The Dragon Cult of Erebus (FFH DI)

Verdian

King
This thread will be for a Fall From Heaven Divine Intervention game. If you would like to join, please post in the thread which god you would like to play. Sign ups are open until all the slots are filled. It's recommended that you read a bit of lore on your god in the Fall From Heaven -> Lore forum.

Game Settings
Civ: Cardith Lorda of the Kuriotates
Map type: Erebus Continent, Large
Time: Normal
Difficulty: Immortal
Opponents: 13, random.
Other settings: No Technology Brokering, Permanent Alliances, Living World, All Unique Features
Mods: Fall from Heaven II, MagisterModmod

The Gods
Spoiler :
Lugus - Angel of Light (Sun) - zbelg
Sirona - Angel of Wisdom (Spirit) - Elder Methyl
Nantosuelta - Angel of Faith (Enchantment)
Sucellus - Angel of Growth (Life) -
Amathaon - Angel of Fertility (Creation)
Junil - Angel of Justice (Law) - Bad Player

Kilmorph - Angel of Responsibility (Earth) - Lade
Oghma - Angel of Knowledge (Metamagic) -
Cernunnos- Angel of Gradual Change (Nature) -
Arawn - Angel of Death (Death) - Randomness
Dagda - Angel of Balance (Force) - Empedocles
Tali - Angel of Irresponsibility (Air) -
Danalin - Angel of Serenity (Water) - thomas.berubeg

Camulos - Angel of War (Chaos) - Derf
Aeron - Angel of Hate (Body) -
Ceridwen - Angel of Stars (Dimensional) - Apenpaap
Mammon - Angel of Greed (Mind) - thegoatgod_pan
Esus - Angel of Deception (Shadow) - Lplate
Mulcarn - Angel of Stasis (Ice) -
Agares - Angel of Despair (Entropy) -
Bhall - Angel of Passion (Fire) -

Rules
Spoiler :

What Is a Divine Intervention Game?
Spoiler :
Basically, one person is the player. They pick a civ (or ask the community) and a map, and begin playing. Then they upload the map on turn 1 to the forums. Other members of the community request to be gods. The gods take the map and edit it as they see fit, creating quests and helping or hindering the player. Each god can edit the map once per break, and then they post changes (hidden from the player) and any quests they might have. Writing a story is also encouraged.

Next, the player plays for 50 turns, writes a story about what happened, uploads the save, and the gods get a hold of it again. Rinse and repeat.

The player and the gods should all act in character. For example, Agares will probably want the player to head for Ashen Veil. Cerdwinn may request the player start heading down the path to Knowledge of the Ether, granting the player an adept if they do. Unfortunately, this can lead to all of the gods wanting to help the player and trying to outshine the other gods by giving out better stuff. But helping out the AI usually balances it out.

The Compact (the rules)
Spoiler :
I.Thou shalt announce your intentions.

-Be sure to "got it" so we don't run into continuim errors. We reserve the right to ignore not announced updates.

II. Thou shalt not Intervene if you were the last deity to intervene, and thou shalt only intervene once per waking.

-You may only intervene once per my update, and you must wait for another God to intervene before intervening again.

III. Thou shalt not reveal the secrets of knowledge or the heavens to mortals.

-Be prudent in giving out free units and technologies, make sure they are at the current level. For instance, do not add Champions if I yet have to discover Bronze Working.

IV. Thou shalt not use your powers for cataclysmic destruction.

-Remember, less is more. Be subtle. It is far more interesting for everyone if you make subtle, interesting changes like forming a choke with mountains than if you just tear giant swathes of ice through my cities. I reserve the right to reject saves I think are unnecessarily apocalyptic.

V. Thou shalt reveal yourself to the mortal with grace.

-Everyone loves a good story, and if you decide to contribute to it, be creative! Act as you think your god would act!

VI. Thou shalt not be vindictive, and thou shalt not halt progress.

-You are not allowed to strip techs away from me. Anything I research is mine permanently.

VII. Thou shalt not be unnecessarily nice to the puny mortal.

-I do not need a stack of thirty Level 9 Vampires to win my fights. You do not need to fill my BFC with flood-plain grassland goldmine hills next to rivers. The only exception to this is if you genuinely make me work my ass off to get it, and even then it not ought to be as good as the dream city outlined above.

VIII. Thou shalt reward him for piety, and thou shalt offer him redemption for his punishments.

-If you give me a quest and I succeed, reward me! If it was easy don't give me a big bonus, and if it was hard I am going to be miffed if I get another Great Prophet for all my hard work. Likewise, if you punish me, tell me how I can fix it!

IX. Thou shalt not directly undo another god's changes.

-Gods are not allowed to reverse the effects of an intervention without waiting for the update after the effects have been felt. This includes quests. In fact, you would do well to leave the other god's quests alone entirely. If you want me to do yours instead, make it more interesting or more lucrative

X. Thou shalt obey the natural order of things, and of time, and of destiny.

-There is a storyline going on here. Do try and fit in. Do not take great lengths to completely detract from it. Be smart. Also be sure that it fits with the world of Erebus.

XI. Thou shalt not abuse your architectural omniscient nature.

-Don't add wonders that don't already exist.

XII: Thou shalt not tamper with the mortal heroes.

-No fiddling with World Units or any other named units, unless you were the one to give them in the first place.

XIII: Thou shalt keep to thy precept and thy place in Erebus.

-The various gods should keep to their own domain. While little steps outside your precept are allowed if it serves your greater purpose, don't go too far. The same goes for the various religions of Erebus

Verdian's Additional Rules
Spoiler :
1) Please don't give me a reward unless I do something you like. This could be based on my civics, how I treat my allies, techs I choose to get, quests I complete, or just how I act in my write ups. But getting something for nothing isn't fun.

2) Don't give me units that are too powerful. Abilities that are one or two techs up the tree is understandable, but I probably shouldn't have fireball casting units at turn 10.

3) I want to limit the number of units that each god can give out (or edit) to two. Too often I see gods giving out units after each break just as something to do. I'd much rather see a god do something with what they have already given me than ignore the people they sent down to represent them. There are exceptions to this (if the god of war buffs up my army by giving them combat I, or an elemental Bhall punishes the unit that pillage the Pyre of Seraphic with weakness to fire, for example), but in general, keep the strong units you want to gift out to 1 or 2.

3.5) Gods, please work together to make sure my economy can support whatever units you give me.

4) Be reasonable in how you punish my units. If they can't heal or are ineffective, I cannot do anything else that the other gods want me to do.

4) If you create barbarian units for the map, bear in mind that normal barbarian units cannot spawn if there are too many already present.

5) Stick to your precepts. I'd like someone willing to oversee this play as Dagda.

A Description of the Gods and their Followers
Spoiler :
The Good Gods
Spoiler :

Amathaon: God of Creation. His domain is that of novel concepts and ideas, and his Archangel is Maponos the Young. Amathaon doesn’t have a large priesthood, but is revered by artists, architects, inventors, and others who seek his inspiration. They are known as The Architects.
Followers of Amathaon celebrate new life, but less so for its own sake as for the creation of a new personality capable of novel thoughts and ideas. While sages will tend to follow Oghma, teachers will revere Amathaon. Unlike Nantosuelta, Amathaon isn’t concerned with perfect things, but with novel things that fill in a distinct niche in the world. Those who revere him are expected to be pushing themselves in new ways. They prize free exchange of ideas and being open and honest, especially with themselves. There is sometimes tension between Amathaon’s church and that of Kilmorph, who teaches holding fast to what is has proven good over the generations.

Sucellus: God of Life. Sucellus was formerly the god of nature. He was chosen to battle Mulcarn single handedly when Mulcarn broke the compact, in order to prevent a full scale renewal of the Gods' War. When Sucellus was dead he traveled the underworld with Arawn and convinced him to allow him to return to creation with the power of Life. This allowed him to be resurrected and to revitalize the world. In the process, he changed from a neutral god to a good god.
Basium was the Archangel of Life under Arawn, but he rebelled with the signing of the compact to continue waging war against the demons of the evil gods wherever they would go.
Sucellus’ church is known as the Unblemished. Among them are the most powerful healers and scholars of medicine. They teach a reverence for all life, especially young, but are not strictly pacifists.

Lugus: God of Sun. Lugus’ Archangel is Baelious, or Fortune. His domain is light, revelation, and redemption.
Lugus is worshiped widely, especially among the Malakim. His followers are known as the Empyrean. They emphasize mercy and consensus. Lugus’ followers sometimes have trouble discerning the details of his revelations; he communicates more in overwhelming insights, rather than carefully spelled out instructions as Sabathiel gives in Junil’s name, and the Empyrean prophets are usually more mystical in outlook than those of the other good gods. This influences their councils, as one vision may be given to all the temple priests, but they must discuss and contemplate it to understand beyond the immediate implications.
Lugus despises vampires, as the first vampires slew an early prophet of his to gain her powers. He is the enemy of deceptions and lies, and Esus followers must sue every trick they have to avoid being found and revealed by Empyrean priests. But few enemies of truth and light will not be given a second chance by the Empyrean. Redemption isn’t an easy path to walk, and full trust is not given easily, but some of the most ardent supporters of Lugus come from those once enthralled by his adversaries.

Junil: God of Law. Junil’s domain is that of loyalty, obedience, and justice. His Archangel is Sabathiel who is said to lead the Bannor Empire from a sealed vault between Junil’s heaven and Erebus.
The church of Junil is widespread in the Bannor Empire, and has branches in many nations. It is known as The Order, and emphasizes justice and discipline. Junil is the most rigid in his interpretation of the Compact. In fact, he has never set foot upon or spoken to a mortal in Erebus since the end of the godswar, and it was only once the Bannor people had become trapped in Agares’ Hell that he sent his Archangel Sabathiel to intervene on their behalf. When Sabathiel followed them back through the portal to Erebus, Junil intervened and created a vault just adjacent to Erebus for his servant to advise his people from, keeping their voices from impacting creation directly. If not for the devotion of their priesthood, who meet with Sabathiel in this vault, the commands of Junil would have no way to spread into the world.
Junil and his followers are relentless in preaching justice—a proper consequence for every action, be it reward or punishment—not because they lack compassion, but because they see law as the glue that allows a society of any size to function, and any special dispensation abrogating that law as a step towards entropy and chaos, in which man perpetually must be on guard against each other. In this way the order sees itself as allowing civilization to stand in a world where trust, hope, and foresight are broken beyond repair.

Nantosuelta: Goddess of Enchantment. Her domain is that of bringing out the truest essence of things and people. Her archangel is Splendor is always clad in blue and yellow, and typically carries a golden lantern. He pursues his own agenda and is rarely on missions for Nantosuelta. Unlike the other Angels who have split from their lords Nantosuelta has no problem with his independence. Nantosuelta was the good goddess Kylorin betrayed Ceridwen to follow. Nantosuelta is said to be the lover of Sucellus and she was the one who helped make sure all the pieces were gathered in place so that the Godslayer could be reforged, as well as gathering his body so he could be reborn after being slain by Mulcarn.
Nantosuelta is worshipped in many lands, often alongside Kilmorph among craftsmen and alongside Oghma among wizards and alongside Lugus among the Empyrean, due to her focus in perfection.

Sirona: Goddess of spirit and wisdom. Her Archangel is Pelian the Suffering.
Where Oghma’s followers seek information for its own sake and Lugus’ followers eliminate secrets which cause discord in communities, Sirona’s preserve ancient knowledge to bring to those who would need it most. Sirona has many different orders that cooperate to ease the suffering of broken people and spread wisdom. There are the Sisters of Sirona, priestesses who tend to widows and orphans and the Order of the Elohim, a monastic order that guards sacred sites and provides healing, among others.
Sirona is a gentle and empathic goddess, and even among her own followers she tries to convince rather than command. Her priests are dedicated to leading by example, and even cities or provinces run by despots have let in organizations of her followers to minister to their people, only to later have their army converted and desert rather than conqueror.

The Neutral Gods
Spoiler :
Cernunnos: God of nature. He was formerly the Archangel of this sphere, but was promoted after Sucellus was killed by Mulcarn. He is known as the Great Horned One, and is revered by elves and satyrs especially.
His religion, the fellowship of the leaves, is widespread in human lands as well, though very diverse, with no unified creed save reverence and study of the natural world. Some sects are tender and caring, some devious and vicious. For example, the Fellowship in Elohim lands works to guide and protect alongside the monks who tend to the sacred sites in the world, while the Fellowship among the Calabim is a group of savage hunters who run down their own people in the dense tangle of woods around their cities. Neither group would care much for the other, but both would recognize the aspect of nature the other was emulating and would accept them as fellow priests.

Kilmorph: Goddess of Earth. Her Archangel is Goibniu. Her domain is stability, though not the stasis of Mulcarn, but a nurturing stability found in soil or a healthy tradition passed on generation to generation. Kilmorph created the Dwarves, when she gave life to the creations of an unjustly imprisoned sculptor. They revere her the most, but many human lands follow the teachings of her priests, scriptures known as the Runes of Kilmorph. It stresses fidelity to tradition, hard work and excellence in craft, and steadfast honesty, but is usually unconcerned with those outside the particular community or nation.

Dagda: God of Balance/Force. His Archangel was Cassiel, who grew disillusioned with the level of manipulation that the Compact allowed. He abandoned Dagda and travels creation trying to protect humanity from the wars of the gods.
It was Dagda who convinced the gods to cooperate on the creation of Erebus, rather filling the cosmos with worlds designed and created independently, and Dagda who brought them to the table to discuss a cease-fire. He is the most trusted among the gods, seemingly without an agenda of his own. He regrets Cassiel’s desertion, but did not disagree on principle. The compact didn’t go as far as he wished, but he knows that it is the strongest code that would be likely to be followed, Mulcarn’s breaking of it not withstanding.
Good gods, wishing to see evil’s influence minimized, often resent Dagda’s support of evil underdogs, of keeping balance in the affairs of men as well as the universe. Dagda realizes that evil gods have influence beyond their conscious actions and the work of their followers; they have twisted their domains, corrupting the divine spark inside man himself slightly. Evil nations and religions are required as an example for good ones to recoil away from, lest they in their power slide into the same position.

Oghma: God of metamagic and knowledge. His Archangel is Embarr, imagination. His domain emphasizes esoteric knowledge and study. His church focuses little on behavioral codes and more on research methodology and assistance, but they stress honesty, though not complete openness.
Oghma doesn’t grant inspiration the way that Amathaon does, new concepts or approaches to problems. He rewards careful research and synthesis, collaboration, and dedication with insightful connections that advance a field of knowledge further as a whole, rather than showing off the work of a particular genius.

Tali: Goddess of Air. Her Archangel is Leucetious (Bringer of Storms). Tali is impulsive and often wild.
Her church is the Foxmen. They favor self-sufficiency, though not to the extent of the agnostic Grigori. They seek to push the bounds of human experience not in search of philosophical enrichment, but out of an impulsive joy of life.

Arawn: God of Death. Until the Age of Rebirth he presided over the Life and Death spheres and was uncontested in his realms. Even now he ignores creation and consumes himself only with tending souls of those who have died or who have not yet been born. Gyra is his Archangel, the twin of Basium who was another of Arawn’s Archangels when he had both spheres. Both were created in same instant by Arawn to guard over his two dominions at the time. Basium was directed to guard the gateway through which all life comes into creation, and Gyra the gateway that souls take passing between creation and the netherworld. The twins were given different gifts and it is said that Arawn removed all compassion from Basium, as he never wanted any soul to return to the source of life no matter the cause. That compassion was instead gifted to Gyra and stories abound of the living entering the netherworld or souls returning for poetic causes.
There are many who worship Arawn, but since he pays them no heed until they die, and grants no special favors then, an organized priesthood has never developed.

Danalin: God of Water. Archangel is Condatis. Danalin was formerly a peaceful patron of sailors and farmers, but recently, since late in the Age of Magic, the seas have been largely unresponsive to the cries of his priests, and have brought froth great beasts.
Danalin is worshipped by two groups; the Undertow, who worship Danalin’s new more violent side through the intermediaries of the great undersea kraken. They have strange dreams in their sea-water filled temples, and search these prophecies for hidden meanings. Another group is called the Children of Condatis, who petition his archangel and seek the tranquility Danalin is alleged to have provided in ancient times. These groups are very much in conflict, with the Undertow in ascendancy since early in the Age of Rebirth. They are able to draw more power, and some suspect that Danalin has followed Bhall and fallen into Agares’ cohort, leaving the seas to be forever in the grip of the tempest.

The Evil Gods
Spoiler :
Bhall: Goddess of Fire. Bhall was the most recent god to fall to evil at the end of the age of magic. Her domain is that of rapid change and passionate emotions, epitomized by fire. Her fall twisted her closest followers, of which there were many throughout Patria battling wicked mages, into orcs and goblins. Her Archangel, Brigit the Shining, remained holy and lead a small group against Bhall when Bhall fell. Bhall couldn't bring herself to kill her most beautiful creation. Instead she trapped Brigit within the northern wastes, far from where any creature of fire could reach her. The strange colors in the northern sky are said to be the reflection of Birgits light.
Bhall is little worshipped outside the orc lands. Her worshipers are known as the Ember Legion, and have been known to sacrifice people by burning them alive.

Aeron: God of Body. Aeron’s domain is strength, rage, and desires of the flesh. His Archangel was Odio, who refused the truce of the Compact, and so was trapped in the earth by Kilmorph.
Aeron is worshipped widely in highly sexualized cults, and in much more secretive guilds of assassins known as Aeron’s Bounty.

Mammon: God of mind. Mammon’s domain is foresight and greed. His Archangel is Hastur, lord of nightmares.
Mammon is worshiped by merchants and corrupt rulers, but has few priests or church. He wishes to encourage selfishness, not community. Still, a few gather in his name to plot and scheme under the name Stewards of Inequity. Many commercial guilds are infiltrated by these merchant priests, who use underhanded tactics to drive away competition, often employing thugs and assassins. After a few years, the cartels tend to turn on themselves in bloody feuds, with survivors fleeing to start the destructive process elsewhere.
There is no formal ordination for priests of Mammon; after a particularly selfish and short-sighted act, he may bestow his blessing upon a chosen instrument of avarice, usually via material gainst that come at great cost to close friends or family, such as an opportunity to sell a son or daughter into slavery. Once the man or woman has started down this path they find it very hard to turn away, and the blessing Mammon sends their way ensure that. Followers of Mammon will often donate to other evil gods’ temples for protection after being hunted for cheating or swindling.

Camulos: God of Chaos. Archangel is Wrath. His domain is war and discord, formerly peace.
His church is the Harbingers, which only promote from battle hardened warriors who have lost body parts in battle. His worshippers are scarce in peacetime, but most armies will have soldiers muttering prayers to him before battles. Camulos is seemingly a simple god with simple goals, similar to a those of a small child—build things up just to watch them collapse spectacularly.

Cerdiwen: Goddess of dimensions and connections between people. The gods has agreed not to teach man how to use magic. That was to be the province of the gods alone. And through all of the Age of Dragons that was true. But the defining moment of the Age of Magic was when she broke that and taught Kylorin how to use magic. Cerdiwen alone has no heaven or vault, but exists in the spaces between worlds with her angels. Her Archangel is Kanna, Mistress of Pain.
Her worshippers are known as the Emyrs, who focus on manipulating others and fomenting petty misery.

Esus: God of Shadow and deception, formerly of trust. Archangel is Iaegus. Esus’ vault is a shadowy copy of Erebus known also as the Shadowfell. Those trying to escape the lower hells often get trapped here, and broken down by its cruel lies.
Esus has no temples and no known priests. It is unknown if he has spoken or acted on Erebus since the Compact whatsoever, but the Council of Esus acts in his name; it is a shadowy organization of the ambitious and the shameful who seek a cover of darkness to their actions. They employ assassins and often work with Aeron’s bounty.

Agares: God of Entropy. The former god of hope is now the lord of entropy and despair. His Archangel is Hyborem, a dark copy of Cernunnos from a time when he attacked Agares directly as an Archangel.
Agares is worshipped by the Ashen Veil, a secretive and somewhat rare cult. The initiate seeks power, more quickly than through the council, and of course with fewer restrictions than any good religion. Later, they have gotten their power, taken their revenge, but it is quickly coming time to pay the piper, and lest they be taken by the demons they bargained with, they need to find others to fill the ranks. Finally, the very upper echelon serve the same cause as their god—corrupting the world. So they seek to justify themselves by damning the rest of creation.
Needless to say, they aren’t very nice to be around, feeling no remorse for any sort of cruelty or coercion; but this isn’t to say that they can’t work together towards their goals, even civilly. Most do not pursue cruelty for its own sake, though it would certainly not offend them if their peers were.

Mulcarn: God of Winter. His domain was stasis and cold. He was slain at the close of the Age of Ice by the Godslayer weapon. His Archangel is Taranis the Unchanging, who was also slain in the Age of Ice by one of Kylorin’s children.
Mulcarn’s worshipers were known as the White Hand. They emphasized stasis, abhorring technology. There are a few such still around the lands of the old Illian empire, but they have no divine powers.

The Dragon Cult Special Rules
Spoiler :
A new idea I would like to try this game ties in very well to the outpost mechanic of the Kuriotates. My main city is going to be a place of worship for all of the gods. My other cities are all going to be dedicated to individual gods. One settlement for one god. But, I cannot build settlers myself. If I please a god, they can grant me a settler to create their outpost. The gods can effect their outposts, ask me to build them in crazy locations, require me to protect them, put buildings they normally couldn't get, or whatever they want (within reason). If I feel the worship is high in my civilization, I will upgrade the outpost to a city (that could grant the god in question more powers, I'd love some suggestions). My end goal of this game is to summon a dragon of whatever god my people prefer at the end of the game. This goal may change over time and is not set in stone.

Remember, if you don't want the player or another god to see something, use spoilers. And if possible, keep out of character information in spoiler tags labeled as such.

This game will be updated by me once a week (usually). The gods will have five days (Monday-Friday) to update the game save. I will take it Friday afternoon, play over the weekend, and post the new save on Monday morning. My time zone is Japan, so bear that in mind.

Each turn is one month. Each update will be 50 turns long.

I will be starting in a few days to give people time to sign up and discuss! Enjoy.

**Note: This mod uses a model that has a topless female. You have been warned.**

Chapter 0 - Banishment

Dallarin stood on the hill, watching the Lanun vessels fade into the distance. The men were unloading the few meager supplies Cardith Lorda had given them, dividing up tools and food to families.

:c5goldenage::c5goldenage::c5goldenage::c5goldenage::c5goldenage::c5goldenage::c5goldenage:
The few lamia that had traveled with them were slithering amongst the humans, singing one of their chants. It seemed to sooth the mind and make this desperate situation bearable.

The musteval, restless from the long voyage, had immediately begun to move out as soon as they had landed. While the rest of the Kuriotates had ferried the crates up the river, the musteval were off scouting the surrounding area for food and possible dangers.

Early recon reports had suggested a few small villages in the south, but they would pose no real threat. Wild sheep to the northwest, fertile lands to the east. An ancient structure to the west was also reported, a stone fortress that was uninhabited and worn. The largest building was sealed by a large rock. It stank of death, the weasel's had said. Dallarin would have to visit to see if could serve as an outpost. It was too far from the river to make a proper city.

Banishment. Dallarin and his people, who had lived peacefully in the Golden City, Kwythellar, had been forced to leave their home. Cardith Lorda, the brat, had called the decision "merciful". Dallarin turned his back on the ships and glared into the setting sun. All of their possessions were stolen, their temples burned, and his followers treated like common criminals, paraded around the city as traitors. Or worse, crazed heathens.

But the time would come when they would be vindicated. The Great Dragon would save them. This new land would, with hard work, become their home. Dallarin had started from nothing before. But the faithful had gathered around him. His words had ignited the flame of truth in the hearts and minds of his people. He would rise again.

The Dragon Cult would be reborn.
:c5culture:

OOC
Spoiler :
And here we go! An interesting starting spot, although starting next to the broken sepulcher does not bode well...:lol:

I hope no one has any problems with this little plot involving the Dragon Cult. For those that are unfamiliar with FFH lore, dragons were weapons created by gods during the Gods War. So while it may seem odd to do a divine intervention game in which I am the Dragon Cult, rest assured worshiping the gods will be fine. For the gods, think about how and why having a group of people trying to summon your dragon would be helpful...

Two quick notes: Remember that I cannot build settlers, I can only receive one per god (when they think I have earned them). If I have to wait too long to get a city, that will really hurt my game. If I get too many settlers at once, I won't be able to do afford to do anything with them. When and how I can get them may be best discussed in the Hermetic Lore thread.

Second, make sure to post when you take the save!

Attachments

• DI Round 1.CivBeyondSwordSave
    68.7 KB · Views: 103
I have the save. Will add it to this post once I've made my changes.

Update - finished with the save now.

OOC - Divine eyes only!
Spoiler :
Changes are as follows
On the isle SE of Kurio starting position:
-Replaced Jungle with Forest
-Relocated one rice resource SW one tile
-Added Mushroom to western hill
-Added fort SE of Mountain with the landmark tag 'Harbinger's Fort' - may be used later, certain to be used if discovered by mortal player. I don't expect him to find it though, so will likely be used in a story event later - by myself or with others.
-Added held Barb Warrior named Thrall with Strong, Cannibalize and Mutated (Removed Orcish racial promotion)
-Added held Barb Chaos Maruader on same tile - no changes to promotions other than adding held. Already had a different racial so no need to remove Orcish

Also had a quick look around. Looks like we've got the Elohim but no Sheiam. Aifon Isle is currently beside a one-tile island to the west of the map, while Bradeline's well I found somewhere near the middle (Forgot exactly where. Derp). Other gods might want to move that.
The Lanun also appear to be present. As they're also the ones who delivered these Kurios, do we want to do anything special with them because of that?
All I got for this Intervention.

Attachments

• DI Round 1-Camulos.CivBeyondSwordSave
    69.2 KB · Views: 80
(Apologies for double post. Editing isn't working for some reason.)
Camulos, God of War

The Age of Ice has passed, the tribes of man ready to reclaim what once was lost.
From a view far above, a form not seen by mortal eyes watches. He watches and waits.
The tribes are many and diverse. He knows they may feign peaceful intents, but war and chaos lie in the hearts of all.
Yet He does not ask for the mortals to pay obeisance to Him. They may seek His aid in times of strife, but what of the times where no such happenings cross the lands of Erebus?
But words spread, tales are told. War is not the only time voices are raised to Camulos.
No one speaks of what is asked for - or what is given. Only that Camulos listens when mortals speak His name, no matter what is said to or about Him. He listens, and some say He acts.
No one speaks of what acts.
What may he grant someone who appeals to Him, and how does one go about it? Such things are also left unsaid, for others to discover by trial and error. From such trials Chaos arises.

OOC for all:
Spoiler :
This is just a kind of introduction for Camulos. At the point there isn't much for a God of War to do, but this makes it known that, should one find the right way - or plan to experiment to find that right way - Camulos may choose to respond. And if something is said where his name is spoken, He'll know about it sooner or later.

Sirona, Goddess of Wisdom

Sirona gazed upon the world, now recovered from the Age of Ice. She smiled upon the Elohim, her servants, who were regaining their strength after millenia of being forced to wander Erebus. A new dawn had come for Erebus, and with it, the opportunity for a better, kinder, age. However, the roots for this had to be started early; she must act before the other Gods did.

With several words, she sent several Angels to guard several of Erebus' most important sites, denying them to those who would seek their power. With another word, she blessed the Elohim's Scout, ensuring that she had a higher chance of survival. For now, those moves would suffice. Once the Kuriotates had entrenched their hold upon the continent, she would contact them, and give them a gift.

OOC: I asked someone on the OOC Thread to make the necessary edits for me.

OOC
Spoiler :
Yay, people are responding! I will collect the save next Friday, so please make all changes by then.

I think I forgot to mention in this thread that this game is happening about 60 years after the end of Winter, before Mulcarn has returned in the scenarios.

Sirona, did you put an angel on the Sepulcher? I can understand if you didn't, as it is an evil place, but if you did I want to interact with it before I start.

Also, thank you for putting which you god you are at the top of each post. Other gods, please do the same. It makes following along with the story a lot easier.

Taking the save a second time to enact Elder Methyl's changes.
Sorry anyone who's got the save, but no one said 'got it' so you'll have to wait.
Will put it up with changes shortly.

Changes made, save attached.
OOC for Elder Methyl (And MagisterCultuum, if he's reading) - not for mortals.
Spoiler :
I can't be certain I got the right sets of Dragon Bones. This modmod inconveniently doesn't label the landmarks, and the various sets of bones are named after their dragons - except for one which is just 'Dragon Bones', which as it gives Water mana I think is the blue one.
Also, gave blessed to both of the two Elohim scouts.

And also, OOC for all Gods:
Spoiler :
If you're placing a unit that already has a racial promotion, you won't need to take Orcish off. The Angels placed had Angel but not Orcish, just like the Chaos Marauder I put in on the last edit started with Demon and didn't have Orcish.
Best to check just in case.

Attachments

• DI Round 1-Sirona.CivBeyondSwordSave
    70.6 KB · Views: 67
Quest
Spoiler :

Quintien worked with the other men establishing their new home. A few houses had been finished, and now he was working on the hall which would be the heart of their new city. As a former palace guard, he looked again at the building under construction - it would be a long time before this could rival the palace of Kwythellar.
"It's not palaces we should be thinking of", he thought. He looked around to see Dallarin in conversation with Lord Rabish. Back in Kwythellar and now in this new land, Lord Rabish was known as Dallarin's Rabbit - he looks harmless but his big ears hear everything. Dallarin's Rabbit was the first to know of the planned purge of the Dragon Cult. With his connections, he could have easily distanced himself from the Cult. Instead, he warned Dallarin and then stood by him when sent into exile. As Lord Rabish bowed and stepped away from Dallarin, Quintien made his way over.
"If you'll forgive me, my lord, I think we're building the wrong things. This is a strange, new land and we don't know who or what is out there. For now, we need to assume that whoever finds us is going to be an enemy. We should establish a palisade to provide some protection against the natives."

OOC Spoiler
Spoiler :

Declare your distrust of everyone who didn't step off the boat with you.
If a palisade is built, before turn 50, the warrior in the city will get the City Garrison I promotion. Other civs which build a palisade will get the same promo.
Note: Quintien and Rabish may feature in a few of the stories but they don't need to be named units in the game.

Features
The following are features that I plan to add to the map. I hope to do it on Monday or Tuesday night after installing the modmod.

Twailic's Hut
Verdian, this Spoiler is only to be opened when you have a unit enter the tile with Twailic's Hut on it.
Spoiler :

The hut is occupied by a friendly middle-aged man. He welcomes you in and is very hospitable.
"It's good to have some real company. These, ", with a wave of his hand, he creates perfect copies of you, which go through the motions of various activities around the hut, "just aren't the same, especially when it comes to conversation".
He insists that you stay the night and you pass a pleasant evening. When you suggest that he returns with you to your new city, where company can be easily found, he says that in his experience life in the city is too much of a struggle unless you're one of the rich few at the top of the social pyramid.
He bids you farewell in the morning.

Ashton
Verdian, this Spoiler is only to be opened when you have a unit enter the tile with Ashton on it.
Spoiler :

It's the first bit of Civilization you've seen in days travelling through this wilderness. A moderately sized town sits by the river. You enter hoping to gain some allies for the new Kuriotates nation. The town is filled with people going about their daily tasks. You approach one to introduce yourself but before you speak, you notice the largest house in the town. You presume it's the chief's home or perhaps where the council of elders that guide this town meet. You walk to it to speak to those in charge, dodging around the children playing on the street.

You reach out your hand to knock on the door and it crumbles to dust beneath your fist. Then the wall beside the door similarly collapses as if it were only made of dust. Looking back around you see that the same disintegration is happening to all of the other buildings, leaving the town as a ruin. The colour fades from the people so that quickly all you can see are misty people like forms continuing to go about their daily tasks. Still, none seem to have noticed you.

Spotting a book, in the ruin of the "Chief's house", you pick it up, hoping it will provide information on what happened here. As you take it, you sense you are being watched. As you rise, you realise that all of the Mistforms are now watching you. A bead of sweat trickles down your back. The Mistforms advance. Some draw what seem to be misty versions of weapons. You flee. You only stop when you reach the top of a nearby hill.

Looking back on the ruin, you can see that the Mistforms have resumed their charade of life and that none has chased you out of the former town.

You look down at the book clutched in your hand and hope the sages back at the capital will be able to decipher it.

OOC
Spoiler :

The town will be replaced with a ruin, containing two Held Mistforms after it is explored.
If the explorer returns the book to the capital, the sages will be able to learn enough from it to gain one of the tier 1 techs, (if any are left which make sense for a town in Ashton's location to know).

OOC, For Divine Eyes Only
Spoiler :

The Mistforms will lose the Held promo on the following Gods' turn.

The Golden Vale
Verdian, this Spoiler is only to be opened when you have a unit enter the tile with Golden Vale on it.
Spoiler :

Looking around, you can not see any reason why anyone would call this the Golden Vale.
Maybe you misheard the hermit or maybe he was mistaken. He could have been another crazy loner.
Guess, you just can't trust the word of strangers.
OOC Spoiler, for Divine Eyes Only
Spoiler :

I have no plans to do any further stories with this feature. Sometimes what you get is not exactly what it says on the tin.

Verdian, you can read the Spoilers for the following features when you see them on the map. You don't need to wait until you enter the named tile.

The Chill Pass
Spoiler :

The mountains around the Chill Pass are so high that the sun never shines on the floor of the valley between them. The land in the Pass has not thawed since the end of the Age of Ice. They say that the wind that blows through the Chill Pass would have made even Mulcarn shiver.

At one end of the Pass is a tower. Within which, lives a savage sorcerer. Some say he's touched by genius, others insanity. He draws on the magic from the Pass in his experiments, creating life and lifeforms that shouldn't exist and haven't existed since the Age of Magic.

OOC, Divine eyes only:
Spoiler :

I'll create a Held Barbarian illusionist in the tower along with a Held barbarian Illusion Griffon.
I'll place a developed Creation Mana node in the Pass along with some roads.
Once the tile that the Node is on is culturally claimed, I'll change it to a Shadow Node.

The Midnight Jungle
Spoiler :

In the earliest translations of this dread place, the given name was The Jungle of Creeping Midnight. Over time and through the laziness of cartographers this has been reduced to the Midnight Jungle. By either name, it is a fell place, best avoided by all sensible people. The black fog that hangs between the branches is poisonous on contact, quickly scarring the skin. Even if one leaves, wherever the noxious fog has condensed on clothing, a trail of the dark cloud will be attached, so it appears that one wears a tattered cloak of night itself.
- Prior Mirg, The Dark Corners of Erebus

-----

Widow Millson adored and doted on her two sons. They were Grigori boys and were not satisfied with living in their small village. They listened to the stories of Grigori adventurers and yearned for people to tell tales of them. Eventually, the widow relented and gave them permission to seek their fame and fortune. The widow stood by the village watchtower saying her goodbyes. It broke her heart to watch them leave.

The boys decided to seek their fortune in the Midnight Jungle. The dark fog surrounded them, making it impossible to tell night from day, They found an area where the trees were not so close and decided to make camp. They thought it better to light a fire so they could see the monsters that would be in the first verse of their saga than to be killed in the darkness by something unknown. The elder gathered the wood while the younger organised the camp. The fire had been lit when the elder returned with the second load of wood. He saw that a monster, with a hideous face and numerous black tentacles was rooting through their bags and that there was no sign of his little brother. He drew his axe and attacked. He hacked and hacked til the beast didn't try to rise anymore. Then he saw that the "monster" wore his brothers clothes and that the tentacles were the black fog. He carried his brother's corpse from that dark, evil wood. He clawed out a grave on the edge of the wood before beginning the long walk home alone.

They were dangerous times. Many a bandit and monster lurked outside the village. The watchtower was always manned, so it was a great surprise when a fearful shriek rose from within the village. All the men grabbed whatever stick or farming tool was to hand and charged out to investigate. A nightmare made flesh from the night itself was slowly making it's way through the village. The men attacked and when it was almost dead they hung it by the watchtower as a warning to other marauders.

In the morning, she saw him. He had changed so much since she had seen him last but she would know her son's eyes anywhere. She asked for him to be cut down. As she cradled him, he rasped that he had killed his brother and begged to be hung up once more. The widow stood by the village watchtower saying her goodbyes. It broke her heart to watch him leave.

OOC, Divine Eyes Only
Spoiler :

Units that start in the wood when the Gods take their turn will be given the Hidden Nationality, Poisoned and Shadowwalk promotions.
If there's a barbarian lair in the Wood, they'll get Hidden Nationality, Poison Resistance and Shadowwalk promotions.

DunDorchadas
Spoiler :

This old tower stands atop a sea-cliff. It's reputed to be haunted but this doesn't discourage those who seek it out. It is said that the caves and tunnels beneath the tower harbour secrets so great that no man will willingly share them.

OOC, Divine Eyes Only
Spoiler :

Units in the tower when the Gods take over become Barbarian and Held.

OOC
Spoiler :
Yay, people are responding! I will collect the save next Friday, so please make all changes by then.

I think I forgot to mention in this thread that this game is happening about 60 years after the end of Winter, before Mulcarn has returned in the scenarios.

Sirona, did you put an angel on the Sepulcher? I can understand if you didn't, as it is an evil place, but if you did I want to interact with it before I start.

Also, thank you for putting which you god you are at the top of each post. Other gods, please do the same. It makes following along with the story a lot easier.

OOC:
Spoiler :
Nope. Only five or six UFs have an Angel, and they're all far away from your starting site.

Got it

Gave it back. Something I'm doing was causing a python error.

@Bad_Player
Spoiler :
Now

Got it

Divine Eyes Only
Spoiler :

Features added:
Ashton; South West of Sidar
Chill Pass; West of Kuriotates. Tower includes a Held griffon with Illusion promotion and a Held Shaman who has lots of magical promotions (for flavour) but which he won't be using as he's Held.
Dundorchadas; South East of Clan on the coast
Golden Vale; East of Svartalfar
Midnight Jungle; South East of Grigori
Twailic's Hut; West of Lanun, North East of Clan

I also made contact between the Lanun and the Kuriotates.
I didn't make the route visible to the Lanun as this may change if an archipelago is being added.

I'm finished my edits. Over to whoever else want so work on it.

Attachments

• DI Round 1-Esus.CivBeyondSwordSave
    83.1 KB · Views: 87
Ooh, Ceridwen hasn't been picked by anyone yet? I had great fun playing her in the last one, can I be her again? :evil:

OOC
Spoiler :
Sure thing, Apenpaap.

OOC
Spoiler :
I will be taking the save in about five hours. I hope everyone has finished their changes! :)

OOC (verdian and others):
Spoiler :
Cerwedian has yet to get the save after me, could you please allow him a bit more time please?? I think his quest will be flavourful to the storyline IMO.

Here is my save:

Attachments

• DI5 Round 1-Junil.CivBeyondSwordSave
    83.8 KB · Views: 62
Top Bottom