The CTP2 Cradle has landed!!!

hexagonian

of the realm of Hexagonia
Disappointed with the extreme micromanagement issues in civ3...?

Disappointed with unbalanced combat results in civ3...?

Disappointed with the extremely weak editing capabilities in civ3, and the lack of a scripting language in civ3, all of which are a standard feature in CTP2??

Do you miss the features in CTP2 that are not in civ3, but are also disappointed with a passive AI in CTP2?

Look no further because Cradle is here!!!

Here's the Link

Cradle is a multi-fan-created Mod that focuses on the Ancient and Medieval Age. Cradle has a very aggressive and improved AI - it implements a set of adjustments in the text files and a host of SLIC files that make the game the challenge it should have been.

Don't believe it?? Check these out!!!

CTP2 Mod Comparison

CTP2/civ3 Comparison

The total Cradle download is approx. 18MB - I am attaching the readme file below so you can get an overview before downloading.

But it is worth it!!!

No its the fact that no CTP1 and 2 players hang out here coz if they actually admit they like the game they cope abuse from Civfan members i know from experience. We all have diffrent ways of finding each other I dont know about everyone but i know skaven clan has 12 members that would be intrested in this and Guardian Clan has about the same who would also like it, we also talk about mods and things in the lobbys b4 we play online games, see unlike Civ3 You can talk and play with ppl online.

Tripa,
Do you still use ICQ?

I sent you a message about a possible bug fix to prevent the cheat in the build queues. Did you get it?

From what I've read, Call to Power II is a rehash of the original in the form of a poorly optimized alpha - in other words, a game that has to be built from the ground up by the player. In fact, the AI's capabilities are so meager that the user must, in a text file, allot more time for the AI to move - similar to chess-playing programs. And don't beseech Activision for anything; they have been too lazy to fully patch it (since it sold very few copies because the original was poor) and add the multiplayer features it promised. Sure, actually "fixing" a floundering title wouldn't have been expedient, but they definitely did a disservice to loyal consumers by not.

That doesn't mean it must be a bad game, but I play games for fun, not to optimize them with mod-packs and revisions of rule texts. Call to Power, the version bearing the Civilization moniker Activision fought in court to use, had none of these scripting features and stand-alone was one of the worst games ever made in terms of micromanagement; it was, for me, a $40+ farce. Why should I buy its sequel?

Or any games for that matter in light of the beta quality of one of the most highly-acclaimed games of all time, Civilization III? When I read that game's reviews from many notable gaming services, I was willing to fork the cash and add requisite hardware in order to play it; it makes me wonder if the gaming and hardware industries along with independent gaming sites are in league with eachother. I've given the game away, only to have it returned because the recipient couldn't put up with having spearmen rout elite tanks. In the end, the gaming magnates only lost a customer, that is, a paying customer...

take that for whatever you will.

Tripa: Multiplayer alone should have been the death knell of Civ III; the least Infrogames could have done was add hotseat and PBEM features. But they are too meek to shift the date to add it, potentially losing a few Christmas shoppers. I'm suprised that many reviews overlooked its absence.

Either way, I wouldn't play a game via internet if it sucked (a la Call to Power and Civ III).

I have all the civilization series and the call to power series . Than like what I said before I donot compare the two to each other as if like compareing apples and oranges.

There were things I liked about CTP2:

Realistic at the begining, then the AI is completely incompatant.
The Battle structure was very well done, and the trading system wasnt all that bad. I like being able to have armies. I could never connect to anyone on the multiplayer, which I didnt know why, now I do. And then technolagy wise, you basically won the second you pressed start.

They need to do a few things to be sucessful with CTP series....sell the name and all knowlage they have about the game to someone who cares about history enough to make it happen. more in depth diplomatacy(civ3 still hasnt touched what CTP2 was about) and The culture value from civ3 whips CTP2.

In closing:
Civ3 need better combat system, more diplomicy, and a revolution factor that CTP2 had. Besides that near perfect

CTP2 Needs:(if anyone cares)
Any kind of AI, a culture system, get rid of time consuming and irretents from the game(stupid corporate stuff, and those super rangers or whatever they are, Lawyers, all those really dumb units that basically sucked) and hampered the gaming experience. More starting civs, and large map, the better.

After seeing the add ons, your mod looks quite impressive, I want to try it, but I am new, just re-installed CTP after a year of sitting on the shelf, so hopefully it is worth it....

Originally posted by bnmac3
CTP2 Needs:(if anyone cares)
Any kind of AI
It already has one, just download one (or several) of the mods...

More starting civs, and large map, the better.

More than 32 starting civs? :eek: What are you playing on, a Cray (=Supercomputer)?

Larger map? I don't think there's currently really a limit to mapsize, except that with really big maps the AI starts behaving odd, from what I've heard. (You can change mapsizes in const.txt if you want bigger ones).

Top Bottom