1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Dragon Cult of Erebus (FFH DI)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Stories & Tales' started by Verdian, May 21, 2012.

1. Bad Player

Bad Player Deity

OOC (for Verdian and Cerwedian especially)
    Spoiler :
    Here is my save. I have a quest in it that I need to write a story for (gimme a few hours) but everything is in place. Cerwedian needs to modify it.

I can't upload it to this thread if it's already in hermetic Lore thread!:confused:
    I have to run now, I'll be back in a few hours and I can move it into this thread but if you need it it's in the hermetic lore thread (maybe someone can move it for me if urgent please)

2. apenpaap

apenpaap Tsar of all the Internets

:evil: Ceridwen, goddess of Magic :evil:

A few nights after disembarking, Dallarin is looking at the stars at night when he realises something bizarre is going on: the constellation Black Candle actually seems to burn this night, like a real candle... Surely it's impossible, but there is a purple flame atop the collection of stars roughly shaped like a candle. Just as Dallarin wonders if perhaps the stars behave differently on these shores, he hears a voice in his head.

"Mankind has fallen deep..." a feminine voice speaks. "In the Age of Magic, mortals performed incredible feats of magic... Made entire forests grow at their whim... Cured the worst diseases... Travelled across Erebus in a single moment... Destroyed their enemies with a thought... But all that was lost by the Age of Ice... Our greatest creation reduced to meagre bands of savages..."

As the voice speaks these words, stars seem to light up and fade out, forming figures that seem to illustrate its words. "But in the darkest hour, when all gods had abandoned mankind to Mulcarn... It was I, Ceridwen, who sent My pupil Kylorin, the first and greatest I ever guided in the magical arts, and with My help he slew Mulcarn... Yet while mankind's numbers have grown since, your knowledge hasn't. You are still as blind as your fathers and your fathers' fathers.

Once again, I shall guide mankind towards greatness... The Lamia who travels with you has already been touched by My favour, as a clear sign of My benevolence, yet this is but a pale shadow of the power magic can truly wield; mere tricks and cantrips. I will multiply the knowledge of those curious enough to seek it... I believe you to be one of those. You and your people must learn about ancient myths, try to reclaim the knowledge of the Age of Magic. And then, finally, you can take the first steps towards knowledge of magic under my guidance. I shall reward your curiosity by touching the mind of one of your citizens, allowing them to find far more knowledge than you could ever dream of... And you shall have pleased the wisest and most powerful of the gods..." At the voice's final words, a great dragon of stars forms in the sky before the skies return to normal.

This same vision appears to leaders of peoples all over the continent, imploring them all to seek magical knowledge.

OOC:

Spoiler :
    Research Ancient Chants, Mysticism, and Knowledge of the Ether before the next segment, and you'll be rewarded a settled Great Scientist in your capital. Your rivals will get the same reward if they comply with my quest. I made some final edits to the map for my fellow deities as well; the save should now be ready to go.

OOC for divine eyes only:

Spoiler :
    I know, Kylorin definitely did not slay Mulcarn at Ceridwen's command. But surely a god is allowed some bragging towards mere mortals? ;)

Attached Files:

3. Lplate

Lplate Esus (Allegedly)

Divine Eyes Only
    Spoiler :

All Gods should, at all times, practice deceiving mortals, whether it be bragging, exaggeration, or bare faced lying. Classes in basic deception are being provided free of charge in Esus's Vault.;)

They can't handle the truth.
    They don't deserve the truth.
    Let us save them from the truth.

4. Bad Player

Bad Player Deity

Junil, god of law:

{story to come...}

OOC for Verdian
    Spoiler :
    Keep the Bannor worker north of you alive

5. Bad Player

Bad Player Deity

DOUBLE POST, please delete.

6. Empedocles

Empedocles Chieftain

OOC Divine Eyes Only

Attached Files:

7. Verdian

Verdian King

OOC
    Spoiler :
    Alright, NOW I am taking the save. :lol:

Also, Empedocles, you put your post in quotes, not in spoilers.

Quests this Session
    Esus - Build a Palisade, be wary.
    Ceridwen - Research up to Knowledge of the Ether.
    Junil - Protect the Bannor worker.

8. Verdian

Verdian King

OOC
    Spoiler :
    I loaded up the game, and I just want to confirm that this is correct before I start playing... Someone gave me a held Angel on the Pyre of the Seraphic, and a random settler in the stack of Valledia the Even's units. As no quest mentioned either of these things, I think that they are mistakes?

Someone can edit the save, or I can just delete the units if you'd like.

9. Bad Player

Bad Player Deity

OOC (for all):
    Spoiler :
    Random settler in the stack of Amurites??? That's a mistake as far as I know!!!
    The angel might be deliberate...

Double check with others too. :blush:

10. apenpaap

apenpaap Tsar of all the Internets

OOC:
    Spoiler :
    Neither of those things were there when I edited yet... Must've been someone since me. I guess it's probably an error.

11. Lplate

Lplate Esus (Allegedly)

OOC:
    Spoiler :

Those changes weren't mentioned on the Hermetic Lore thread either so I'd assume they're errors.

12. Elder Methyl

Elder Methyl Warlord

OOC:
    Spoiler :
    The Angel on the Pyre was one of the guardians Sirona sent to guard several UFs.

13. Verdian

Verdian King

OOC
    Spoiler :
    Right, but I don't think the angel was supposed to belong to me. I could use it to keep exploring the Pyre and reap the benefits. Which is a very generous gift, considering it is turn 0. :eek: Did one of you want to edit these changes out of the save?

14. Elder Methyl

Elder Methyl Warlord

OOC:
    Spoiler :
    Ah, I see. No, the Angel was supposed to be a Barbarian one.

15. Bad Player

Bad Player Deity

OOC (Verdian):
    Spoiler :
    Would you like to give the turn 0 save back to us to be fixed up?

16. Lplate

Lplate Esus (Allegedly)

OOC (Bad_Player)
    Spoiler :
    Bad_Player, Could you take the last Dagda save above and correct those errors. It's probably silly o'clock in Japan so Verdian has either already made the correction himself and played away or has left the game til tomorrow. If you correct and upload the save to this thread, it'll be available for Verdian tomorrow.

17. Verdian

Verdian King

Spoiler :
    By all means, please correct the save. I've been waiting for someone to do it. =/

18. Bad Player

Bad Player Deity

Spoiler :
    I'll do it in about 30 min. Get rid of extra settler, change angel to barbarian.

You can build settlers, as can everyone else (I played as you a lot). Why do we need to gift you settlers??? :confused:

19. Bad Player

Bad Player Deity

Delete this post.

20. Verdian

Verdian King

OOC
    Spoiler :
    All right, great, thanks Bad_Player. Taking it again. I will need a few days to finish, though.

The "I cannot build settlers" thing was just an extra challenge for me. It is a self imposed rule. I explain it more in the first post.

edit: Nevermind, I am giving the save back. Bad_Player, you seem to have settled my city and moved my units. Could you give me a turn 0 save?