore-list.
    That speaks volumes.

I completely agree.

18. Urederra

Urederra Mostly harmless

Good luck in your new location, Narz.

19. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

Have fun Narz! Sounds like a lot of fun!

:)

20. Rambuchan

Rambuchan The Funky President

A right winger you can't stand elitism?? :lol:

You're leaving cos they use the term soccer in the sports thread? :crazyeye:

See ya h4ppy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.