The Divine Blood of Heroes (FFH DI4)

Spoiler OOC :
Oh. =/ Should I start writing shorter Chapters and sub-chapters?

Spoiler OOC for Verdian :
No, no, no, you misunderstand him. I'm certain he's referring to the lore thread, as he's mentioned something about it before.

Your stories are the primary reason we're doing this.

I've tried to stabilize the save, but I am having some troubles. Perhaps a few players became too ambitious when it came to their changes, but you should try the last save that is in the 440KB range, which I believe was zacman's original save, before he added deans changes.

I understand your pressed for time, and have been unable to implement dean's changes without getting a crash once the Calabim use their world spell. I don't know. After devoting 3.5 hours to the problem, I grow weary.

I hope zacman's original save will be a good one for you to go from.

On an aside, I was unable to write my narrative, due to the fact that I've pulled two 60 hour weeks in a row (which, in this economy, I'm truly grateful for). The elf you rescued settled in a village in the north known as Aber'deen. He is your reward for completing Sucellus quest. Use him wisely. I apologize for my lack of time. Will try and make it up to you next time. :(

Spoiler OOC :
I grabbed the save, but re-looking at the thread, I noticed I missed a few things. So I am going to wait until tomorrow afternoon to grab it again. If you can get it working by then, Bootsiuv, with Dean's changes in, that would be great. If not, I understand. Thanks for play testing all these games, I really appreciate it.

As to the things I missed... First, I was wondering: Why do I need to kill Vexx the Fallen. That was never really made clear. He is involved in Cael's rebellion some how?

Second, I completely missed a random event, and I wanted to give the god time to respond. Sorry about that. :( My response is also a bit briefer than usual, as I don't have much time.

I also updated the quests in the first post. Please let me know if I need to add any, or you feel I've completed one of the on-going ones you've assigned. (Stevan's violence and improving my city come to mind).

Last Time
Spoiler :
Stevenson awoke in the middle of the night. He heard screams that broke the once peaceful silence outside his tent. He rushed outside, only to find a creature that he had never seen before. A strange being, hooded completely with a dark cloak. A long sword surrounded by a dark mist wild by a hand that existed from nothing but bones. It was walking towards a young girl that stood, paralyzed by fear. Stevenson remembered the girl, she had been the same girl who used to be his neighbor back in Midgar. Stevenson noticed that the creature was fading, yet it still bent the grass it walking on. He thought that if somehow he can delay the creature long enough, he will be able to spare the young girls life. But there was a great chance that he could die in the process.

Chapter 3.2 - Clash of Steel! The Maiden's Rescue!

Stevenason roused from his sleep, trying to remember what woke him. His sword lay near his hand, and he absently thought that it must have left his grip while he slept; maybe he should tie it in place?

A second scream woke him up completely, and he was on his feet, crouched low, in a matter of heart beats. His armor lay near his pack, and he cursed his weakness that he was unable to sleep wearing it. He would punish himself for that later, right now his eyes had fallen on the girl whose voice was piercing the night air. Why was she near his camp? How has she arrived in this land? Was she seeking him? How long had it been since he had been with a woman? Why was she screaming?

This last question was answered for Stevanson as he saw a slight movement in the darkness. The creature seemed to be an extension of the night, and if not for its sword (a rather nice one, at that, Stevanson noted) he probably would not have noticed it at all. He ran forward his sword held low. "Get up, you stupid girl! Run!" he roared, attempting to place himself between the phantom and the woman. He slashed at his foe, glad to be battling, glad for the chance to test himself once more.

Spoiler :
As if Stevanson would ever run from a battle! He is becoming more dependent on his implements, as well, perhaps even a little paranoid? I think he regularly needs to prove himself or he begins to doubt his own ability. Ah well. Good luck, Stevanson! Fight to win!

Verdian
Spoiler :
since u put a question mark next to my quest i think i should explain it more. you are to please the god Arawn . You can make up anything to try and please him. BUT the maxuimum time for my quest is this chapter .

Spoiler :
It's just Dean
Spoiler :
Not really. I haven't even posted much in the last few weeks, and ForestAero and I never really interacted one way or another. ForestAero did not quit because of any spat between him and I: in fact, we were collaborating for an intervention this very round, before he decided to quit.

Spoiler :
Not really. I haven't even posted much in the last few weeks, and ForestAero and I never really interacted one way or another. ForestAero did not quit because of any spat between him and I: in fact, we were collaborating for an intervention this very round, before he decided to quit.

Spoiler :
Nothing between you two personally, but you must admit, you ARE the main focus of conflict in the thread if there ever was one :lol:

Spoiler :
Nothing between you two personally, but you must admit, you ARE the main focus of conflict in the thread if there ever was one :lol:
Spoiler :
So I'm an antagonist in this game. Any good game needs someone who doesn't follow the goody-goody line. But that doesn't mean, nor should there be any reason to imply, that I'm personally to blame making things intolerable. I even disagree that I'm the main focus of conflict, since my positions and interventions are neither outrageous or unreasonable, and I haven't even taken many of late.

Spoiler OOC :
Taking the save again (the one without Dean's changes, sorry Dean), see you all on Monday.

Spoiler ooc :
Most likely RL getting in the way, nothing wrong with that. Gives more time for people to re-read the stuff, and for me to practise fiddling with the saves. Think i can edit Tya's civ now to change the name and civ type from Grigori. May have figured out a way to add civs as well.

Spoiler OOC :
Would be perfect if you could find the solutions for Dean's changes. I know RL might be occupying: Lately, I was a victim of early year's turmoil at work as well. Hopefully I will have more time later this week or from the next week on. Cheers!:)

Spoiler :
Is this dead verdian?

Farwell O'great thread:suicide:

I was so excited about the concept of DI and the story that I read all the way from page 1 to 21 only to find out the thread is dead :(

I was so excited about the concept of DI and the story that I read all the way from page 1 to 21 only to find out the thread is dead :(

There is a God thread somewhere as well where the gods discussed their future plots and plans which would give an idea of where this could have gone. But apart from that, yes this thread is dead. Verdian seems to be suffering from real life issues and has been pulled away. We could try and get another human player but its been so long even if someone else took over we might not get all the gods back together. Also the story wouldn't be the same without Verdian's unique approach and writing style.

I belive someone posted something in the Divine Intervention thread about a new game. It could work out, i know i wouldn't mind trying my hand at a mortal game after my semester has finished in july. But it could suffer from the same problems that all the FFH DI's have suffered from, considering this the 4th and none of them were finished (at least i believe none of them were)

Anyway this is my own farwell to this thread. To any of the other Gods who poke their heads in it was fun while it lasted. I had a blast. Double thanks go to Lggard for playing Balancer, while double drats go to my evil co-conspiriters for the plots we never got to reveal.

Ciao

Ravus

Just reread all of this. It is probably safe to say it is dead, yes. I had a lot of fun doing it (well, most of it...), so even though it is a year and a half late, thanks to everyone that participated.

Do people still make these? Or any sort of group stories with FFH?

Ah well. Good times.

There is TNDI2 out, but it's not FFH.

Top Bottom