1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Desert and the Mountain - Empires of Africa

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by Plotinus, Nov 8, 2005.

1. MasterBratac

MasterBratac Chieftain

Uh oh one more issue. I tried a game as Beta-Israel but when I open the tech tree I get this message:

Load Error
    File Not Found
    "art\civilopedia\icons\units\x2_Assassin civpedia sm.pcx"
    The game will now exit

I tried the suggestions written a couple of pages ago dealing with assassins (copying and pasting the art into the folder, etc.) but the problem persists. How do I deal with this new challenge? :confused:

2. MasterBratac

MasterBratac Chieftain

Never-mind, I figured out the issues with the assassin! Now I've started a game with Beta Israel and it's very fun!

3. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

It's one of those things that happens from time to time that's high on many people's troubleshoot list.
    Especially people like me who unzip files that way on purpose. Having Civ installed in a non-standard way, that makes it easier to move scenarios like this that have multiple biqs. At the cost of remembering one extra step on the install.

4. EDaddy

EDaddy Warlord

I just finished playing Ethiopia in Civ 5 Gods & Kings and it was a blast to play once I finally figured out how to keep up in the science race. Obviously, I won that game culturally which is fitting since that's the whole object of Ethiopia in this scenario!

Ethiopia was added almost a month ago as part of the Gods & Kings expansion pack. Although Ethiopia was good enough in Civ 4, it is even better in Civ 5! To fit the theme of the expansion pack, Firaxis decided to make the leader Haile Selassie, who the Rastafarians consider their god. They believe that he will lead them into a paradise called Zion.

Anyways, in the Civ 5 expansion, Ethiopia gets a 20% attack bonus if it gets into a fight with another unit belonging to another civilization that controls more cities than Ethiopia. Furhtermore, Ethiopia has a rifleman replacement which gets an attack bonus when fighting in hills, forest, or jungle! On top of that, if it fights near the Ethiopian capital (Addis Ababa), it gets another attack bonus depending on how close the unit is to the capital. The closer the unit fights to the capital, the bigger its bonus!

The Stele also makes its comeback from Civ 4. Like in Civ 4, it replaces the monument which requires no technology to build. Unlike Civ 4 though in which the Stele was very useful for a culture victory with its 25% culture boost, the Stele in Civ 5 produces faith (which is needed in Civ 5 to found a religion.) Since Ethiopia gets this building at the start of the game and most of the other civilizations can't even produce any faith until the discovery of pottery (the Celts are an exception), the Ethiopians are guaranteed in most games to be the first to found a religion. In the many attempts I did to win a game with them, I was always the first to found a religion except in one game (because of the Celts who can get faith straight away by drawing it from forest tiles!)

Anyways, when I finally won with them, it was a joy to play, so I am going to try for a cultural victory in your scenario and possibly maybe in Civ 4! I will post the results when I eventually get to that game.

P.S. I am so glad the Civ 3 community is not dead. I skimmed through the forum and it looks like mods and scenarios are still being created/updated from time to time. I might not play Civ 3 that much anymore, but when I do, it is still a blast to play!

5. Donkeyman

Donkeyman Chieftain

And this has what to do with this scenario...?

6. Thrust123

Thrust123 Prince

7. Node60

Node60 Warlord

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    Thrust123 likes this.
  8. Thrust123

Thrust123 Prince

9. Takhisis

Takhisis is it fall yet

I also have a copy, should anyone need it. Drop me a Visitor Message or Private Message (the latter have been renamed to ‘conversations’ in the new forum.

10. Takhisis

Takhisis is it fall yet

I have been asked to reupload this to the database resources and, with Plotinus' approval, the file is now back up.

Thorvald of Lym likes this.
  11. Immortal7777

Immortal7777 Chieftain

For some reason the game keeps crashing on me. I don't get any error message it just breaks at random times and closes

12. Takhisis

Takhisis is it fall yet

Are you sure that there's no error message at all?

If you're running on Windows, are you getting any other error messages?

13. Immortal7777

Immortal7777 Chieftain

Well It doesn't seem to be an issue with missing files. It just says civ 3 has stopped responding and closes. It's just this mod for some reason. I am not sure if it's on my end or what.

14. Takhisis

Takhisis is it fall yet

:confused: As far as I know the files aren't corrupted.

15. Immortal7777

Immortal7777 Chieftain

It must be on my end. I just have to save a lot.

Anyway It's a great MOD, I took over saladin's kingdom

16. Theov

Theov Deity

Can anyone upload a copy of this mod??

17. Node60

Node60 Warlord

18. Takhisis

Takhisis is it fall yet

If all else fails I have a copy of this mod in my hard drive. :)

19. Plotinus

Plotinus Philosopher Administrator

Thank you! I have it on my desktop too but I'm not sure how or where to upload it now.

20. Takhisis

Takhisis is it fall yet

You can use Google Drive, I suppose, and edit the file upload to link to it.