The double standards on one man, one vote

Masquerouge

Deity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG6X-xtVask

In this video you will see elected representatives voting for other representatives when they're not there. Some of them even get to vote for 4 people.
Now I would have serious questions even if this was contained amongst members of the same party (like Reps only voting for other Reps), evn though it's clearly not allowed, but this goes across party lines, and both ways.

So at a time when there is a huge debate on how to make sure citizens get only one vote on election days (photo ID, blah blah), I find it very ironic that the very people in charge of that topic can basically vote 4 or 5 times without any sort of control.

My take on this is: you're not here, you don't vote, and nobody can vote for you. Now why elected representatives are not here when it comes to voting is another debate entirely, of course :)

Do you think this is okay?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG6X-xtVask

In this video you will see elected representatives voting for other representatives when they're not there. Some of them even get to vote for 4 people.
Now I would have serious questions even if this was contained amongst members of the same party (like Reps only voting for other Reps), evn though it's clearly not allowed, but this goes across party lines, and both ways.

So at a time when there is a huge debate on how to make sure citizens get only one vote on election days (photo ID, blah blah), I find it very ironic that the very people in charge of that topic can basically vote 4 or 5 times without any sort of control.

My take on this is: you're not here, you don't vote, and nobody can vote for you. Now why elected representatives are not here when it comes to voting is another debate entirely, of course :)

Do you think this is okay?
I know in Ga where they just ruled for the ID law before you still needed some form like a SS card or any of the 120 cards that they could take

What is incredible in that video is that there are tourists touring the building, but the representatives couldn't care less and go on with their blatant cheating. :eek:

They do this all the time and its ridiculous. Legislation branch voters should be paid at the end of their term and only get the % of pay that the % of votes they were physically there to vote on. No more phoning in votes or having others vote for you. Then maybe senators can do their job instead of running for President.

They do this all the time and its ridiculous. Legislation branch voters should be paid at the end of their term and only get the % of pay that the % of votes they were physically there to vote on. No more phoning in votes or having others vote for you. Then maybe senators can do their job instead of running for President.

Can we also deduct from their pay for each time they voted "for their buddy"?

To be fair this is the texas state legislature and doesn't have anything to do with the US Senate

To be fair this is the texas state legislature and doesn't have anything to do with the US Senate

I know but the theory extends all the way to the top !!!! It happens in D.C. It happens here too as I'm sure it happens in all states. I wouldn't be surprized if it happened in county legislators and even city scale. It's just sad.

I know but the theory extends all the way to the top !!!! It happens in D.C. It happens here too as I'm sure it happens in all states. I wouldn't be surprized if it happened in county legislators and even city scale. It's just sad.

Yeah. Sometimes the biggest abuse is not where you think it is.

Top Bottom