The Desert and the Mountain - Empires of Africa

Congratulations on an amazing game! I have tons of fun on this mod. One of the reasons I became a member was so I could congratulate you on this game and the rood.
I am having only one problem. around 1124 years a warning pops up that says exactly this. File Not Found! "Art/Units/King Arab/x_Abu Bakr fidget.flc." That file is in the exact place it is describing. But, the game is adamant I am a fool who doesn't know what I'm doing. Maybe a little help?

Sorry to epic bump, but there is an error when you select the units section of the civilopedia. Apparently there are no Ayyubid Archer pcxs. It's annoying how I can't check the civilopedia of this otherwise top-notch scenario.

http://img210.imageshack.us/my.php?image=arabianarcherdoesntexis.jpg

Game crashed quite early sadly.

Arabian archer doesn't exist in civilopedia.
Should I be worried about other units to?

Now I just clicked "units" on civilopedia and it crashes to...despite the fact that I can look on my units and other units by clicking on them. Wtf ?

Also If I may add a suggestion for a future updated if ever (I'll probably change it myself). The Slave markets are quite powerfull and unrealistic. IMO they should give -1 in happiness to represent the slaves.

Game crashed quite early sadly.

Arabian archer doesn't exist in civilopedia.
Should I be worried about other units to?

Now I just clicked "units" on civilopedia and it crashes to...despite the fact that I can look on my units and other units by clicking on them. Wtf ?

There is no pcx file for many of the units (Ayubbid Archer as well, IIRC)

Damnit now the game crashed when I just wanted to build the Ethiopian Horseman.

Said there was no INI file...

This scenario is so damn good...yet so buggy :( And there hasn't been an update since october 08...DARN IT!

I can't bother this anymore...Has anyone tried a civ that works without crashing?

OK, I've fixed these problems with a new patch, which I've attached to this post and also added to the main download page. This zip file contains a new Desert folder, so put this into your Scenarios folder and allow it to make changes to the existing Desert folder.

Sorry about this - amazing that neither I nor anyone else spotted these problems before. One or two of the pedia icons still don't display properly, but this will not disrupt the game (I would correct the images but I don't have the ability on my current computer).

If you spot any more problems like this please let me know and I'll try to sort them out.

Attachments

• DesertPatch.zip
    28.1 KB · Views: 777
One or two of the pedia icons still don't display properly, but this will not disrupt the game (I would correct the images but I don't have the ability on my current computer).

If you could point them out I'd be happy to take a look. :)

Hi awesome game. I had a great time as Ethiopia. I crushed Falasha early on. If you get heir Runners out in the open they are sitting ducks and I took my coastal city back. I weathered Adal's attacks and then I went on the offensive and began to pillage their territory and then I built up an army and then I conquered Adal and unified all of the Horn. It was a hard and bloody fight though but Ethiopia became powerful.

One thing I thought only Ethiopia could build on mountains but in my game the Alwah and the Quarazadri (sp?) also built on the mountains.

I had a great time as Ghana. I flagged until the end when I just spammed Wangara Traders and had a rite of passage with the Almorvarids. After that, I won in like 5 turns.

Looks like a great scenario. I'll have to d/l it once the civfanatics server fixes (seems to be disabled at the moment).

Awesome scenario. Playing as Beta Israel (aka Falasha), I took out Ethiopia rather early and am very close to destroying Adal (reduced to one-size cities). Next is Nubia.

Top Bottom