1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Cult of the Dragon

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by felwar, Dec 18, 2007.

1. kumquatelvis

kumquatelvis Prince

Can inquisitors still remove the cult, or does that no longer work because it's not longer a true religion?

2. overdark

overdark Chieftain

I'm glad the cult is being toned down. It's absolutely crippling when early on your capital is producing 80 or 90% of your commerce, and suddenly it's in unrest for 3+ turns (depending if cult tries to spread while in revolt).

3. kenken244

kenken244 Grammar Nazi

I don't understand why the cult should even cause revolt if you try to keep it out. I mean, not letting in a cult that is babbling about nonsense for all your people are concerned should not make them produce absolutly nothing for a while. If anything i would suggest that it simply causes temporary unhappiness or better yet, have one option that keeps it out and cause unhappiness, one option that lets it in, and another option that makes the cult less likely to spread into that city and to a lesser extent your entire civ, but causes revolt. That way, you can choose to continue with what you are doing now and risk it coming back, or have it mess you up a lot now but make it less likely that you will be hurt when you are doing something more important

4. jan030

jan030 Chieftain

I would say put in more annoying things. It makes playing fun. But thats from one who has the builder playing style, so its nice if something happens.......lol

5. Nimbus

Nimbus Prince

playing in a hotseat game last night under patch C, got hit by CotD while building a settler and on last turns before founding a religion, so i let in in. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Got hit by events 3 times in next 18 turns and altogether 7 times in first 53 turns. Was surprised when my city was in revolt that the cultural borders did not collapse in upon itself, but could never get rid of it. This guild/event really seems to go against the mods original credo of bringing new things in of "is it fun or is it just flavorful" there is nothing fun or interesting about this event and makes me wish there was an option to disable the CotD, just like you can disable a religion at game option if you so wish.

6. Vatras

Vatras Warlord

Just an observation:

The cult does have an impact later in game, after a dragon has been created. Then units in cities which have the cult may go over to a dragon within close range, and the cult becomes an unexpected menace.

7. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

As I said, I didn't have any negative event after I let them in. And besides, since I would lose 3 turns every 5 in my main city, I don't really see another solution but letting them in.

8. Joxer

Joxer Warlord

I let them in because I was tired of the 3 turns of unrest. That was when the real problems arose in my capital.

The cult would sabotage my production! I would get a nice event that tells me they have sabotaged all production in the capital and I had 2 choices.

1. Lose all production, nothing I can do
    2. Lose all production, burn the heretics, 25% to remove cult, 2 turns of unrest

Obvious choice was 2, try to remove them.

With the amount of production the capital carries in the early game this is pretty crippling. Especially since it is always founded in the early parts of the game and can be spread without trade routes, missionaries, or open borders.