The Despot Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
Out from the wilderness, tribal leaders gather around one man. The man speaks of leadership, of conquest of their enemies - the barbarian raiders that constantly rain down upon the villages, and acquiring wealth. This is the NPC Despot, Markus Viviano (OOC: I sure hope we have Rome or something. ;)).

Character Name: Markus Viviano
Character Gender: Male
Character Stat: dead
Character Health: no vital signs
Character Age: 29
Caste: (NPC Character)

Agility - 5
Discipline - 20
Charisma - 20
Constitution - 5
Intelligence - 15

Belligerent, Intellectual, Tracking

Markus is a ripe young leader, from a roving militia family that have fought off Barbarians. Having had his father taken away by Barbs, and his uncle turn on his village, he trusts no one, not even his advisors. He also likes wealth and has plenty of possessions from his hunting activities.

Markus Viviano: [Address to the militia family] My colleagues! Once again, the barbarians are being sent in from the north! Assemble our axemen and men with wooden spears! The encampment is just beyond the light forest about a day's walk (OOC: 8 miles) from here.

Little did they know, that the despot had planned a 2nd barbarian invasion from the east. The people were restless, but still didn't believe their lives were in any great danger. "People only react in fear" was the despot's motto, and he knew that this would be a motivation. The ONLY motivation to get what the despot wanted:

There were sightings of plentiful deer and other game to the east. Not in mass quantities, but enough to sustain a small village. There were also brilliant colored stones and rocks that the despot wanted as their palace. There was a hostile tribe in that direction that the people refused to confront. The despot had actually hired some mercinaries to 'scare' the poplace. Still, the despot doesn't trust them 100%...

John Moretti walks along the grass path on his way to work, he grumbles about the barbarians, about Monica's loud mouth, when he suddenly sees the leader himself, Markus Viviano. Surrounded by his entourage, he approaches John, peculiar, he thinks
Markus: You, I've noticed you before, you are the runner correct? He stares at John, John keeps his head down, for fear of insulting his most sovreign leader

John: That's right, is there anything I can do for you? John looks up

Markus: I'm always seeking to expand the territories, do you not agree this is a worthy goal?

John: Absolutely, we may need more food in the future.

Markus: HA! Food, it may be a decent idea to look into that afterward, but for now, I need you to serve me. Will you? or must I look to someone else to help our people?

John: Oh no, I wouldn't think of turning down an offer like this, what can I do for you? Anything, just ask, Ill do it.

Markus: Good, you can serve me well, I need you to head past the deer hunting grounds to the east, and look to see what lies beyond. Wealth, or doom, your return will be the only indicator of which.

John: I have a companion, may she accompany me as well?

Markus: If you so desire.

and with that, Markus turned and left, one of his men pushes john into the mud as he follows behind his master, toward his personal living space

The despot then returns to his quarters, and lights a fire. This is his signal...

(OOC: and the last post I will make for the despot. Any future despots can continue in this thread.)

2 hours later, as night descends on the land, John, Monica, and a few other villagers who desired to join them begin to pack in for the night, in the distance, they see a small plume of smoke rising from above the palace.

John: That sure has been burning for a while, I wonder what's going on...

Monica: maybe a feast for our safe return? she gives him a shove, then goes back to warming her hands with the campfire in front of them

John: Its a nice place, our lands, this will make a beautiful land to live in one day, when there are happier times. john shifts on the dirt, getting comfortable so he can try to sleep. Monica lays down next to him, they warm each other with their hands

Suddenly, a thundering is heard over the horizone, slow at first, however, it is slowly getting louder.....louder...faster.....Yelling is noticed from inside the thunder, john sits up

John: BARBARIANS! John runs toward the cart loaded with food and a handful sharpened poles he recieved from a friend in town. He hands them off to the others, including monica, and picks up a rock

Small pieces of wood, twigs almost, fly over the horizon and land all around john, as he runs toward the thunder, what strange weapons are these? he wonders. He looks to the left and sees a man, a stranger, younger then he, be penetrated by one of the flying sticks, he goes limp.

John is stopped for a moment as he sees what has happened, in that instant, a quiet whistle screeches toward him and imbeds into his shoulder, he screams and falls

Monica: (running toward him) are you okay? John nodds

Monica and the others run toward the approaching barbarians, their largest are in the front, not many of them, but they have superior weapons. Monica kneels down, holds her spear up as the enemy run by, ignoring her, one runs straight into the spear. She sees the look of horror on his face as she drops the spear and runs toward a fallen comrade to pick up his spear.

the battle ensues, when it is over, 5 barbarians passed through the scout group, leaving 8 of their fallen in the same field where 6 villagers lie dead,. 3 injured, including john.
Wasting no time, the remaining villagers, including john, still with the stick in his shoulder run toward the now engulfed villiage.

The scout group return to the villiage to find it damaged, luckily another group, a much better armed group was there to stop the barbarians, John returns to his and Monica's hut as she runs to the palace to check on the wellbeing of Markus

Monica: Sir! e did what we could, are you unharmed?

Markus: Quite actually, another group of mercenaries were present to stop the barbarians, how did they perform?

Monica: (out of breath) they looked like they had suffered many casualties, but their leader is surveying the damage outside

Markus: and the man I met with earlier today? (feigning interest)

Monica: he's hurt, but hell be okay, we lost 6 villiagers though, a few of them scouts and hunters. If there is nothing further sir Id like to check on john.

Markus: By all means, tke your leave.

Monica runs out the door, as markus takes a sip of his drink.

Brashin Jade: Men!!!! This is an Axe, it will help you in the Fight against the barbarians

Soon in Noval Gontsky's Tent

Mara Jade II: We have a problem

Noval Gontsky: What is it?

Mara Jade II: We are being attacked by the Barbarians

Zarn: Our only hope is that our men knows what to do. Mara, I recomend that you stay behind and Take care of the Children/

Mara Jade II: Will do

Noval Gontsky looks out the Tent with his Father's Flint Dager. Brashin Jade leads his 10 Men and Col. Zarn marches his 10 Men.

The Battle raged on for hours. Crag Ors has hammered down 3 Barbarian Warriors.

Crag Ors: Oh this will be pleasurable

The battle raged on, The Group emerged victorious. Even tough The Jade Commandos has lost Half of there men. The men returned to camp

Noval Gontsky: Are you alright Zarn.

Zarn: yes, I just hope that Sky II made it through

Brashin Jade: He did, he has proven himself and he awiats you in your tent.

Noval Gontsky enters his tent

Sage Atrous "Sir Markus!"
Markus "Sage Atrous. How hast the faired?"
SA "Quite good, my leige."
M "Oh, cut the crap, Sage... What brings you here?"
SA "My men are gathering, the Rouge are ready to help any way we can."
M "Good, carry on, sage."
SA "That I will, Markus..."

Plexus - your troops can't amass yet until Warrior Code. Amass sounds like an organized troop movement. "Gathering" would be a better term.

Anthony and Nicole walk out of their hut

Anthony: Nicole, we must go and scout the land to the east and let everyone know of our findings. We must travel lightly, so bring this sharp stick, and I will bring this thing called an axe.

Nicole: But Anthony, what if you are injured? Or even captured? I won't leave without you.

Anthony: If I am wounded or captured you are to run as fast as you can to the village and find Noval Gontsky. Now come, the east awaits...

Anthony and Nicole walk off toward the east, a daring adventure into unknown lands...

*Scorpio enters into a large clearing from the wood with Julia close behind. There are many huts here and the villagers appear to be arming them selves, some are returning from battle. Scorpio makes his way to the biggest hut which has a few armed men outside.*

Scorpio: I come to lend my services to Markus Viviano. I seek an audience.

Guard: And the girl? Does she have uses?

Scorpio: The girl is with me and is none of your concern. I seek an audience with Markus Viviano, not with his intrusive guard. Go get him.

*One guard enters the hut.*

Monica enters her hut to see the belongings gathered and John bandaged
Monica: Whats going on?

John: Were leaving he picks up a deerskin bag

Monica: Where are we going to go?

John: anywhere but here. Were going to head west, the barbarians havent come from that direction.

and with that the left, what became of them, would never be clear...or would it?

Nicole stumbles and falls. Anthony catches her before she hits the ground (she was infront of him).

Anthony: Getting tired Nikki?

Nicole: No, I'm fine. Can we rest though?

Anthony: Sure. This land is amazing. There are alot of deer here.

Nicole: I think we should turn back, it is getting dark.

Anthony: You're right, let's go back.

They start heading back when a barbarian jumps out at them. The barbarian stabs Anthony in the leg and tries to catch Nicole. But she is to fast and runs. Anthony throws his axe at the barbarian and it gets lodged in its skull, the barb falls to the ground. Nicole runs as fast as she can to the village, Anthony's life depends on it...

Randu and Emma suddenly cathes a girl running past them in the direction of the village. They stop her and ask her for her name and why she is running so fast. When they hear that her partner, Anthony, is wounded they begin to run to the place where he is.
They find him and bring him back to the village where the witch doctor takes care about Anthonys wounds.

The four friends are walking to the camp, eager to get home after a long days hunt
Jenna: SaaM... God you're a wimp
SaaM: What? Is it my fault I listen to the elders tell the stories instead of go and roll round rocks?
Jenna: Uh.. yea. And you, Jackie. All you do is blow into those dam logs.
Jackie: Hey, they sound nice. Okay?
Bob: What about me? Arent you going to insult my near-insane prohpetic visions?
Jenna rolls her eyes
SaaM: If it makes you happy, Ill go join one of those military groups. Now, come on. Lets get home. I've heard reports of Barbarians.
Jenna: Well, thats what these axes are for. Borowed them from Mara Jade II. And, watch this.
She picks up the axes from their sheep-gut holding case. Holding one in each hand, she spins them around wildly, like a madwoman
Jenna: Ha!

The friends finnaly make it out of the forest and into the towns. Hearing that there are barbarians located nearby, they rereat to their homes. SaaM goes to visit the Jade Commandos to help with his lack of military training, taking Jenna with him

Marxis emerges from a cluster of tree's

What land is this? a land of pride no doubt, and of trouble. I shall aide this wandering fools in their quest for sovereignty from a fledging barbarian invasion. Although, what first to mind, is, what shall hey give in return for my services? Bah, it of no matter, for now. If this despot belivieves I will answer to him, then he has surely lost his min. However, if I were to be compensated for my troubles, that may persuade me to do otherwise...

Anthony was taken to Niven's Hut in the woods. There he lies on a bed.

Anthony: Thank you Randu and Emma, I wish there was a way I could repay you? And also, thank you Niven for your hospitality.

Randu: We must all help each other to live in this harsh environment. No need to repay us.

Niven: Aye, Randu is wise. We must stay together for now.

Nicole: Thank you. Niven, if it isn't too much, may I stay with Anthony for tonight?

Niven: Yes, please stay.

Anthony and Nicole thank Randu and Emma again before they leave.

Anthony: Niven, do you think the village doctor treated my wound correctly?

Niven: I do not know. I will check if you want.

Nicole: Please do.

Niven checks the wound. He finds a small smear off bee venom.

Niven: That doctor was out to get you! He put bee venom in your wound. This won't be a problme, but it will puff and cause a great pain. All you can do is rest and drink this tea.

Anthony: Thank you Niven.

Nicole (as Niven was talking): How horrible! I will get even with that doctor!

She storms out after Niven is finished, before Anthony can stop her.
OOC: IceEye, is that alright?

*Scorpio was eventually led inside. After much unheard conversation, Scorpio was given the job of one of the despot's many armed hirelings. In return Scorpio received a minimal amount of food and shettle for himself and Julia. Scorpio's prowess in battle was mighty though and his loyalty strong.*

John W. Boots meets with Markus as he is recovering from his arrow wound
Boots: How are you doing, Markus?
Markus: Just fine. The arrow wound's almost healed.
Boots: You know, we could achieve greatness together, if you make me your deputy.
Markus: I am the despot! I would never do that!
Boots: Fine, then. I will achieve greatness myself!
Boots storms off to his hut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom