The Disappearance of ParadigmShifter

Nighthawk419

Deity
So ParadigmShifter seems to have disappeared for about a week now. Being such a big veteran member of the PBEM community most of the games have ground to a halt. Has anyone heard from him in any form? I've emailed and PM'ed him with no response. Does anyone have any other way of contacting him other than email? (phone number, Facebook maybe?)

It's strange that a solid veteran like that would just disappear completely with no warning... kinda makes me wonder if something happened to him, which is a little scary...

So a call out to the other PBEM veterans... has something like this happened before? And how long do we wait around for him to show up?

And the resulting question is: how exactly do we go about moving the games along without his password? Does anyone know how to hack into the game to bypass the password?

Considering it seems to be an issue with more than half the games going on right now, I thought it was worth its own thread!

Edit: Also here's a shameless plug for a new game I'm trying to get going: Its the Earth 18 scenario with some slightly different house rules. We are looking for 3 more players! If you want to get your civ fix in during your stalled games... heres a chance.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=462333

I don't know if he is on Fiftychat ? - this is some kind of OT legend, of which I know little.

Actually, he did give some kind of warning in Eurozone, said he needed to sober up before he could play :)

It is very rare that someone with his extensive background disappears, but my extensive background allows me to remember others who I had 'known' for years, and thought they would never disappear mid-game, and then they were gone....

Allowing for possible illness I wouldn't panic yet....

yeah illness, jailtime, who knows ;)

I will continue to wait... just thought it was worth asking if anyone had a clue what was going on!

Couldnt the game admin get into his turn with the admin password?

I'm sure thats possible, I've just never had to do such a thing before.. do you just type it in when his turns loads or do you need to go another way?

how many games affected?

Only 2 of mine, but I looked through a few other threads of games he could be in, so its at least 5 or more...

I was able to get into his turn in the "Give me 18" game, so I posted in that thread that I'm giving him 24 hours from now to get back and do his turn before I do it for him... then another week after that before I formally start working to replace him. if he disappears for 2 weeks without warning I think thats enough.

We had a player disappear many years ago (cannot remember his CFC handle) ... it turned out he was involved in a very serious car accident and was in hospital for ages.

We did start a process of sending a CFC admin (ainwood?) the Civ4 admin password for new games just in case the admin disappeared.

Forum search is your friend ... here you go ... http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=319965

Top Bottom