The DYOS Consul (DYOS XI: 2009-2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either XII or Unnumbered is fine by me.

10.5 Needs to remain open a bit longer, because we still have a lot to do in it.

- New rules are A-OK.

- Latvian vote for Thorvald since potato is small. Perhaps Thorvald will provide more potato by next month. Perhaps family will starve before tomorrow. Such is life.

- Latvian also second TK nomination for Vice-Consul. Latvia needs good check on vices. Potato was stolen twice yesterday.

- Content for 1st comic is fine by me. Since the 10th anniversary is coming up in *checks* two weeks or so, could we try to get CurtSibling to make it? I might also be able to get Mojotronica (another 1st-threader) to contribute. Failing that, uh, I might have a big enough ego to indulge that. <.<

- Just "DRAW Your Own Story!" for newcomers' sake.

If you could manage to find some of the originals to do a 10th anniversary comic, that would be amazing. I haven't seen most of them in years.

I'd like to nominate myself for the Vice-Council or the aptly name Minister of Keeping Things Orderly.

PMs sent to Curt and Mojo.

I think everyone should do as I say.
I am the First Lady after all and if you don't like it, I'll start complaining. Then I shall be whining if you don't want me complaining. Splendid! I'll prepare the cucumber sandwiches immediately!

On a more serious note, the changed rules are fine

There was vague talk about originating the bill in Coruscant, since it's the only country with the reach to be able to enforce such legislation at the global scale. Recent discussions have expounded on this as the Senate &c. basically doing its job while CG & Co. are fighting Mariko. Also gives CG an easy segue into the main plot once he's finished his civil war.

If that was the case, there would be absolutely NO reason for the Blood Gulch Mercenaries to obey such restrictions. What's the "Senate" going to do? Invade the Switzerplanet system so they enforce Republican law?

In my opinion, there doesn't need to be an "origin" of it in one place. One day it's established and everyone obeys it without question. Or tries to run from it in a far off asteroid field. Or works for the "Bad guys" to help enforce it.

Then again, if we are going with Corsucant enforcing it, the Blood Gulch Mercenaries could become the Blood Gulch Pirates. That could work still... but I'm reluctant on that one

Is it XII, or just DYOS? Reboot-style nomenclature has been the norm in games and movies recently, and Kan's suggestion that we make the one thread and just roll with it FORREST OF TIME appeals to me greatly.

Well we want to keep the ideas fresh for new people. Established empires could be a little confusing for those who don't know anything or don't do a thorough analysis of everyone's offsite comics.

But then again, I have barely even started with the backstory of my established empire/world so I don't want to do a reboot of it. So maybe we can keep the empires, but we shouldn't get bogged down in their story and focus on the characters.

Everyone's nations could negotiate it behind their backs. Or something like that.

Everyone's nations could negotiate it behind their backs. Or something like that.

That's be hard to do for the Blood Gulch Mercenaries.
Considering how my comics show I just got leadership back and if the Councilboard tried to enforce such restrictive laws, they'd find themselves getting a blast of Friendship.

I'm sounding like someone else in the past aren't I?

If that was the case, there would be absolutely NO reason for the Blood Gulch Mercenaries to obey such restrictions. What's the "Senate" going to do? Invade the Switzerplanet system so they enforce Republican law?

In my opinion, there doesn't need to be an "origin" of it in one place. One day it's established and everyone obeys it without question. Or tries to run from it in a far off asteroid field. Or works for the "Bad guys" to help enforce it.

Then again, if we are going with Corsucant enforcing it, the Blood Gulch Mercenaries could become the Blood Gulch Pirates. That could work still... but I'm reluctant on that one.
You're not the only one who's reluctant on having my faction be the origin of the law (as well as my own reservations of having my faction be precived as the bad guy). Heck even my brain (and the Supreme Court) is going to cry out that the law is unconstitutional since not only is its imposing on my citizens (I'm fine with the shadowy organization strong arming the legislature to pass the law within the Republic's borders) but also stepping on the toes of other people's sovereignty. The general impression that I am getting from Thorvald is that when he meant "at the global scale", it's likely he's referring to simply Earth and not the entire galaxy that you and I operate in.

For you and I, Styles, we could operate on that concept on the "one day it's just been established" mantra. Since I'm operating on the pretext that a third party strong armed the passage of POPA.

That's be hard to do for the Blood Gulch Mercenaries.
Considering how my comics show I just got leadership back and if the Councilboard tried to enforce such restrictive laws, they'd find themselves getting a blast of Friendship.

I'm sounding like someone else in the past aren't I?

There's ways around it though. Maybe Blood Gulch Mercenaries become victim of economic shenanigans and they lose a whole lot of clientele, and the Plasma Gully PMC takes over a large portion of the share market, and they are actually a front corporation for the Controllers of Reality Agency and their Proprietors, TEH BAD GUIZE!!! Or something like that.

I'll vote on the stuff later.

CivGeneral said:
For you and I, Styles, we could operate on that concept on the "one day it's just been established" mantra. Since I'm operating on the pretext that a third party strong armed the passage of POPA.

Of course, there is still the case of the Overlords that our favourite trio of Narrators have referred to...
While I have plans for them in DYOS XII, they may have had some hand in all this...

Ninjacow64 said:
There's ways around it though. Maybe Blood Gulch Mercenaries become victim of economic shenanigans and they lose a whole lot of clientele, and the Plasma Gully PMC takes over a large portion of the share market, and they are actually a front corporation for the Controllers of Reality Agency and their Proprietors, TEH BAD GUIZE!!! Or something like that.

Oh please, Plasma Gully PMC are a bunch of children who think they can play Mercenaries. In fact, that's probably their only skill. Playing Mercenaries and not being actual mercenaries.

Now, Talon Company on the other hand. They've got ties to the Veldemont Kingdom on Aquaria. Anti-Magic is really useful when travelling in space.

Besides, in DYOS XII, the Blood Gulch Mercenaries will have suffered economically from SIPA and POPPA, as the fees to use the Internet have been pretty high...

I know I'm not a REAL DYOSer yet, but I thought I'd give my $0.02 on these issues.

Article 1

I'm cool with that.

Article 2

No thanks.

Article 3

Here's my ideas about that if anyone is interested. SIPA (Special Internet Protection Act) heavily restricts the use of the internets/bans it outright for a majority of the population. POPA (Persons of Proper Authority) grants certain VIPs (Corporate Fatcats, Politicians, you get the gist) unlimited use of the internet. Those who break these laws end up with bad stuff happening to them. This has all been strong armed in by CRAP (Controllers of Reality Agency and their Proprietors), an evil shady corporations who definitely have ulterior motives for wanting to control the internet.

Article 4

I would prefer DYOS XII, as I don't think it is that intimidating for newcomers and reboots annoy me somewhat. If you guys don't like something in canon, do what Dr Who writers do, ignore it and contradict it! :p

Also does anyone have any strong objections if I use Kevin Rudd as a villain-esque thing?

Also sorry for the double post and I think this is regular occurrence, but the wiki is down. Again.

I've been thinking about this over work (writing this on my break). I would like to nominate myself as the Triumvir. But I would like to rename it as "Public Relations Officer". What I have in mind is that the office promotes DYOS here on CFC. Though would not be the same as an ambassador to the mods role.

you guys don't like something in canon, do what Dr Who writers do, ignore it and contradict it! :p
Just like what I do! :p

Also does anyone have any strong objections if I use Kevin Rudd as a villain-esque thing?
Now you're just gonna add more fuel to the Rudd jokes :p.

Also sorry for the double post and I think this is regular occurrence, but the wiki is down. Again.
Fail host is fail, I'm afraid.

NinjaCow64 said:
you guys don't like something in canon, do what Dr Who writers do, ignore it and contradict it!

Or keep it and blame any factual errors on poor research on the behalf of your characters.

Only if Gillard turns out to be the Big Bad all along. She's the true evil :lol:

ARTICLE 1- Sounds fine to me
ARTICLE 2- I defintiely support Thor as Consul and TK as Vice, but idk who for Triumvir
ARTICLE 3- I personally have not started planning my comic fully except for a few ideas here and there. I could adapt those ideas to any situation, really, so I'll let people who know what they are doing decide.
ARTICLE 4- DYOS

On a related note, would someone mind showing me how to draw people? I can draw almost anything else, but I've always had trouble with people, and despite my attempts recently, still can't.

Draw them wearing long-sleeved clothes. Makes it easier. Faces I draw a bit like round-edged pentagons, but there are many kinds of faces. As a general rule, eyes are at half height, or so I was taught many years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom