[BTS] The Dilemma

Luthor_Saxburg

Vassal of Civilization
PBEM - THE DILEMMA

INTRODUCTION
What to do if we have a huge army and no money? What should we do? Disband the army? Use the army? Use the element of surprise and attack, making the war attrition take care of the unsustainable army? Or select only the best soldiers and wait for the warmongers to make their “surprise” attack? Is the best to invest in the army and forget all research or outwit the warlike nations, surprising them with a small but highly advanced army?

This PBEM is intended to start from the Classical era with some unique choices. There will be some cities already placed on the map. Some Wonders will be already in the game. Some wonders won't be possible to build. And other wonders will be available to build.

This game is designed for players that like to be surprised by a non-usual scenario.
The strategic resources will be handpicked according to a secret masterplan.

SETTINGS
Game Version: BtS 3.19
Scenario: Customized
World Size: Small
Speed: Normal
Players: 4 human players + 1 GameMaster

GAME OPTIONS
No City Flipping from Culture
Unrestricted Leaders
Random Personalities
No Tech Trading
Require Complete Kills
No Vassal States
Regular Barbarians

CIVILIZATIONS AND LEADERS
=> Players can choose freely but some Civilizations and\or Leaders could be refused for gameplay purposes

BONUS
=> Each human player can choose ONE building (Wonders including) to have already built in their capital. The players can choose any building but some specific building requests could be refused.

VICTORY CONDITIONS
=> ALL except time

HOUSE RULES
No declaration of war can occur in the first two turns
No diplomacy is allowed until the Civ’s meet each other in the game (exception: if done via the thread)
Players should play with the interest of the own Civ in mind. Actions made for denial purposes only are NOT allowed.
Each human player can only fire ONE nuclear weapon per turn
Each human players can only use nuclear weapons after they are victim of one of those weapons
Each player should do their best to play within 2 days

NATIONS & PLAYERS
00. Rodrigo (Darius) as leader of the Romans
01. Sinimusta (Boudica) as leader of the Holy Roman Empire
02. Michkov (Napoleon) as leader of the Holy Roman Empire
03. Ruff_Hi (Montezuma) as leader of India
04. De Gaulle as leader of Civ
05. Justinian as leader of Civ
06. Hannibal as leader of Civ
07. Hatshepsut as leader of Civ

08. Mystery Man (Brennus) as leader of the Ottomans
09. Mr. Arrogance (Saladin) as leader of England

TRACKER
http://www.ruffhi.com/php/tracker_v6.php?game=pbemdilemma

Last edited:
We have the minimum quota. So please send me your prefered choices (Civ, Leader, Wonder) so that I can start setting up the game.

Thank you for those who have sent the required info. Would everyone else please state their choices? If not, I will choose it for you.

Samarghata, please send me your email.

It seems that Samarghata isn't available after all. So we still need one player more.

did someone say they needed a player?

done. And did you want a tracker?

Well ... post #1 expresses a hope ... not a certainty. Do you want to set up the gmail account ... or do you want me to do that? :)

It seems that one players prefers a certain building over a World Wonder one. I will allow it and ask if anyone else wants to change their choice, it is free to do so.

So players can choose any building (Wonders included) in the game to have in their capital.

It seems that one players prefers a certain building over a World Wonder one. I will allow it and ask if anyone else wants to change their choice, it is free to do so.

So players can choose any building (Wonders included) in the game to have in their capital.

I'm not sure why this is so surprising ... building over wonder ... as the original bonus said you could choose one building (wonders including) ... which ... to me ... implied that you could select a non-Wonder building if you wanted to.

Oh ... and ... yes it is I ... the player who wants a building instead of a wonder :D.

BONUS
=> Each human player can choose ONE building (Wonders including) to have already built in their capital.
No info regarding the game will be given. Some buildings requests may be refused.

Edit: Tracker gmail account set up ... pbem.dilemma at g mail dot com. Tracker page will be ...

http://www.ruffhi.com/php/tracker_v6.php?game=pbemdilemma

And it begins!!!

I hope that you enjoy the game! You have to make some though initial decisions!

Please read the houserules.

Last edited:
For your info, here is Mr. Arrogance Demographics:
upload_2017-11-5_13-56-54.jpeg

GPS. Sorry for the delay... I sent the file to the tracker's gmail address, but it seems the tracker is not updating the round. Not sure if Sinimusta has received the file.

Last edited:
Top Bottom