The EAST Asian Thread (no rasicm allowed in here)

Eretz Yisrael

Korean Conscript
As being part of CFC for at least 1 year or so (at least I have been lurking around for 1.5 years), I noticed, to my dismay, relatively less threads concerning East Asia. Having been around Japan, South Korea, and China (I really wanted Mongolia once, but never got a chance), I hope that I could see more discussions about East Asia in general,so therefore started this thread. Really hope that everybody would come forward and share what they know about my home region...

As an opener, let's talk about the current situation of Christianity in East Asia. Having been a Christian for all my life, I can provide details as how far the religion has grasped people. (And by the way, produced heretics that show an interesting combination between East and Western religions).

East Asia's pretty cool. I like its history. Besides Huayna Capac, I also considered naming myself some Chinese emperor or something.

Hong Kong is great stuff!

When I was in China, I didn't see any churches or places of worship for Western religions, although I was told by my teachers that they are out there. Are they not very visible or something?

I was under the impression Christianity was posied to blow right open in China.

Vietnamese run barber shops

Christianity did not originate in China, Confucianism did. There are many Christians in South Korea. However, you can be executed for being Christian in North Korea.

South Koreans play Starcraft 30 hours a day

As a follower of the Korean Professional Starcraft Leagues:

:crazyeye:

People are not made in plastic molds.

So...I heard you liek mudkipz.

I wonder why are there so few people from East Asia - Japan, SK etc. are just as globalized as Europe and people there have even better access to the internet - but you see much more non-Anglo-Saxon Europeans on this forum than Chinese, Japanese or Koreans. Why? Is it the language barrier? Lack of interest in the culture of the Western barbarians? ;) Or something else?

no... Way!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

真的。你懂不懂我写什么东西吗?这些汉字不太难念到。

I'm only interested in Southeast Asia, anything past Malaysia doesn't exist.

I would say language barrier, and... did civ 4 even ship to japan?

They probably have something similar/better that is only available in japan anyway.

As an opener, let's talk about the current situation of Christianity in East Asia.

Christianity has a rather significant image problem in China given the events of 150 years ago, and it will never be more than a tiny minority religion in Japan or Mongolia. You'll have to settle for the significant minority of South Korean Christians.

It seems a bit strange to seek to increase discussion of East Asian issues by talking about a largely western religion with little or no relevance to the region.

I would say language barrier, and... did civ 4 even ship to japan?

They probably have something similar/better that is only available in japan anyway.

Civ style games aren't really played here, nor are PC games. I've seen the recent console version on shelves though.

Top Bottom