1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Disappearance of Ed Beach

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by demidyad, Sep 4, 2016.

1. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

I don't think anyone seriosly believes Ed had bad consequences for the leak. But it's cool joke to run, so why not?

2. Thorburne

Thorburne Centurion

It was the marketing department that made the goof the first time and leaked the poster. Sure, it was fuzzy, but the genius of the fans here were able to decipher most of the leaders already. Ed's "oopsy" just confirmed them (and revealed a the remaining).

I'm sure they have been following the thread where the leaders were being deciphered anyway.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

3. Gangrin

Gangrin Warlord

I actually think back to the time when leaderboard was leaked. I imagine marketing team going as usual, checking civfanatics, seeing "All leaders portraits" thread. Reading it, then going "DAMMIT! Ok, guys no more f-ups, we still got this, only a minority knows about leaders and stuff so no biggie, but BE CAREFUL from now on, got it?" And then goes Germany stream. God, i would pay to see the faces of marketing team at that time

4. Cephme

Cephme Chieftain

or maybe he is busy. this is about the time they would need to "go gold" for physical product.

5. Jarru

Jarru Chieftain

Jay Wilson was all around the place talking how great Diablo 3 was. I do hope Ed has a different approach and instead of wasting time he polishes Civ 6 like a mad man. We counting on you dude! :)

6. Haggbart

Haggbart King

#nopressure :lol:

7. darko82

darko82 Emperor

That concerns unintentional leaks.

I don't understand why this would be unintentional to reveal a few leaders names? I think it was the right time to do so, the more so that most names were known anyways. It's only around two months before the release, and new official gameplays are supposed to reveal a bit of new things, and that is what happened, and probably this was part of the marketing plan.

8. Stilgar08

Stilgar08 Emperor

Maybe he's ill? People get ill occasionally... :smug:
    I highly doubt he is in trouble because of the leak: We are the absolute minority here (fanatics, remember), so I even doubt a lot of people know about Ed-gate in general...

9. Martinus

Martinus Emperor

Errr he gives exactly the reason in the post you quote why a leader leak may be unintentional.

10. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

I think that Firaxis/2K are much more concerned with sales and $$$ than they are about revealing some leader names the wrong way. The marketing/sales department are going to crunch the numbers. If civ6 bombs on release, Ed B will be quietly replaced with a different lead designer for the expansions. But if civ6 does great on release then Ed B will continue as lead designer on the subsequent expansion packs. It's that simple.

11. stormtrooper412

stormtrooper412 Peacemongering Turtlesaur

yeah but it won't be because of that "leak" thing innit

12. winddysphere

winddysphere Warlord

..All I know is that we might need to respect him a bit. I mean he might not be "abducted" but he might be literally "abducted" right now (like being forced to stay total silent or else). It's a big thing to a person's life in my opinion. While yeah it does affect the entire developer teams and the 2K plans but that's the other thing.

Just my thought though. Sorry if my opinion is too harsh. :(

13. darko82

darko82 Emperor

Really? I think this is not enough for me? Or we mean two different things.

14. Matthew.

Matthew. Deity

Ed Beach has our support! Don't let those evil corporate suits silence your voice! :crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye:

15. darko82

darko82 Emperor

Corporate guys have enough stuff to reveal. Are you suggesting Ed didn't really know what he was doing?

He has always clearly showed what he can or cannot reveal at the moment.

16. gcm4738

gcm4738 Senator from Abyssinia

Ed's dead baby

17. Aheadatime

Aheadatime Prince

Dude let it go lol. Whats with your interest in getting people to believe your theory? It's fine that you think he did it on purpose, and it's fine that a majority of us don't. In the end, it really doesn't matter at all one way or the other.

18. darko82

darko82 Emperor

I am really tired of it already, in fact :lol:

But I do not change my mind.

19. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

Ed took one for the team and revealed the leaders specifically for us fanatics. Ed's one of us. :D

One of us! One of us! One of us!

#FreeEdBeach

20. darko82

darko82 Emperor

He should explain it to you.

Please stop making him look stupid.

Such approach is really stupid.