The Comings, Goings and New arrivals thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm I'm missing the point here obviously, yes in the 15th century football was banned on the holy day to make sure people practiced the art of the Bowman in England? Yoemanry were forced into practicing the Bow to defend their country against the French. So yes it is football, in the original sense? What are we talking here? The fact that football was invented in England in the traditional sense, or the fact that many of our colonies changed the game, for example American football was based on a mixture of rugby and soccer? Sorry I'm confused here? Football in England is football, any other sport is something else, we invented it we provide the nomnative. If anyone wants to argue what football is invent a time machine destroy the game of the 15th century to the 19th and then try and destroy the FA, that took football into the 20th century?

Sorry I'm obviously missing the point but why would anyone argue that football is anything but an English game based on the fact we invented it? Soccer is football, Australian rules football is football, but based on the original game, Rugby football is based on the people who first picked up a ball and ran with it in their hands?

I'm afraid soccer is just football in a prepackaged foreign form, we invented it 600 years ago and we have the rights to it, get over yourself. The English also invented Baseball based on rounders and cricket, we even won the first world series? Because it was actually a world series before the US grabbed it and only played it amongst themselves. Jeez what is he talking about?

Football is ours we own the rights by 600 years over you, please calm down we were the first to kick a ball through a goal.

Erm am I missing the point here or is this guy just mental?

hey, anybody remember Yom? what happened to him?

I wonder if he will be back...

Im back after having been slightly addicted to myspace for a while. Don't think I'll be on too much next month or so though cause of lacrosse and doing work for AP classes but Im gonna try. I hope at least someone noticed I was gone :) .

he is goin to princeton? i thought he lived in africa, or maybe he is an african living in america?

anyway, its good to know things are goin well for him, thanks.

Yom took my avatar for today.

nonconformist said:
No pithy poem?
Not here, but elsewhere there are some new ones. I started playing a NES game and I get to have great fun with verse in that.

I saw WildFire lurking...haven't seen him in awhile. :)

oh, and you need to respond to my PM. :p

You need to be like the rest of the world and live at home while at college so you get free food and stuff! :) j/k

Yeah I know :p

As for next year, I haven't decided yet if I'm going to stay with the guys I'm livin with now or stay at home.

It'd be a lot easier if I had my own PC, maybe I'll just buy one :p Only problem is, if I do decided to live on my own I'd be taken off my fathers insurance and my car insurance would double

Just stopping by to say I'll be back soon when the dust settles, we've had some serious technical difficulties over the weekend in the office and mostly have a handle on them, at which point I'll be catching up on some sleep.

I'll still visit the other parts of the forum. Mainly game, history or movie-related. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom