The Dragon Cult of Erebus (FFH DI)

OOC:

Spoiler :
Here you go, edited the problems out: that settler is gone and the angel is barbarian.

Attachments

• Verdian AD-0001.CivBeyondSwordSave
    84 KB · Views: 89
OOC:

Spoiler :
Here you go, edited the problems out: that settler is gone and the angel is barbarian.

Could he take mine please because I made some map changes described in hermetic lore thread (unless ppl disagree with the changes).

OOC
Spoiler :
I took Bad_Player's. I will try to get a post up as soon as possible.

Edit: Finished to turn 50. I hope the write up is done within 48 hours.

OOC - Verdian and all
Spoiler :

Given the back story for this particular DI, do you want your capital to be made the founding city for the Dragon Cult religion?

Chapter 1 - Preparing the Nest

The peak had been stripped bare of trees, and the first few homes were almost complete. The dragon that had appeared in the sky some weeks ago guided them here, the bright star of its tail leading them east. The Goddess of Magic had promised them power, and the symbol of their totem instilled a sense of righteousness and hope in Dallarin's people.

At Quintien's suggestion, the highest part of the mountain had been clear cut and, after erecting basic shelters, a palisade was set up where the shear cliffs and solid stone did not protect them. The urge to be safe, to never again be forced to leave their homes, was on the mind of everyone present.

The village was coming along nicely. The foundations of Aerie were laid.

New Age 0 - Founded Aerie. Ancient Chants started - "And the stars guided them home, where the eggs would be protected from those that would do them harm." -Book of Dragons, on the founding of the First City

NA 1 - Scout gets Calendar from village - A peaceful nearby tribe of humans was quickly converted, bringing advanced maths and farming techniques. A welcome addition to the clutch.

NA 2 - Warrior begins to investigate Sepulcher - Dallarin sent out a group of warriors to investigate the ruins to west, and see if they are habitable.

NA 4 - Spider spawns from Sepulcher. Village gives map - The ruins, or Sepulcher as it has since been called, is not habitable. An infestation of giant spiders make it quite dangerous. Caution is advised.

NA 6 - Spider spotted from Sepulcher: Hornface Cruelreign - One of the spiders speaks, and gives its name as Hornface Cruelreign. It warns our men away from the Sepulcher. Discussions begin in Aerie for possible conversion of spiders.

NA 7 - Shalin the Visionary spotted in western tower - Musteval report a fantastically tall tower in a valley to the north. Through bitter wind and snow, they make their way to the base. A man appears in a flash at the door, Shalin the Visionary. He warns the musteval away, and says his tower is not the play thing of mortals. We shall see about that.

NA 8 - Scout attacked by wolves - Harried as they Shalin's tower leave by arctic wolves, our musteval show what they are made of.

NA 9 - Jeweled Mask appears. Amurite borders found - In the light of the Jeweled Mask, the Amurite people are discovered. What treachery does this ill omen predict?

NA 10 - Palisade built. Sabathiel of Bannor met, border found - Quintien finishes construction of the palisade, and all of Aerie sleeps sounder. Perhaps it was built just in time, for the warriors of the Bannor are soon discovered living nearby...

NA 11 - Sandalphon of the Sidar met - In the north, the Sidar make themselves known.

NA 12 - Chill Pass found - An attempt to approach Shalin's tower from the east reveals a frozen valley that radiates a powerful magic. Our warriors have difficulty navigating it and must withdraw.

NA 14 - Ashton found, and the Maelstrom - Drawn by the roar of the Maelstrom, the mysterious town of Ashton is found by the musteval. It provides more questions than it answers. Finding a book inside the ghost town, the musteval procure it and flee. What horrible magics have been twisted to create such things? Is this the power of Danalin? Or something darker?

NA 15 - Ancient Chants researched - Songs of the Dragon sound ceaselessly from the peaks of Aerie, in celebration and awe.

NA 23 - A Great Engineer born in Aerie. Scout returns with Ashton book - Quintien, having finished his own considerable estate, is persuaded to take up the mantle of Grand Designer and continue his work in planning out the great city of Aerie. When the musteval return with the Book of Ashton, Dallarin secludes himself and studies its ancient passages.

NA 24 - Worker built. Pegasus constellation causes storms - The people of Aerie move out from the city to farm and colonize the surrounding area. Despite rather severe storms, several farms are set up. The flooding from the rain greatly helps the rice fields to the east.

NA 27 - Edible mushrooms found near Aerie - Giant mushrooms, mutated through magic and the seasonal storms, are found near Aerie. Delicious and nutritious, a farm is set up and plans to expand the harvest discussed.

NA 30 - Monument built - A massive monument to the great dragons of old is carved in the center of Aerie.

NA 34 - Warrior never comes back from Sepulcher - Negotiations with Hornface are put on hold as our warriors go missing in the Sepulcher.

NA 35 - Harpy Egg found and raised. Resulting bard settled - "Born with voice of silver and gold, Clarion's first words were songs of praise to the dragons. No one could explain the child's knowing of all the Songs of the Dragon, but she sang them all without ever having heard them." -Book of Dragons, on the First Hatchling

NA 38 - Scorpion Clan goblin attacks scout, from dungeon. Knowledge of the Ether started - The curiosity of the musteval gets the best of them as they stumble upon a band of goblins. But then they get the best of the goblins.

NA 39 - Scout ran from griffon. Switched to God King and Agrarianism - Reports of a flying lion lead to a rash of bad jokes in Aerie. Dallarin is official recognized as the Divine Voice of the Dragon Cult. Efforts to increase food production to match the influx of new tribes and young are enabled.

NA 40 - Mushrooms sprout in city - Successful replanting of the mushrooms in the south results in a rather large crop in Aerie proper. The people are quite proud of their mushroom forest.

NA 44 - Granary built. Barbarian invasion from north - Food storage facilities are complete, but word of the prosperity of Aerie has spread. Invaders approach the lands of the Cult.

NA 46 - Barbarians defeated - Not willing to let their farms be ravaged, the warriors of Aerie poured forth from their mountain home and crushed the invading army.

The lamia, eager to prove themselves and in heat from their mating season, quickly pursued and eliminated the stragglers.

NA 49 - Elder Council built - An elder council for equal representation of the races is constructed, with Dallarin at its head.

Known World
Spoiler :

Kuriotate Lands
Spoiler :

Quest Status
Esus - Build a Palisade, be wary - Complete.
Ceridwen - Research up to Knowledge of the Ether - Incomplete. Beelined KoE, and am currently researching it. Did not have time to finish, but will next session.
Junil - Protect the Bannor worker - Incomplete (failed?). I found no worker to protect. I suppose he could have been killed before I found him, but I scouted my surrounding lands quickly. Are we sure he was actually placed on the map I was given?

OOC
Spoiler :
Here it is! Sorry it took so long. I really don't have time to post these on weekdays, so it is important that I get them on Friday. Please make sure the save is correct.

I think it was a good first sessions. I found a lot of things, some good story threads were created. I really liked the idea of creating named locations, and having spoilers in this thread I can read when they are discovered. That was a nice touch.

Lastly, the Visionary guy in the tower is showing up as a purple sphere. Can anyone else confirm this, or do I have to reinstall the mod?

To Lplate
Spoiler :
I would love it if you gods decided to do that.

Verdian, we need the latest save.

OOC
Spoiler :
Whoops. Here is the save. :blush:

Attachments

• Verdian AD-0050.CivBeyondSwordSave
    209.5 KB · Views: 90
Got the save.
OOC, all:
Spoiler :
Not just you, the visionary is a purple blob to me too.

Camulos, God of War

The gates have opened...

These were the latest rumors to spread. Not long since Aerie had been founded and already word of demonspawn arriving in Erebus had begun to crop up. Perhaps worse yet, word was that they had arrived on a nearby isle. Sometimes hollow howls echoed over the sea from the forested isle just off the coastline, the hollow howls believed to belong to the Hounds of Hell. One of the hells, at least.
But disturbing as the howling sounded, they were entrapped on that isle, and no craft had been constructed to ferry anyone there - not that anyone seemed willing to. All men knew that Hellhounds would devour anyone who went on such a venture.

This continued for a time, the citizens almost becoming used to the howls. Until a small, single ship apparently bearing no crew sailed up to the coastline near Aerie during a foggy night. A lone man was seen on deck when the ship came to a halt. He prepared a single longboat, rowing - eventually - over to the shoreline. His slow progress was explained when he reached the shore and turned toward the capital, those watching in the distance seeing that this man had but one arm alone.
The guards at the palisade stopped him, naturally. The city may be free for all, the appearance of such a grizzled old warrior surely needed some questions asked. He answered them without waiting for them to ask, however.
"I am Lothbrok," the gravelly voice announced. "It matters not from whence I came, but why I come. I do not seek to speak with the Divine King who rules here unless he chooses to speak with me, rather I seek for my words to be taken unto him. Tell him that I come on behalf of the Harbingers of Camulos, and that he has the use of the ship that brought me here, should he provide a crew for it."
He paused for a moment, looking skyward toward the faint constellation sacred to Camulos, and continued, "And then tell him that Camulos requires a service of him. The isle off your coast has seen two of his creatures that have momentarily escaped his control. Defeat them, and when it is done he may see fit to reward you."

Lothbrok said no more after that. He took a room within Aerie, but no matter how persistent he was questioned, he would only say that he would speak only to the Divine King or his emissary, and then only if it was deemed necessary.

Quest: Defeat the two Hellhounds.
Lothbrok has given you the use of his Galley, which has been moored on the coastline near Aerie, in order to reach the isle. You may use this ship as you see fit for any other purposes. There is no specific time-frame in which to complete this quest.

If Lothbrok is questioned further by the Divine King, or one who can prove he speaks for the Divine King:
Spoiler :
"The Hells of Camulos are a place of eternal war," he tells you over his tankard. "There are few sanctuaries in that realm, and they seldom last long. My Lord sends out the Hellhounds to seek out the fear in those souls and to return them to His eternal war. And yet, some Hellhounds grow restless and seek souls of their own. My Lord did not take me into His confidence about these two Hellhounds, He merely tells me they found a way out. They know that way, and He does not. He cannot let them return to his Hell only to lead others back to Erebus."
He takes another drink from the tankard, then continues, "I am informed that should you need any form of aid or assistance in the matter, you may appeal to my Lord Camulos for it. I am not told how you may do this, for He believes it should be the duty of mortals to decide that, but he will listen, and perhaps respond."

Additional Quest details, only from hearing this conversation:
Camulos will not require a price for any requested aid, so long as it related directly to the elimination of his Hellhounds. Anything else however, and Lothbrok will be the messenger who delivers the word of Camulos what he wants in return.

OOC, Divine eyes only:
Spoiler :
This could be linked into the mega-plot, but is for now, stand-alone. I'm not so much interested in when he defeats them, but how long he takes and how he deals with them.
And yes, I know he needs amphibious to disembark the ship for that isle. That's why he's actually got to appeal for aid. And Camulos wants to know how he plans to make that appeal.
Save is in the Hermetic Lore thread.

Quest - Rabish Reports
Spoiler :

Rabish was just finishing his evening walk. It was amazing that he actually got anywhere given that he stopped to talk to everyone he met. He was gifted with one of those memories that not only remembered names and faces but also all the familial and social connections that defined who anyone was. He took an interest in everyone and people like to feel interesting. Rabish never followed the same route on these walks. Yesterday, he even climbed the palisade watchtower - given that he was so out of breath, he had to sit down with guards for a considerable time, it's unlikely he'll be doing that again in a hurry.

"Good Evening, Lord Dallarin."
"Good evening, Lord Rabish and what does my favourite fishmonger's wife have to report?"
"I've inspected our guards several times now. They appear ever watchful and alert. It is hard to imagine any force taking the city by surprise. I fear that this extra alertness is not a natural condition for them to maintain over a long period. It is not devotion to duty that is making them so effective. Rather, it is a fear of what lies outside the city. Some speak of things lurking in the woods across the river. I suspect that if you cut down these woods, their paranoia would just find a different focus. What I would recommend is that we find a way to help the watchmen relax and unwind - alcohol may help or. . . perhaps a large celebration at which everyone remembers that life is something to be enjoyed."
"Does this place the city in danger."
"Not now. As I say, are watchmen are more vigilant than any others I've known. In the long term, I don't know if they can keep the constant high level of watchfulness without ultimately suffering some damage to their minds."
"I see. I'll give this matter some consideration. Have you other news?"
"A Lanun smuggling ring was operating near the river mouth. It was detected and quickly dismantled by a local, Jerbane. He really was most efficient. It is, however, human nature to want what is not locally available. If people can not obtain it legally, they will resort to other means very quickly. Whilst we've removed one group of smugglers, another will develop soon enough. What I would suggest is that we develop rules to regulate Trade with other nations. That way, people can access the exotic items they desire and the state can get it's due. The good news is that this does not appear to have adversely effected our relations with the Lanun - obviously those in authority there were not getting their cut of the proceeds."
"And what of the other nations?"
"As you know, the most recent meeting with the Bannor went smoothly. The Bannor, themselves appear quite militaristic. I doubt we could trust them to remain peaceful if we can not maintain a sufficient show of strength in our own forces. It is of note that they have almost mastered the occult knowledge that our sages are struggling with. Perhaps this is a sign that they have already aligned themselves with Ceridwen. The Sidar appear quite secretive and play their hands close to their chest. At this stage the most we can say about them is that we know very little."
"What do you know of this Lothbrok who has taken up residence here?"
"We know only what he has told us. I've spoken with some of the natives from the village to the south and none of them had any prior awareness of this Lothbrok. He claims to speak for the Harbingers. This is not a claim that is idly made for any who falsely make such a claim typically die a painful, violent death. Some Gods and some servents of the Gods do not like to have their names taken in vain. The fact that he is still alive and that his appearance fits with the stories we've heard of the Harbingers means that I think we should assume that he is genuine. The boat that he has provided appears quite sound."
Lord Rabish bowed and turned to leave then stopped.
"One last thing, my lord. I had voiced my doubts to you over Quintien as a choice for Grand Designer. I'm pleased to report that you appear to have made the right decision in spite of me. Quintien seems to be adjusting to his new role quite well. His confidence has visibly grown and he has revealed himself to be quite the charmer. His manner is helping new construction to progress swiftly."

OOC
Spoiler :

Reward for previous quest:
The warrior nearest to Aerie (2 tiles distant) has been given the City Garrison 1 promotion.

Objective:
Learn Trade
Carrot:
If you are one of the first 3 Civilizations to learn Trade, you will get a Great Merchant.
Stick:
On the next God turn, if you don't have Trade, 20 gold will be removed from your treasury due to more smuggling

Following God turn: 40 gold
Following God turn: 60 gold
Following and subsequent God turns: 100 gold

Feature Follow-up - Ashton Book
Spoiler :

Dallarin spent many nights poring over the book discovered at Ashton. It offered no explanation of whatever evil had befallen that town. It seemed primarily a mythical/religious work. It outlined the belief of the citizens of Ashton that sufficiently worthy people who navigated their boats through the Maelstrom would be blessed with all the knowledge of the sea. It also described several, unsuccessful attempts to accomplish this.
It did contain much practical information along with the religious text. Applying the information within the book would allow Dallarin's people to construct simple fishing boats and to better harvest the resources of the sea.

OOC:
Spoiler :

Kuriotates gain Fishing technology from the book.

OOC, for Divine Eyes Only
Spoiler :

I've no intention of giving any extra benefit to any unit foolish enough to go into the Maelstrom. Some people in Ashton killed themselves by acting on a false belief.

Grand Designs
Spoiler :

Quintien had not expected to be appointed as Grand Designer. The other former palace guards mocked him telling him he was trying to make himself into a lord. He responded that this was a new land and we could all be lords here if we wanted to. He claimed that none of them had to compromise for less than they wanted.
As regards his inspiration - it was clear enough to any that had eyes to see. The layout of Aerie was being modelled on the old Kwythellar palace. The most significant change was that the scale was allowing for the future presence of much larger creatures. Aerie was to be a place that could be called a home to Dragons.

OOC, For Divine Eyes Only
Spoiler :

Quintien's appointment surprised me. I'd no plans for him to push for any other particular buildings on behalf of Esus. Feel free to use him as a character to encourage/discourage the buildings that your Gods want.

MP-I, Morpheus
Verdian, Dallarin hasn't met or heard of Morpheus yet but this is chronologically the right time for this intro piece. Won't effect your game in the next 50 turns whether you read this or not.
Spoiler :

He had robbed graveyards.
He had looted temples.
He had pried the rings from the fingers of dead barbarians.

Whoever he fought, he defeated.
Whenever he attempted, he succeeded.
Whatever he feared, he challenged.

His name was legend.
His story was known.
His fortune was made.

He wasn't satisfied.
He didn't rest.
He wanted more. . .

For Divine Eyes Only
Spoiler :

The statue of Esus stepped down off it's plinth. It walked down the aisle between the rows of the stunned congregation. It took on the form of a dream merchant as it stepped out into the bustle of the City.
Sniffing the air, he turned and made his way unerringly through the crowded streets to where Mammon was. Stepping into the cavernous, vaulted building where Mammon tracked his stocks of souls was like stepping into a Dragon's Den.
"Mammon, I have an investment proposal for you . . ."

Esus Flavours, Give Me the Child . . .
(Verdian, the Esus Flavours are intended to be examples of some of the ways Esus is influencing Erebus. While most won't be explicitly in Kuriotates lands, this is just to reflect that Esus has more fish to fry than just the Kuriotates. I won't be making direct changes within the game based on any Esus Flavours.)
Spoiler :

Golden Leane
Tarik told Maeb. Maeb told a few others, including Barak. Barak told some more, including Peotr. Peotr told everyone he knew, including Tarik. Tarik was shocked but found the few of his friends who hadn't heard and let them know.

The changeling that had been Tarik, watched the lie grow and evolve as it spread among the children of Golden Leane, from its position as a cat on a tree branch. It stretched and smiled as the children's new reality took shape.

Torrelerial
. . .
"Do you believe in hell?"
"I think they just say those stories so we behave."
"I believe in hell but I don't think it's as bad as our parents say. If it was, then there's no way they could have survived. We'd all be dead or still there."
"Don't you listen during lessons. They survived because Sabathiel led them out."
"Yeah right, Sabathiel. Have you ever seen him? 'Cause I know I haven't."
. . .

Luciedo
"Let's go in and have a look around."
"Dad says we're not allowed."
"Dad'll never know, come on."
So they went into their father's forbidden private study. It was exciting. They laughed to hide their nervousness.
It sounded like a breaking dream when it hit the ground. They recognised the shattered form immediately. It was their father's prized marble statuette of Kilmorph.
"I didn't touch it."
"There's no-one else there."
"It's your fault. We wouldn't be in here if you hadn't insisted."
"You're still the one who did it."
"I'll tell dad you did it."
"No. We'll tell dad someone else did it."
"He's not going to believe a stranger broke in just to break a small statue."
"You're right. We should trash the study to make it look like they were looking for something. Then he'll never think it was us."
It seemed like a plan that would free them, so they started.
They were were surprised when they found the hoard of gold and small treasures.
"I didn't know dad was that rich!"
"We have to take it."
"Why?"
"He'll never believe someone wrecked his study looking for something and then left all the treasure they found."
They took the small hoard and left the study in a mess. They hid the hoard outside the house. By the time, their father got home they had agreed on the description of the stranger they'd seen near their home.

He thought it was his lucky day when he found a sack filled with treasure. It was his unlucky night when they hung him as a thief. What were the odds that he'd exactly match the description the children had concocted?

Esus doesn't only like the big lies. He gets a lot of enjoyment from the little ones, even if a little cultivation is needed to maximise their impact.

Gereth Minor
The elven children sat in a circle playing Esus Whispers. They delighted in how the true, original meaning had been lost and completely replaced when the message had been passed all the way around the ring by whispering.

Faith
Verdian, this one has no direct impact on the Kuriotates either
Spoiler :

Thariss
The first thing that others noticed about him was his confidence. The second thing they noticed was that he never seemed to be anywhere that was lit well enough to clearly discern his features. Those who observed him over a longer period of time discovered two more interesting things. Firstly, while he seemed to benefit from endless good fortune, anyone who opposed him seemed to have unfortunate accidents, typically where there were lots of witnesses. Secondly, they discovered that he went to pray in the ruin of an old temple every night.
Seeking some of this elf's good luck, others made their way nightly to this temple. Together, they prayed to Esus, to whom the temple had originally been dedicated. Soon it was no longer a ruin. Worshippers worked at night to renovate the temple. No candle or torch lit the inside of the temple and the sun was never allowed pass it's doorway. By touch, one would discover that the temple was becoming filled with whatever treasures the dark elves could spare in their search for Esus's favour. The treasures were safe. Only a fool would try to steal from the God of Thieves.

OOC, for Divine Eyes Only
Spoiler :

Added Pagan Temple in Thariss.

Spoiler :
Joining the game as Lugus.

Dallarin was marching through a thick, dark, fog. He could only see a faint light far in the distance. As he continued to march towards the light, he began to see more clearly. He was marching towards a desert. As the light became brighter, he noticed he was marching with others. Alongside his own escort, there were soldiers carrying the unmistakable banners of the Bannor and the Amurite.

Dallarin awoke.

Little was known about the peoples to the west. Dallarin's scouts avoided what appeared to be their hunting grounds for fear of aggression. Their explorers similarly avoided approaching the fortified town of Aerie. The neighbors tolerated each others existence and respected the land that they had each staked claim to, out of mutual self interest. Dallarin's vision of marching alongside these foreigners directly conflicted the distrust of outsiders which had been instilled in him. Dallarin reported this dream to a local seer, Ghaeru, for interpretation.

In front of the newly established Elder Council, Ghaeru made a statement.

"My lord, the light in your dream was without doubt a message from Lugus, the Sun God. I believe Lugus wants you to explore the lands beyond the tribes to the west. The only way we can safely do this is to establish amicable negotiations and cooperation between our peoples. I propose that we send emissaries to their leaders and request that our armies and scouting parties be allowed safe passage through their land and refuge in their settlements. In return, we should open the gates of Aerie and allow their travelers the same hospitality."

The last sentence provoked much murmuring among the council. Ghaeru bowed his head to the council, and made one final remark. "The longer we stay within our city walls, the longer we will stay in darkness."

Quest OOC
Spoiler :
Establish Open Borders with the Bannor and the Amurites.
Reward- Earn Lugus's favor and receive more visions
Bonus- If accomplished before the next God turn, your units will receive the Sentry promotion.

OOC
Spoiler :
I used to be the Death God in the old one . This should be an intresting read good luck ;)

:evil: Ceridwen, godess of Magic :evil:

Dallarin still vividly remembers the miracle, and still can't help but glance at the Black Candle expectingly whenever it is in the sky. Especially now, after his people have followed Ceridwen's orders and regained much knowledge from the Age of Magic. They are even taking steps towards harnessing magic, so they can actually use it. One night, at last, his expectations pay off as the Black Candle is once again burning with a purple flame.
"Dallarin..." a voice speaks. "You have done well... You have tried to recover lost knowledge of magic to the best of your abilities. Yet it seems the curiosity of your people is not as great as I hoped. You are progressing slowly towards the knowledge of magic you seek; too slowly.
Yet let it never be said Ceridwen does not reward those who try to carry out Her commands. While the knowledge you are steadily obtaining will be a great reward in itself, I have also ignited the mind of a simple man among your people. He shall now be among the very wise. Finding him will be quite easy, as he will come to find you. His mind shall be a great asset to you.
He will also instruct you on how to properly worship Me, the wisest and most benevolent of all gods. As you have noticed, doing My bidding brings great rewards. Kylorin was loyal to me, and ruled Erebus because of it. You must learn the ways of the wise from the one who I helped. There is no hurry, I understand your people have immediate needs that need to be seen to other than their spiritual needs. But do not keep Me waiting too long..."

--

Weyoun awoke in the middle of the night. His mind was swimming with ideas and curiosity. He suddenly understood so much more than he had before now... Yet he also realised now there was so much he didn't understand. The thought was appalling; he wanted to know more. He had gone to bed last night with the only two thoughts on his mind being the upcoming harvest and how much he loved his wife. Now the first couldn't be further from his mind, while the second made up only a small portion of the incredibly busy flood of thoughts in his mind.
Weyoun got up and started collecting the things he would need in a hurry. He had already wasted forty-two years on menial things, he didn't want to waste another second.
"Huh?" Mumbled his wife. "Weyoun, what are you doing? It's the middle of the night..."
Weyoun took a look outside at the stars and did a quick calculation, realising for a moment he had barely been able to count past fifty until he had woken up just now. "It is not, actually; that passed an hour and fifty-seven minutes ago. And there is no time to waste; I must get to the capital!"
Kilana sat up in bed. "Why? We can't go to Aerie! It's the middle- it's night, and the harvest is coming up!"
"I can't wait for the harvest, it is a dreadfully slow process that takes up time I could spend unraveling the mysteries of the cosmos. I must go to the capital, there is so much to learn..."
"Weyoun!" Kilana snapped angrily, "the only thing you must do is get back into bed and sleep this madness off!"
Weyoun sighed, beginning to wonder how he could ever have married someone so slow. It was a good thing they had no children yet, they would only distract him from pursuing the knowledge he wanted. "Madness? This is a blessing! The gods have smiled upon me!" He looked out of the window, and saw the Black Candle, unusually bright, and burning with a magical purple flame. "Ceridwen be blessed! This must've been her doing... Look at the Black Candle, Kilana, it's a sign! I must praise Ceridwen for bringing this upon me, and I must go to Aerie... Tell others of this miracle, so that they may also praise the greatest of all gods! And I must find books... I must learn..."
Kilana looked out of the window, and was visibly impressed by the omen. "I... Wow... I- I suppose you must be right... But books? Weyoun, you can't read."
"I'm quite sure I can... I can picture the entire alphabet in my mind, and the spelling of any word I like. It must be part of Ceridwen's blessing."
"But what about the harvest?"
"Someone else will have to bring in the harvest, or it won't be brought in. It's not important, there is so much to learn! This is a sign from Ceridwen; I have better things to do. And so do you."
"But... Weyoun, we're one of the biggest farms in Aerie lands, what if there's not enough food left for the people in the city if we leave the harvest behind?"
"The odds of that are no more than 39,7%. It is a minor risk."

--

Weyoun cautiously entered Dallarin's quarters. He calculated there was only a 18,3% chance the King realised his leaving his farm had contributed to the famine, but why take the risk?
He cleared his throat. "Your majesty? My name is Weyoun; I am the one you likely have heard about, as I have been receiving a number of followers lately, who have been pursuing knowledge and worshipping Ceridwen, and of course her dragon Abashi, under my guidance. Unfortunately, we find our pursuit of knowledge here is strained by several factors. The famine is one of them; another is the fact that followers of other gods attack us occassionally. Therefore, I must inform you we will leave Aerie and settle somewhere else to conduct research in a more suitable environment.
We will remain loyal to you and serve you, however if we were to leave with your blessing, we could attract more citizens, and educate them in the arts of magic as well. I'm quite sure Ceridwen would be very pleased with you if you did help us. And the knowledge we obtained could be shared with the rest of our people, used to improve our lives and our power."

OOC:
Spoiler :
Since you didn't complete the quest, so you don't get a settled Great Scientist, unlike your rivals who did make it, but you did get close (and I suspect my quest was in fact impossible for you :-o). The famine takes away some population from Aerie, but you get a settler.

Quests:
-Use the Settler to settle a city. Preferably in a good commerce or great people spot, but this is up to you.
-Research Way of the Wicked. There is no time limit on this, apart from researching it before you research Way of the Wise.
-Rewards for these quests: You'll see. (You didn't expect a goddess of secrets to reveal her hand, did you? :p)

Attachments

• Verdian AD-0050-Ceridwen.CivBeyondSwordSave
    211.6 KB · Views: 81
Sirona, Goddess of Wisdom

"So, it has begun," spoke Sirona. The Gods and Goddesses had begun their game, and Erebus was about to suffer because of it. However, there was potenial for hope as well, and a chance to avoid the mistakes of the Age of Magic. She whispered to one of her Angels:

"Go to Dallarin in his sleep, and tell him this: "There is an isle, far east of your city, that is the home of my servants, the Swanmay. Should you send one of your warriors there, and have him stay for a while, he will be given a great blessing, one that will help you once the inevitable confrontation with the Infernals comes."

OOC
Spoiler :
Lots of great stories coming in. :) Updated first post with the new Lugus.

So, today would normally be the day I collect the save. But as I only gave you all the save 3 days ago, I wanted to ask if you gods need/want an additional week to update the save and plot amongst yourselves?

OOC:
Spoiler :
I forgot to specify the duration, so here goes:

- 1 Turn equals one Month, so an ideal number would be 9 Turns, enough time to be 'reborn as Sirona'.

- There's a special bonus for staying for 10 turns.

OOC
Spoiler :
Lots of great stories coming in. :) Updated first post with the new Lugus.

So, today would normally be the day I collect the save. But as I only gave you all the save 3 days ago, I wanted to ask if you gods need/want an additional week to update the save and plot amongst yourselves?

OOC, Activity
Spoiler :

Lugus, Sirona, Camulos, Ceridwen and Esus have given their stories for this session. No other plans have been mentioned in the Hermetic Lore thread for the other Gods since you posted.

Arawn - Angel of Death (Death) - Randomness advised us that he doesn't have time for this at the moment due to RL.

Junil - Angel of Justice (Law) - Bad Player and Dagda - Angel of Balance (Force) - Empedocles haven't posted anything on the Hermetic Lore since you gave us back the save. Bad_Player was very active in the discussions for the first turn, so I'd consider giving a little more time for Gods to do their thing (even though I'm dying to see how it plays out next).

Lade, thomas.berubeg and thegoatgod_pan haven't been active on the Hermetic Lore thread or story thread yet.
Kilmorph - Angel of Responsibility (Earth) - Lade
Danalin - Angel of Serenity (Water) - thomas.berubeg
Mammon - Angel of Greed (Mind) - thegoatgod_pan

Top Bottom