The demo is just 1 fixed map!

kaltorak

Emperor
How disappointing. Game crashed and I had to restart... and I got the same map. I tried, restarted, and each time I got the same map.
There is no map generator with the demo, just 1 map to play on
:(

Its a demo, you're not supposed to play it much. It's there so you can test your graphics, play with the new UI, and get a taste of the game.

If they gave us even two maps with the demo, that would be too much.

Like the game? Buy it!

Don't like the game? Don't buy it, and remove the demo from your hard drive while you're at it.

Can't spring the retail price at present? Well... YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

Can't obtain retail because you don't live in NA? Three more days, comrade. Three more days.

Civilization 5 demo now installed and played. Looks like candy and sounds like bling bling.

- Still quite confusing about units not shown but added to city shield numbers, why? Old system unit/stack stands on city was more clear.
- Game play made dammn slow and i mean all slow notifications bright balls to make have epileptic attack, why?
- Strenghts system made too confusing.
- Why city borders do not expand systemathematically but random, can't figure out why? Makes nations city placing like random job so there's no strategic needed which makes it bit dull.

+ Anyway looks so good and runs fine on highest details.
+ Leaders speaks they own language.

You need to remember that some of us already bought the game but need the demo to preserve sanity until Friday.

Addendum:

Preserving Sanity? That's why you are willingly frustrated [until Friday!].

Hmm 3 different Civs and all difficulty levels I think. Pretty decent for a demo.

Enough to carry me over to the full game easily, but then I've little gaming time atm.

Of course it's one map. That wasn't so hard to guess in advance, since we're talking about a (free) demo. I'll keep myself entertained with this one until Friday.

I enjoy the graphics. The landscape is very picturesque, and animations seem alright. I didn't know that you could actually see wonders being constructed outside of your cities. There is one thing that I'm wondering, though. I sometimes get leaders to pop up with mockery. You can either say "You'll pay for this in time" or "Very well". Does anyone know what's up with this?

Can someone tell me whose civs are in the demo please I can't wait 1 hour to find out.

Different starting locations for sure
Don't get the shield above cities, how the hell do you break a city now
Archers which are amongst the earliest range units do 0 damage on cities so there useless against them (more or less)

Can someone tell me whose civs are in the demo please I can't wait 1 hour to find out.
As far as I know:

Greece (you);
Rome;
Germany;
Egypt;
Another civilization that I did not discover;
And of course a number of city states. I've seen Florence, Stockholm and Tyre.

As far as I know:

Greece (you);
Rome;
Germany;
Egypt;
Another civilization that I did not discover;
And of course a number of city states. I've seen Florence, Stockholm and Tyre.

We can only play as Greece?:confused: That sucks in the civ4 demo you could play the others:(

Playable: Greece, Egypt, Persia

The AI civs are Germany, England, Rome and the other two playable civs.

Top Bottom