The Deity Challenge Line-up #25 - Venice's Fool

Acken

Deity
Welcome to the Deity Challenge Line-up!

- The spreadsheet of all challenge finishers to date has been updated and is available here.
Rules:
Spoiler :

This was a fortnightly event, but the schedule has changed and new games will now be posted every 10 days.

- All the games in this series are set to Deity difficulty.
- User civilizations, maps, and opponents change with each challenge, but the game speed is always set to Standard and the starting era is always Ancient.
- We try for a variety of starts
- This isn't a competition so there will be no predefined victory conditions.
- If you complete 5 challenges, your name will be added to the 'Top Finishers' list.

* We welcome all comments and write-ups and invite you to post screenshots of key moments and the moment of victory (if you are successful), but please use the spoiler tag if you post a picture, make a comment about which civs are in the game, or about wonders, or locations of ancient ruins, etc.

* In short, if it’s information you can only know by playing the game, don’t spoil it for others by divulging this information in the open. Thank you for your co-operation

New - For better view please put your results in bold letters so that the person that updates the spreadsheet can quickly see it.

DCL Game #25
You: Venice
Map Type:
Spoiler :
Pangea

Very Easy difficulty
Domination and Time are the only activated victory conditions

There are also a number of non-standard settings but I have no idea what they would be !

Starting Location:
Spoiler :

Settings: Quick combat/movement (turn it back on if you would like)
Everything else is set to default.
Game Version - 1.0.3.276
Downloadable Content: – G&K, BNW, Conquest of the New World Deluxe, Genghis Khan's Mongolia, Harold Bluetooth's Denmark, Isabella’s Sapin and Pachacuti's Incan Empire, Kamehameha's Polynesian Empire, Nebuchadnezzar's Babylon, Sejong The Great's Korea, Wonders of the Ancient World. The map packs are intentionally excluded.

Schedule
Spoiler :

Game #1 20/06/14 The Zulu Pangaea
Game #2 04/07/14 America Continents
Game #3 18/07/14 Persia Continents
Game #4 01/08/14 Sweden Pangaea
Game #5 15/08/14 The Inca Pangaea
Game #6 29/08/14 Byzantium Continents
Game #7 12/09/14 Ethiopia Pangaea
Game #8 26/09/14 Mongolia Pangaea
Game #9 10/10/14 Rome Small Continents
Game #10 24/10/14 Polynesia Terra
Game #11 07/11/14 Morocco Pangaea
Game #12 21/11/14 The Maya Continents
Game #13 05/12/14 Indonesia Continents
Game #14 19/12/14 (Xmas Special) The Netherlands Small Continents
Game #15 19/12/14 (Xmas Special) Poland Pangaea
Game #16 02/01/15 China Pangaea
Game #17 16/01/15 Germany Pangaea
Game #18 23/01/15 OCC Babylon Continents
Game #19 02/02/15 Aztecs Pangea
Game #20 12/02/15 Spain Terra
Game #21 20/02/15 India Continents
Game #22 28/02/15 Brazil Pangea
Game #23 10/03/15 Huns Continents
Game #24 20/03/15 Arabia Pangea
Game #25 30/03/15 (April Fool's) Venice Pangea

I hope you all enjoy the map!

If you have any comments, questions or would like to submit a map for consideration for future challenges, please send an email to: deitychallenge@outlook.com
*Temporary kept the same mail address, may change in the future - Acken

Please note that submitted maps MUST have map packs disabled, so those who do not have them can enjoy the challenge. To do this, you MUST go into the DLC option from the Main Menu and untick the options ‘Scrambled Nations’, ‘Explorers Map Pack’ and ‘Scrambled Continents’. You will need to do this EVERY TIME you start a new game, or just simply delete the map packs. I suggest you disable these map DLCs on steam directly. Steam will uninstall them, just reactivate them when you need them. Thanks.

Attachments

• DCL #25 Venice - April Fool.Civ5Save
    509.9 KB · Views: 425
I assume this map has been ridiculously tinkered with? Is that why we start with 3 MoV and a million salt/wheat/sheep?

You can probably rush t200 XCOMS and end the game in 3 turns.

PS: Actually, I have never tried the Giant Death Robot or stealth bombers, so this might just be the time.

A playable Venice map. An achievement in itself! :D

I am so confused. Why is Shaka the color of Poland, and why is Bulawayo his capital?

Yeah this map is obviously a work of art similar to the Spain map. Awesome

Also, I'd assume to give Venice a fair chance, all AIs have been lobotomized :D :D

Going to download. Also going to assume no city states/blocked in

Spoiler :
Taking a break at 1 AD (Turn150 ish) almost at machinery and suddenly Korea DoW me, total blindside. I'm not a Deity player at all, so just having fun with this stupid start. Fun allies. Got to say its hard to know who to DoW when they say I've had it up to here with Shaka. "Yes, I'm sure you have, which color Shaka"

Right off the bat nabbed Zurich, idk why. Then I realized I wasn't completely isolated. Shaka nearby (T70~?)DoW me, takes it. I set up a defensive line, I have some excess workers so I just make some forts. Luckily AI only attacks with like one impi at a time. So I had to scramble to make a lot of comp bows

I did hit most of the usual science benchmarks, but when you don't correctly prioritize (so i grabbed a wonder or two...bad desicion)

Probably will try again tomorrow

Lol. That looks like a totally silly map. Perfect for April 1st :crazyeye:

Also, i wouldn't be surprised to meet Shaka the peacemonger and Ghandi the conqueror or any other unexpected leader (honorable Dido)

Hah. Maybe every opponent is a Shaka and we have to conquer them all. Might explain that incredible start :lol:

Hah. Maybe every opponent is a Shaka and we have to conquer them all. Might explain that incredible start :lol:

I'm afraid its worse than that. There's a lot going on here. Dont forget you have a GE point cooking at turn 1 along with a tile bonus from Petra.

Wait the city comes with a free Petra? :lol:

can't wait to try it out when I get back home :D :D

Also, how does this involve the usual VCs, do you get bonus points for winning the UN? Do you get to launch multiple spaceships and just churn out Future Tech? Will the universe explode?

There's like 9 visible sheep here. Consider God of the Open Sky.

Wanted to try giant death robots, but I got too impatient, and the first engineer from Petra plus merchants really got in the way of scientists -- plus I did not grow puppets and instead sent trade routes to other civs to save around 50k gold, most of which I used to spam-buy units -- so I decided to pick Clausewitz's Legacy and end the game in 20 turns with Stealth Bombers and XCOMs. Really easy and fun!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 806
T82 population 20

'Nuff said.

No. 20 pop without cargo ships. All cargo ships are making GPT. I'm delaying Optics as long as possible since its pointless early and you don't need it for Colossus, which I got. When I finally get my MoV I will start the cargo ship mayhem. I think I could hit 100 pop (I'm going for points as I've never won that way).

Top Bottom