The Diplomacy Thread

Alright, so the music for theology trade went through with Aloha. Here's our current situation.
techturn1280000.JPG

I suggest we try a deal of Civil Service and something for Music and Theology with Innovia. We also can make the first trade on the roadmap with Epsilon.

What is the power graph like? does it look like anyone is going to make a move?

They're probably too far away. Epsilon might be close, but we have a huge trade deal with them, so they probably won't attack.

General_W said:
Dear Koondrad & all of Loco,

We noticed that you have discovered the fine art of Music! Congratulations. We now stand ready to complete Phase 1 of our deal – Music for Machinery. Wanted to send you a note to let you know in advance that we'll be making that offer this turn (unless you've already beaten us to it?)

Anyway – we also had another idea! There are a couple techs we have that aren’t on our Roadmap deal we just signed. Maybe you’d like to buy them at an especially steep “friend of Epsilon” discount? We were thinking just 10 gold for Hunting (40:science: ), 15 gold for Archery (60:science: ) and 30 gold for Monotheism (120:science: ). Even bigger techs could be on the table if you’re in a shopping mood? Construction and Civil Service aren’t on the roadmap, and we’d be happy to sell them to you at a very good discount if you’re interested.

Let us know!

Your friends in peace and trade,
- Foreign Minister General_W
Servant of the Leader
Epsilon Team!

How's the treasury looking?

How about have Innovia research Construction and give us

CS+Construction for Music+Theology+gold(resource)+gold(lump sum)

Reviving this thread, as there has been an awful lot of correspondence lately.
innovian scum said:
People of Loco,

Since you can't see those troops by yourself and have received the information from a supposed ally we must conclude that there is a conspiracy against us. We are truly shocked by this and we cannot take your betrayal as anything but a declaration of hostility. Prepare for an otherwise avoidable war!

Theoden of Innovia

(OOC: Don't take this personally, it's merely business on our part. I wish you good luck defending your civilization.)

me said:
Innovia,

Please tell us how this war could have been avoided. Were you planning to attack someone else or was that a scouting party? How does cancellation of open borders equate to a declaration of war? Until we hear otherwise from you, we will presume to believe you were planning to attack us (unprovoked) all along. We're looking forward to hearing your reply. If this war could have been deflected before it began, maybe it can still be stopped now.

Jeejeep
Executive Leader
Team Loco

Then:

me to Aloha said:
Aloha,

We would like to take you up on the gunpowder deal. We will have it in 3 turns. We are not sure if it is too late by now, but if it is it is our fault anyway.

This turn we found a diplomatic message asking us to contribute deer to you for no concession at all. We would be happy to trade a resource for a resource, but we will not give in to demands.

We have been wondering about your opinion of our war with Innovia. We would like to stress (especially after the propaganda posted in the MTDG forums) that we did not provoke this attack in any way. We discovered a fleet of Innovian galleys loaded down with troops in the area near our lands. Seeing this (along witht the fact that one of their galleys was scouting out our lands) we thought it necessary to cancel our open borders.

If you are friendly towards us during this war, we would be happy for any money we could get from you by trade (for upgrades) this could take the form of trading a tech for gold, trading a resource for gold, or giving us a loan that would be repayed over time. An offer of military help would of course be welcome, but we feel it is too much to ask you at this point. If you wish to stay neutral, it would be nice for you to agree to peace for at least the next 15 turns, just so that we could be sure of your intentions. If you wish to oppose us, we will be ready.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Jeejeep
Executive Leader
Team Loco

This is true, they tried to get deer out of us for nothing. I don't know if they are going to dogpile us. I wouldn't be surprised.
Also:

me to Epsilon said:
Epsilon,

Sorry it took so long getting back to you. We also have bad news. We fear we may have compromised your neutrality in this war with our prompt open borders cancellation. When we cancelled open borders with Innovia, we were only thinking of stopping them from getting intelligence on our defenses so that we couuld better defend our homeland. Unfortunately, Innovia now believes that we had outside help in divining their arrival. I am not sure if they know it was you, as they have not stated such in any of our correspondence.

The last part of this message is a paragraph we also sent to Piffle and Aloha. We are quite sure you won't attack us, as you have been great friends to us for most of the game. To be safe, we would still like you to agree to peace, but it is not necessary. We trust you. If you wish to take a bold move, any help by gifting troops or even a declaration of war would be most welcome. However, we will not be mad if you choose not to take sides, as such a descision could compromise your high status in the game.

If you are friendly towards us during this war, we would be happy for any money we could get from you by trade (for upgrades) this could take the form of trading a tech for gold, trading a resource for gold, or giving us a loan that would be repayed over time If you wish to stay neutral, it would be nice for you to agree to peace for at least the next 15 turns, just so that we could be sure of your intentions. If you wish to oppose us, we will be ready.

Jeejeep
Executive Leader
Team Loco

Also:

me to Piffle said:
Piffle,

We have been wondering about your opinion of our war with Innovia. We would like to stress (especially after the propaganda posted in the MTDG forums) that we did not provoke this attack in any way. We discovered a fleet of Innovian galleys loaded down with troops in the area near our lands. Seeing this (along with the fact that one of their galleys was scouting out our lands) we thought it necessary to cancel our open borders.

If you are friendly towards us during this war, we would be happy for any money we could get from you by trade (for upgrades) this could take the form of trading a tech for gold, trading a resource for gold, or giving us a loan that would be repayed over time. An offer of military help would of course be welcome, but we feel it is too much to ask you at this point. If you wish to stay neutral, it would be nice for you to agree to peace for at least the next 15 turns, just so that we could be sure of your intentions. If you wish to oppose us, we will be ready.

Jeejeep
Executive Leader
Team Loco

I realize that I have done a lot lately without direct consultation. Forgive me, I have grown used to working alone. It would be nice to have someone fill the position of Diplomatic Advisor once this war is over. Maybe one of you can do it if you feel you are integrated enough into the game. Though I have acted alone, I feel that everything i have done has been in the spirit of what you have asked for.

I will take the job of dipomat if you want

Thanks, Joe. You are confirmed as our new Foreign Minister. Good luck with the new job.

We have been corresponding with most teams by G-mail. However, Piffle has been communicating with us by PM. You should send a PM to Killercane announcing yourself as our new Foreign Minister, so that he can now send PM's to you.

Your other duties will be to post correspondence here in the diplo thread or to send messages to the other teams informing them of trades, war declarations, peace treaties, or other agreements we would like to accomplish.

I think we received a message from Jeejeep on peace, and yes we will continue to be peaceful and helpful allies. How may we be of assistance (short of declaring war, Innovia and you guys are both pretty far from us)?

Letter from Killercane, any suggestion on what to do?

Top Bottom