The DoC v1.10 Whole Empire Challenge

Moshe Dayan

Da General
Well, v1.10 has been out for awhile now, and since the last thread is pau it looks like it's about time for another Whole Empire Challenge! Version 1.10 adds in a number of new features and intriguing new civs just waiting to re-create their historical imperial triumphs. Here are the rules, as specified in the previous thread:

The challenge is simple: recreate a historical empire at its largest territorial coverage. For example the Roman Empire at its largest (Trajan reign), the British Empire before WWII or the USSR before 1990. Timeframe should be more or less within the empire's actual existance.
Post screenshots for proof. A link to the empire's actual map is preferred and strategy overlay is always welcome. Controlling territories via vassals is not allowed. Controlling single island jungle cities is not necessary; especially in the Pacific.

All achieved historical empires will be recorded in the leaderboards edited into this post. As always, monarch/normal is the default listing, and other achieved historical empires will be listed separately. If two people achieve the same empire, whoever reaches it first (in terms of in-game year) will be recorded on the table. Good luck.

As an example to start off this thread, ladies and gentlemen, the laughably easy Indonesian Empire!

Although relatively unknown, the Majapahit Empire was the leading power of Southeast Asia in its time. It was by far the largest native empire to ever exist in Indonesia, and was one of the most powerful forces in the region for centuries. Its borders extended beyond even those of modern Indonesia and served as a basis for the boundaries of today's large Indonesian state.

Sumatra, Java, Borneo, and the Malay Peninsula:

Spoiler :

Sulawesi, Papua, and the Southern Philippines:

Spoiler :

The Indonesian Empire:
Spoiler :

As a word of advice, it is helpful to use imagehosting sites that don't turn your screenshots into buttugly .jpgs! :scan:
Also, when posting your complete historical empires, it is also handy to post a picture of the real empire's boundaries for reference. For example, here is the image I used:

Strategy is simple, just overexpand really early and kill your economy (this advice may come in handy with other historical empires as well =P). Happy conquests!

I really don't see a point for creating a new thread of challenges for every new version.
Same goes for the UHV challenges. People get tired of doing them if the records are erased everytime a new version comes up.

I really don't see a point for creating a new thread of challenges for every new version.
Same goes for the UHV challenges. People get tired of doing them if the records are erased everytime a new version comes up.

Good points. However, new threads like these are not about marginalizing and erasing past achievements at all, rather they're about giving other people a shot. Otherwise, the high score boards tend to be dominated by the same people all the time, and I find this discourages competition. Moreover, the old thread has been quiet almost since v1.10 came out, despite less than half of the historical empires being achieved and despite the addition of new civs. I know I for one am dying to see a complete historical Tibetan Empire :lol:

Top Bottom