1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Deity Challenge Line-up #28 - Russia

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by Acken, May 1, 2015.

1. Acken

Acken Deity

Well it is due to me usually going for the culture stuff after schools. Archeology and Refrigeration. Once I got those the great scientists + possible free techs (rat finisher) usually can get me to Internet without needing labs. The thing is... with Refrigeration and Plastics already researched there are not many techs left so building them and having to wait 8 turns before bulbing sounds like a waste of time and money.

2. consentient

consentient Domination!

How many GS did you have?

I spawned a few. Used one for Replaceable Parts and then bulbed 3 at the end. So that makes four.

I guess I never tried to go for Refrigeration before Plastics. Will give that a go next time.

I think that after T180 my overall science was probably higher than yours, but between say T100 and T180 you were tech-ing faster because you had Tradition and a few big cities.

I just didn't want to replay from T0, so I guess the suboptimal things I did before that is where the difference in turns comes from. I hope next time I can get even closer. ;)

I'm sure you appreciate that the competitive spirit you've evoked in me is the ultimate compliment to your skill! You still kick my ass in DomV, SV and DiploV thoroughly, though! My CS-centred play gels really well with CV. Next time I'll cut out the conquest and play Tradition and see if I can get an even better score.

Btw, what do you mean exactly by 8 turns?

3. Acken

Acken Deity

Once you built the labs you need 8 turns for their value to be included in the GS bulbs.

4. consentient

consentient Domination!

Nice. I learn something from you in nearly every post. Cheers! :)

5. Shark Diver

Shark Diver King

Is this still being updated?

I thought it was kinda cool.

6. consentient

consentient Domination!

Yes, it is. Stormtrooper412 is making some cool new tweaks to it. When he's finished, I'll bring it up to date. :)

7. stormtrooper412

stormtrooper412 Peacemongering Turtlesaur

Actually, I sent it 2 days ago :) so, anything that happened in the meantime will not be reflected

8. consentient

consentient Domination!

Not received. Can you send it again please?

9. stormtrooper412

stormtrooper412 Peacemongering Turtlesaur

Done. I used the same destination mail as before, hit me a PM if there's still any issues

10. Shark Diver

Shark Diver King

Thanks guys, please post when it is up and running. I think I'll try another one of the recent DCL's today.....crappy weather means I'm not in the water all weekend.

11. Acken

Acken Deity

The new spreadsheet link should be
    here

12. consentient

consentient Domination!

If anyone finds any errors in the spreadsheet, please PM me and I will fix it. The bigger it gets, the harder it is to keep fully accurate. :D

13. Shark Diver

Shark Diver King

I'm having a really tough time reading the spreadsheet due to the format. Black background just doesn't work for me, I guess.

14. Grendeldef

Grendeldef Trancerelic

It's not just you; it's the human eye - much better suited for spotting bright stuff from dark background than the other way around.

15. budweiser

budweiser King of the Beers

Bring us Austria for Mother's Day!

16. consentient

consentient Domination!

Are y'all saying you want me to change it back?

17. Grendeldef

Grendeldef Trancerelic

I don't really care either way as it's still readable, I was just stating a fact.
    Books, papers etc generally aren't printed black on white just by accident or purely because white paper is easier to make and comps aren't that different. It's readability/practicality/convenience issue.

18. Shark Diver

Shark Diver King

Well I just got my 1st set of reading glasses, and am still getting used to them, so anything you can do to make it easier to read helps me.

19. Nigel_Tufnel2

Nigel_Tufnel2 King

Thanks for updating the spreadsheet! I would suggest adding the Civ name at the top of each page - the numbers don't mean much to me (other than DCL 9). :lol:

20. consentient

consentient Domination!

There is an Index page, Nige, with all of the games and civs listed. See attachment.