1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Contrast Photojournals I: Austria

Discussion in 'Playthroughs and Photojournals' started by CrabHelmet, Aug 21, 2018.

1. CrabHelmet

CrabHelmet King

I have done a completely clean reinstall - this save *definitely* works with a clean version of Civ V and a clean version of Vox Populi/EUI/43 Civ. I can just do normal VP/EUI, but that does require a new map. Let me know what you'd prefer, I don't mind really. It just means rolling Austria starts until I find one that looks !!FUN!!.

2. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

The first one was nice on city states, but a nightmare with the citrus on forest. Also, I really think Austria needs at least one coastal city.

I know! Since this has been asked several times, why don't you pick an isolated small continent so we show how to deal with this?

3. CrabHelmet

CrabHelmet King

Yeah, I thought that start really captured "Tradition, but under difficult circumstances". You have to make up for a bad start.

Okay, I'll get another map up, this time from completely default VP (I am assuming EUI is default).

4. void_genesis

void_genesis Prince

Really looking forward to participating in this and love the idea. I am comfortable on king and enjoy the challenge of emperor but want to learn to increase the difficulty I can take on.

5. CrabHelmet

CrabHelmet King

Attached Files:

6. Owlbebach

Owlbebach Emperor

Since the save works for other people - it should be my problem. But i have no idea what have i done wrong. I really only deleted my own modpack, reinstalled fresh VP with 43 civs, launched it, and "load save" button is not active. @tu_79 did you do anything other than that?
    Modpack is that folder that you make using MPMPM. After that you place it into DLC folder and it loads all the mods as DLC, you don't need to configure mods. Personally i use this even for single player cause loading mods every day is frustration. Also this way you can include some useful mods in the modpack and be sure that there is no mod conflict. I can make it myself also, it really takes just 5 minutes.

Btw right now i have a juicy save with Venice on Deity with removed growth handicap, which i really enjoy. Can share if anyone interested.

7. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

First, I reinstalled the game EUI 43 civs edition.
    Then I copied the savegame to ModdedSave\Single folder, then launched Civ V, loaded all VP mods, plus FlagPromotions, UI improved city view and UI filters in trade routes. Then load game, and there it is. It loads without crashing.

8. Owlbebach

Owlbebach Emperor

Did exactly the same without loading any mods other than clean VP...

9. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Maybe @CrabHelmet is loading those UI mods?

EDIT. By the way, if you happen to distribute the modpack, please, add Flag Promotions and Improved City View. I can't play without them.

10. Owlbebach

Owlbebach Emperor

I use them too of course. @CrabHelmet do you use any other mods? If yes - what version (there are new version of Flag Promotions and Improved City View from Infixo)

This is why i was saying about making Modpack, this will guarantee compatibility

tu_79 likes this.
  11. CrabHelmet

CrabHelmet King

I do not use any other mods at all. As I said: the original was VP EUI with 43 Civs. Absolutely nothing else.

12. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

I'm currently working on Windows 10, could this be it?

13. CrabHelmet

CrabHelmet King

I am also on Windows 10. Does that make a difference to the saves?

14. Tzar Sasha

Tzar Sasha Tzar of Nowheresville

Maybe. I am on Windows 7 64 bit. I also do not have good bandwidth to just up and reinstall whenever. Testing if that solves it is out of the question.

I could generate a map, post the save and see if it can be opened by others.

15. Owlbebach

Owlbebach Emperor

I'm win10 to and running dx11 version, so that should not be the issue.

16. CrabHelmet

CrabHelmet King

Can you open the second save I've uploaded, on this page? If that one works, I'll just use that one.

17. Owlbebach

Owlbebach Emperor

I'll try in the evening.

18. StevenV

StevenV Chieftain

Not for me :undecide:, but technically I am also missing 3 map DLC. I know it is not used for this "scenario" but maybe it is still required by the game.
    Anyway, thank you for your effort but I will skip this now.

19. Tzar Sasha

Tzar Sasha Tzar of Nowheresville

Did not see that second save file when I posted earlier. It does indeed load.

I'll give it a whirl. If nothing else it can be practice.

20. CrabHelmet

CrabHelmet King

We'll run with the second save file then. I'll edit the OP shortly.