1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The day Chivalry was born

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Citizens' started by {WarHammer}, Aug 16, 2008.

1. {WarHammer}

{WarHammer} Chieftain

I, Warhammer, a great warlord from Edorai, made the long trip to New Giruvegan under orders of Provoshogun. Most of the religious men of fighting age were refusing to join the ranks. They thought of soldiers as barbaric pillagers with no dignity or code of ethics. I was angry I could not lead a legion into babylon and take the mighty Capital. Instead I am to visit the Holy Church of Giruvegan and convince the Ibbinise congregation to join the war effort.

The Church was a magnificient site to behold. As I approached the door I was stopped by the PoF's elite gaurdsmen. "What is your business with the Church?" asked the captain. "I am a Warlord from Edorai and my business is with the congregation. We hear the men will not serve their King and fight the Babylonians" just as I finished speaking the last word there came a voice from behind me "I am Ivan, a High Priest of Giruvegan, the followers of faith are not barbarians to be used as the Kings pawns." I responded by pointing to the Faiths Elite Gaurd brastened in shining armor with the crest of the church on their breastplates. "Do you not have warriors within your ranks?". "WarHammer, these are not the barbaric soldiers of yesteryear. These are men of faith, whose calling is to protect the Faith". Ivan said with the smile a father would give his ignorant child. "But Ivan, without the Kings army there would be no Faith to protect. Let us turn a page in time, where are soldiers are not looked at as barbarians, but as protectors." With a look of shock Ivan began to speak "A moral warrior but that is proposterio......" He couldn't even finish the sentence before his gaurdsmen were looking him right in the eye. I finished by asking him to let me train the men of the Church alongside the Gaurdsmen. We could have never imagined what the impact would be of that conversation in front of the Church. The day Chivalry was born.

2. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Well done, {WarHammer}. I'm wondering if this story goes here or in the main DG page with the history posts. But a great contribution, none the less.

3. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Awesome!:goodjob: Please continue!

4. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

I told him to put it here because he said he wanted a Knight named after him. It morphed more into an RP story and I forgot to tell him to put it in the RP forum. So I'll put it in the needed things so a mod can move it.

5. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

Great Story. We should name an Edorai Knight after him (After Heroic Epic and Military Instructor), Sir Warhammer.

6. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Or Imperial Knights!

7. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

Yes, Imperial Knights.