The Doctor is coming, the Doctor is coming!!

bhsup

Deity
Praise be, it is finally happening! Dr. Who premiers on American television March 17, 2006 on the SciFi channel!! Whoever made this possible, I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

http://www.scifi.com/doctorwho/

I'd like to take this opportunity to share with everyone my very own TARDIS.

:lol: You betcha! See that vent tube on top? That doubles as a DirecTV satellite mast.

Technically the good doctor made appearances on many local TV networks throught the seventies and eighties.

edit= Public changed to local

VRWCAgent said:
Praise be, it is finally happening! Dr. Who premiers on American television March 17, 2006 on the SciFi channel!! Whoever made this possible, I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

I'd like to take this opportunity to share with everyone my very own tardus.

Thats a nice ice fishing hut!:lol:

The new series is very good, in fact I'd say as good as or better than the old 80's and 70's series.

Same old sense of humour and tongue in cheek action, but with superior special effects and very well written plot lines. Fans of the old series I think will not be dissapointed. Unless of course you want to see cheap costumes and terrible make up and special effects, then your out of luck;)

Umm isnt that a childrens show?

So this is the top secret meeting place of the VRWC agents? ;)
It looks like you live on a beautiful property (if you ignore the hut)!

Cleric said:
Umm isnt that a childrens show?

No never was never will be, it's a primetime show that people of all ages can enjoy. Like Cheers or Friends or the Simpsons:)

It's written for adults but since it's sci fi children love it too, although it did used to scare the bjesus out of us when we were kids sometimes. A few behind the sofa moments I remember.

Till said:
So this is the top secret meeting place of the VRWC agents? ;)
It looks like you live on a beautiful property (if you ignore the hut)!

No. It's just my tardus which I use to travel to our top secret meetings. :D
Oh, and that's not my property. Just one of the many places/times I've visited in my perfectly camouflaged tardus.

@sidhe: I'm just downright giddy in anticipation. I've heard Mr. Eccleston is a great Doctor.

@MobBoss: It's a tardus, not a fishing hut, you uncouth barbarian!

Sorry, but the new 'Doctor Who' was and is crap, in much the same way the old one was poor tv production too.

Doesn't mean I can't dig on your tardis though! :D

I don't know what this is. Anyone have a description?

Also there's a SciFi channel? i don't get that...

Rambuchan said:
Sorry, but the new 'Doctor Who' was and is crap, in much the same way the old one was poor tv production too.

Doesn't mean I can't dig on your tardis though! :D

OK but it was very popular over here so make your own mind up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/

Billie Piper is a babe IMO :)

Oh and take a look at the highlights clip on the websight under Peter ecclestons video images, will give you an idea what to expect.:)

I never was much of a Doctor Who fan, but if the SciFi channel can do to that show what they've done with Battlestar Galactica, I'll be watching it for sure.

Sincere apologies, Silver. That thread title was very US-centric in not pointing out that the Doctor is finally coming to the US. I shouldn't have left the country out of the picture.

However, to answer your questions. There is a description below from the Scifi.com page I linked to in my first post. The SciFi channel is a channel available on satellite and cable TV in the US which is dedicated to...science fiction shows.

The Time Lord enters a new age.

Christopher Eccleston's Doctor is wise, funny and brave, an adventurer in time and space. His detached logic gives him a vital edge when the world's in danger. But when it comes to human relationships, he can be found wanting. That's why he needs Rose.

Rose Tyler is a shop-girl from the present day, trapped in a dull existence. From the moment she and the Doctor meet, they are soulmates; they understand and complement each other. With nothing to hold Rose back — neither her over-bearing mum nor her hapless boyfriend — she chooses to devote herself to the Doctor and his promise of fantastic adventures across the universe. And he doesn't let her down….

At the 2005 National Television Awards, voted for by the British public, Doctor Who scooped three of the top prizes: Most Popular Drama, Most Popular Actor (Christopher Eccleston) and Most Popular Actress (Billie Piper).

So don't delay — hop into the Tardis and get ready for the adventure of a lifetime (or two or three or 12…)

IglooDude said:
I never was much of a Doctor Who fan, but if the SciFi channel can do to that show what they've done with Battlestar Galactica, I'll be watching it for sure.

It's my understanding that Doctor Who is a purely BBC production. I think SciFi simply acquired the rights to air it, nothing more.

VRWCAgent said:
It's my understanding that Doctor Who is a purely BBC production. I think SciFi simply acquired the rights to air it, nothing more.
Correct!

(Doesn't mean it's well made though. The sets are still crappy and look 'low budget', the dialogue wooden, the one liners are self-consciously trendy and the plot is always a few miles short of believable.)

VRWCAgent said:

I'd like to take this opportunity to share with everyone my very own tardus.

I never knew you were a Whovian!

You have one major point in your favour, sir!

:D

Top Bottom