The demo has a second map.

Ferrum Rex

Warlord
Just when I've all but exhausted the demo, I choose to play a cheiftian egyptians game. Imagine my surprise to a new starting point. Not the desert mountain area to the east of the romans and north of the greek. It wasn't the sometimes staring place of the zulu, south of the aztecs and romans, west of the greeks. Call me crazy but it is a different map. has anyone else seen this?

yeh i played chieftan with romas, on a new map i think they have updated the demo or something, or maybe i missed it before :D.

It's the same physical map but the starting locations are moved around a bit and the resources are in different places. I use two different logins on on PS3 and I've had this happen twice on both.

I've played on 4 different maps now. If you play on Warlord you get a different map than on chieftain(and Rome and Egypt have different maps on Chieftain...not sure about on Warlord) and in my lone MP game(which the other guy left partway through), I was on a completely different map.

Yea, I retract my earlier statement I got a new map when I got on earlier. There was way less landmass and a crapload of islands.

It's the same physical map but the starting locations are moved around a bit and the resources are in different places. I use two different logins on on PS3 and I've had this happen twice on both.

that was the old map, this one is new and you start in the same position both times, won't be trying the egyptians i hat the oracle wonder they start off with in this one, the oracle sucks.

I think thats a bug actually. If you build instead of recieve it, it will give you the option of attacking instead of just not allowing it.

Yea, I retract my earlier statement I got a new map when I got on earlier. There was way less landmass and a crapload of islands.
As I first thought you was right the first time as now confirmed by 2K Elizabeth
i just checked with the team and that demo map is the same one you started with. it's the same map, your starting places are changing slightly.

however, i'm glad that the map is varied enough that it seems new!
P.S no wonder I never got to the second map.

she's wrong though :eek:

I had explored the original map entirely in my first two times playing through the demo, and have played through 2 more maps since then...one in MP, and one in SP.

It is most certainly a different map.

it's no question for me its a different map. certain features you could recognize as common,such as mountains and resource placements. My first bout with the new map there were no reconisable points, no matter which way you turned the map, or mirroired or what have you. This second is a bit more fun with increased land, but both have their virtues. Unfortunately i only had one starting point on the new map, and the old map won't come back(variable difficultys and characters).

I just posted this over at the official forum. Sid wanted me to tell you guys that the demo is using the Game of the Week algorithm to unlock a new map each week. Should help to pass the time until the release. :)

I noticed I got the new map after reconnecting my PS3 online. Still one of my ps3 accounts still uses the old map. It's good to know the map will change weekly. Thanks

I've played several times with both civs and both degrees of difficulty - maps don't change. My point of reference is always Ankor Wat which is in the lower right portion of the map below the Egyptian Costline.

I've played several times with both civs and both degrees of difficulty - maps don't change. My point of reference is always Ankor Wat which is in the lower right portion of the map below the Egyptian Costline.

The new map has no ankor wat but does have the confucian monestary.

Speaking of those artifacts, I finally found Atlantis, but am having a hell of a time getting that thrid artifact. Anybody else find it? Or does it just not exist?

Speaking of those artifacts, I finally found Atlantis, but am having a hell of a time getting that thrid artifact. Anybody else find it? Or does it just not exist?
The current map has the Monastery thing for Great People due east of Rome (if you are Roman) reachable by galley.

Due west of Rome is a gold artifact worth around 300 gold when you grab it (I think it scales to your age).

Top Bottom