The draft...?

Spadge

Chieftain
Hi,
I'm having problems with some unhappy citizens and am wondering if anyone can help.
I have a democracy and people are complaining about 'draft' I'm just wondering what that is and how can I stop it? I'm not doing anything (to my knowledge) to draft any of my population.

THanks for your help
Spadge

Is this happening in any newly conquered cities? Sometimes just before you take over another city, the AI had to draft some citizens. Unfortunately, the unhappiness is still there when you take over that city.

That'll be the answer I'm looking for...Thanks Bamspeedy

Any idea how to get rid of that unhappiness?

Unfortunately, not any real good solutions. With v1.17f the unhappiness is cumulative, so one unhappy person potentially could have the effect to make 5 other people unhappy.

1. You can try to wait (might be hundreds of years, like what happened to me), and this was only after I got JS Bachs, 3 luxuries and a temple in the city!
2. You could get settlers from other cities (that were draft-free) to join the city, hoping that if you get enough of them, you can have enough food to support the entertainers and produce at least something.
3. Starve the city off to a population 1 with -zero- growth, then build a worker (don't have the worker join another city though!), abandon the city and have one of your own settlers build a new city in that place. Or......
4. Raze all cities!

IIRC draft unhappiness goes away after 20 turns (might be 40 after patch, i dont remember)

Originally posted by Bamspeedy
Is this happening in any newly conquered cities? Sometimes just before you take over another city, the AI had to draft some citizens. Unfortunately, the unhappiness is still there when you take over that city.

Yeah, this happened to me recently. A size 28 city that the greeks drafted to size 18 starved itself to size 1 after I conquered it, even though I rushed a temple, colliseum, cathedral and had 5 lux.

I've seen draft unhappiness show up in towns that had no draft, centuries after capture, and I'll swear on the heads of somebody else's kids that I didn't draft unit one that game. V 1.17. I might be able to cough up a save but I kinda doubt it.

Ironsides, from that remark I take it that you have decided not to breed. Given the intellectual content of your posts lately I think our collective gene pool caught a break.

Salute :goodjob:

What's your problem, jimbo? Not getting enough hot troll action lately?

Originally posted by jimmytrick
Ironsides, from that remark I take it that you have decided not to breed. Given the intellectual content of your posts lately I think our collective gene pool caught a break.

Salute :goodjob:

WTF?:confused: Quite an intellectual post if I have ever seen one.:p

Oh goody! Can we have a flame war? Please Please Please? It's been SOO long since we had one. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Top Bottom