The easiest civs to beat

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Matjillam1, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Matjillam1

Matjillam1 Chieftain

Which civs do u find the AI just can't play right and are therfore allways easy to beat by you or other AI's?

Here's my list:

Native Americans - They are NEVER very advanced, even if they had a good start. And they aren't a big military builder either. Frankly, I can't figure out what they are doing, when apperently aren't building either science nor military :S

Japan - Well, he never makes any friends, so he isn't a good techer. And because he has no friends, you can easily DoW him without any danger. as long as he doesn't get rifles, he's kinda easy :)

Pericles - For some reason, I've NEVER had any problems with this guy. Not that advanced mostly, not a big military genious. He just doesn't have a big role in my games and are therefore an easy target.

Lemme here your lists :D

2. tycoonist

tycoonist Deity

native Americans are the best defensive civ in th game at the start

3. Matjillam1

Matjillam1 Chieftain

Yeah, but have you ever seen native americans being close as score leader? :) I haven't

4. siggboy

siggboy Monarch/Epic

Hatshepsut is perfect bashing material. Even after you've dowed twice on her she'll still not be very mad at you, open borders the next turn and be available for all tech trades again.

In BOTM 02 I sucked her dry while taking cities from her at the same time. She ended up as my vassal and in the process I got quite a few techs from her (she made good deals but since I was going to vassalize her anyway that was not a problem).

So in a sense Hattie is very easy to beat.

5. Gumbolt

Gumbolt Phoenix Rising

I just won a game with native Americans. Great at defence and not bad at rushing either. It's a pity the AI does not play them more aggressively.

6. Gumbolt

Gumbolt Phoenix Rising

Would of said Americans. Their UU and UB come far too late to be useful. They dont often get the first 3 starting religions either. Cant remember seeing them in late gameplay.

7. MrCynical

MrCynical Deity

The Native Americans are a nightmare to rush in the early game, but I've never seen them come close to winning due to their tendency to fall way behind in the tech race. Probably due to the AI personality. Tokuwaga is another one who never presents much of a problem - the isolationist approach always results in him getting wiped out in the pre-industrial stage of the game.

Gandhi is usually easy to wipe out very early with an axe rush.

8. Quotey

Quotey Emperor

Gandhi, Hatshepsut, Pericles and Isabella.

The just don't build military.

9. Beatrix202

Beatrix202 Chieftain

I play random personalities so I can't expect how each civ will play their game.

10. BalbanesBeoulve

BalbanesBeoulve Emperor

Mansa is also easy to beat even at tech parity because he just doesn't build enough units, and he's quick to capitulate too.

11. Iranon

Iranon Deity Whipping Boy

Frederick also tends to end up as a vassal... and even if he doesn't, he occasionally commits suicide in the industrial age. He happily builds lots of production modifiers even if he can't take the health penalties.

12. lovetramy

lovetramy Warlord

eh... monty anyone :D

13. BalbanesBeoulve

BalbanesBeoulve Emperor

Yeah i've seen that happen. I couldn't believe it when i saw size 1 cities in the 1800s.

14. Iranon

Iranon Deity Whipping Boy

He is coded to favour production, he gets a double discount to factories with coal (do AIs have a preference for discounted buildings even beyond their normal hardcoded tendencies?) and he doesn't tend to expand very much (few health resources). Quite a deadly combination :)

I haven't seen anything that extreme in my games yet (although I recall a thread about an entirely depopulated Germany somewhere on these forums... was that yous?), but cities half the size of everyone elses seem depressingly common for him.

15. DMOC

DMOC Mathematician

The easiest civs. Hm....

Easiest to rush:

Gandhi
    Hatshepsut
    Frederick

all build little military

Easiest to beat long term:

Wang Kon (almost always does poorly in my games)
    Tokugawa (same reason as Wang Kon)
    Sitting Bull (see "Wang Kon" and "Tokugawa" reasons)
    Genghis Khan, Montezuma, etc. (techs too slowly)

16. Larsz

Larsz Chieftain

The problem with this, I think anyway is that you can end up with a personality that doesn't match their bonuses making the AI even easier.

As for me, Hattie never seems to perform well in the early or late game. Most of the others really depend on the map and their neighbors. I had a recent game with Mansa, Ghandi and Elizabeth on a separate continent. None of them hard to beat militarily, but their combined tech pace was pretty impressive.

17. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

I've seen hatty force capitulation out of shaka...

Walkovers:

1. Ghandi
    2. Sitting Bull/toku/no trade idiots if they spawn far away (don't want idiocy rubbing off on my people)
    3. Asoka
    4. All American leaders (sadly)
    5. Peter/Stalin (rexing backstabby cathy is DANGEROUS though)
    6. The english queens, oddly.
    7. Ghengis khan
    8. Vikings

Most of these leaders can be dangerous if the situation favors them, but generally they're just terrible and suck utterly without a good start of a favorable religious situation to them. Mansa gets an honorable mention here, as he's very rarely a threat to beat me himself, but he trades techs to people who can cause me problems. Mansa feeding an unfriendly cathy techs is really obnoxious...she can get so huge lol.

18. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

I considered playing with random personalities but I'm not sure what is random. What bonuses (that aren't matching their personalities) are you talking about? Do you mean the relation bonuses in diplomacy, or the traits?

What's random?!

I'd just like to see someone else than Zara at the top of the scoreboard once in a while.

19. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

Having montezuma with ghandi's personality would be an EXCELLENT example of a leader's personality suddenly not matching his civ. Also, ghandi would pretty much never make use of aggressive.

Could you picture boudica with freddy or hattie's personality? Ugly.

20. pi-r8

pi-r8 Luddite

Hatty, definitely. She'll build tons of wonders, but no military...